Prank Wars & Candy Stores

"I remember times when you were holding by a thread of chance."

George sighed as she pushed his brother into the joke shop that was only a few feet away from them to begin with. He held the door for Adele as she stepped through, oh so femininely as he watched her walk. He stood there a moment, watching the way her hips moved before he caught Fred’s gaze, who merely shook his head at his twin. George grumbled before making his way fully into the building.

“Exactly, what is it I’m supposed to be learning at this ‘joke shop’?” Adele asked, looking back at the twins with a wide eyed expression and her head cocked to the side.

“Everything there is to know about pranking,” Fred said before walking up the steps. “Coming, Georgie?” His twin grumbled again, placing his hand on Adele’s lower back, leading her up through the steps.

The two of them started from the top, grabbing things from the shelves and trying to explain things to their new little French girl. Unfortunately, everything to poor Adele was just going in one ear and out the other, but she nodded anyway. She’s just go along with whatever they say.

“Now, this is ton-tongue toffee, this makes any tongue it touches swell and turn purple,” George said after a while of not talking because of his brother. Adele just nodded her head, she felt like her brain was going to explode. She was not one for wanting to hear about pranking.

“Adele, are you listening?” Fred asked, tapping her shoulder when he noticed the glazed expression in her eyes. “What do these do?”

She opened her mouth, but before she could answer, she heard, “George? Fred?” from the bottom of the stairs.

~*~

“I’ve gotten her mother like you asked me to, m’lord,” Lucius said to the back of a chair. The chair swiveled back and forth, not turning around. Malfoy could see the skeletal fingers from the corner of the chair sticking out to pet Nagini. His Lord spoke in a foreign tongue to his pet, his only, what one would call ‘love’.

“Good, good, Lucius,” his half raspy and soft voice said, as Malfoy could see Lord Voldemort’s shadow from the fire that burned bright in front of him. “Now bring her to me.” His servant nodded, even though he knew his master wasn’t watching. He left the room for only a minute before he heard those secretive words spoken to his snake.

When he returned, Voldemort swiftly got up and took out his white wand. “Crucio,” he said so easily, while pointing the wand to the French girl’s mother. Voldemort got close enough to touch the woman, but refused. “Now why would such a wise old woman disobey me and send her daughter off to some foreign place?” he whispered to her.

The woman yelled in pain from the spell. She couldn’t speak, she couldn’t move. She was helpless and hurting. Lucius Malfoy had to watch the whole thing as if he knew what he was trying to coax from her. “I don’t think she can tell you anything...” Lucius started, but before he finished, he felt a searing pain on his cheek as he fell to the ground.

“Quiet Malfoy!” was the only thing that was yelled at him. He nodded, staying on the ground.

The mother screamed in agony before the pain just stopped. Voldemort stopped his curse and she dropped to the floor. Nagini moved swiftly, trapping the woman in a death grip with her body. Voldemort got low to her face. “Now, tell me woman. Why did you kill your own daughter and letting the other one retreat to Hogwarts, thinking that would save her?”

“I was protecting her...” the woman said.

“Protecting her from who? From you? You killed her sister.”

“I didn’t mean to.”

“I think you did,” Voldemort said before lifting up her left sleeve, revealing her own Dark Mark.

~*~

“Well, if it isn’t the Golden Trio gracing us with their presence,” Fred said with a chuckle. Adele stared down the steps for a moment, trying to figure out why those faces looked familiar. She made her way back down the steps, holding up a finger to the twins as if saying to ‘hold on.’

She circled the three, another red headed and freckled Weasley (she knew without having to ask), a curly haired brunette, and a black haired boy with thick rimmed circle glasses. Her finger pushed back the black hair on the short boy. When she saw the lightning scar, she gasped.

“You’re Harry Potter...” she gasped. He smiled and nodded. “You can save me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this hasn't been updated in a month. Hm, I have been quite behind in my stories lately. haha I feel terrible. But, my oceanography class is now over, so I don't have to worry about that and I can focus on writing more! :) But, hey, it's a new chapter, I hope you loved the plot twist. :D

Question of the chapter: What was your reaction to finding out Adele's mother is a death eater and killed her sister? Hm, curious, curious. Why should she have killed the sister?

The next chapter will be up whenever Christine posts it. :) We love all of you. <3

~ Kristyn