The Warblette

Devil.

I closed my gym locker, letting the likes of Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance blast through my headphones and into my ears and I changed back into my uniform from the awful PE clothes they had me wear.

Honestly.

They're completely revolting.

Since I had this class last period, all I had to do was wait until every single male was gone from the entire gym building to even consider taking off my clothes.

Piece of cake.

I sang along happily, tapping my bare feet on the concrete floor as I buttoned my shirt up to my neck, fixing my tie promptly.

Then, suddenly, Footloose came on, filling my ears with the most danceable beat in the world.

I stopped, considering where I was and what I was just doing for only a moment before my feet start to move. I began dancing around the entire locker room, singing loudly along with Kenny, letting every word lift me up (as it always did).

Been workin' so hard,
I'm punching my card!
Eight hours, for what?!
Oh, tell me what I got!!
I got this feelin'
That time's just holdin' me down
I'll hit the ceilin'... or else I'll tear up this town!!
Tonight I gotta cut loose: Footloose! Kick off your Sunday shoes!
Please, Louise pull me off a my knees!
Jack, get back! C'mon before we crack!
Lose your blues; everybody cut FOOTLOOSE!


When the song ended, I ended up on my knees, finger pointed up to the ceiling, breathing quite hard. The next thing I heard was clapping coming from the doorway. My eyes grew wide as I saw a boy with brunette hair standing in the arc of the door, applauding me with a mischievous smirk on his face.

"Bravo. Who knew you could dance like that?" he walked forward, arms across his chest.

"H-how long have you been in here?" I pant, distracting myself by putting my shoes back on.

"I think since you took the wraps from around your chest," he contemplated with a grin. My eyes grew wide as I stood up, wiping the dirt from my knees. "How long did you think you could go without anyone finding out that you were a girl?"

"I-I just-"

"Actually, better question. If someone did find you out, how long do you think they'd keep your dirty little secret?" My heart pounded fast as his face became evil, and I realized where this was going.

"I have nothing to give you," I mumbled, my eyes staying on the floor. Suddenly, he pulled my chin up.

"Have you heard of the Warblers?" he questioned, staring into my eyes. I nodded once, staying incredibly still. "Being in that group practically makes you a superstar. I'm in that group, but I'm not the lead. That unbelievably old news Blaine is." I suddenly became interested as Blaine's name came up in the conversation.

"What does this have to do with me?" I ask.

"I heard that you and Blaine have become fast friends?" I nodded again. He finally let go of my chin and I rob the red skin. "I need you to get rid of him." I stopped dead, letting my eyes focus on the boy's devilish grin. "Anyway you can."

"And if I refuse?" I say protectively, though I already know the answer.

"You can figure that out yourself," he smacked my cheek a few times before walking toward the door. "Open auditions for the Warblers are tomorrow after school. Why not make it an inside job?" he finally walked out, leaving me to my own thoughts.

How did I get myself into this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you know who the Devil-boy is? I bet you can guess pretty easy!