Status: Incomplete-Work in Progress....

Kiss The Bride

Chapter 1

It was a warm August night, a small girl with the most beautiful honey blonde curls you‘ve ever seen sat and listened to her mother read ‘Goodnight moon’ before she went to sleep. As the mother closed the book, emphasizing the last two words, “The, End.” the child looked to her mother and hugged her. “I love you Mommy.” She said tiredly
“I love you too, Elli” The mother said smiling.
“Mommy?”
“Yes Elli?” the small child’s mother replied.
“What happens when we die?”
Slightly taken aback by the question, she paused for a moment to think.
“Mommy, what happens?” Elliana asked again, .
“Well baby, I don’t know”
“Why not? Mom‘s are supposed to know this stuff.”
“Well, baby, I’ve never been dead, and I hopefully won’t be for a very, very long time.”
“Oh, okay. I love you Mommy, night’ night!”
“Goodnight Elli, I love you”. She said leaning down to kiss her daughter’s forehead, and tuck her into bed, wondering what could have possibly prompted her little angel to ask such an odd question.

Years later…

There she was, standing there in the doorway. She stood about 5”2, she had the most beautiful auburn curls he had ever seen.
She looked so delicate, so beautiful, so… grown up.
It had been so long since he had last seen her.
He remembered her having sweet honey blonde curls, that was the last time he saw her. That was also a very long time ago…

“So sweetheart what do you want for your birthday?” Elliana’s father, Stephan, asked..
“I want, a pony, and a princess crown, and a magic wand that really works, and a new dolly.” She said childishly. Her father laughed.
“Oh come on, stop fooling around, this is your sixteenth birthday! There has got to be one thing you want, more than the whole world!”
She raised her hand to her jaw and tilted her head pretending to be deep in thought.
“I don’t really know what I want. But I was serious about that princess crown!”
When she put her arm down her father noticed a very painful looking half-healed laceration running up her arm. Stephen grabbed her wrist and examined it. “What is this?” He asked sternly.
“Oh that. I… I… it’s nothing really, I was… Climbing the tree in the yard at the home, and I fell off a limb and got caught on a branch. It ran up my arm as I fell.”
She hoped her father would believe her, but she knew in her gut she would be getting an earful about it.
“That cut is much too clean, and short to be a fucking tree branch! Have you been cutting yourself? What do I have to do, please baby, this has got to stop! How many times have you done this?!” He said, frantically.
“It’s just… I was having a really shitty day, and you know as well as I do, the anniversary of- her father cut her off, “We aren’t going to argue like this. Mom wouldn’t like it. Elli, please next time you think you need to do this, think of what your mother would say!”
“Sorry to disappoint you, but I wouldn’t know what “Mom would say”! If you recall when it happened, I WAS 6!”
She abruptly stood up, and ran to her room and slammed the door shut.

Ever since her mothers disappearance all those years ago, Stephen had trouble dealing with the agony of raising a child, holding down a job, dealing with his loss, keeping a roof over their heads and food on the table.
Eventually he got to the point where he had to ask his deceased wife’s sister and her husband to take Elli in for a few month while he got things straightened out, and his feet back on the ground.

That was the official story.

Want to know what really happened?

He spent two weeks wallowing in self pity and anguish.
So drunk he couldn’t even get up to walk to the fridge for another beer.
That was the first two weeks, the second two were spent contemplating suicide, and backing out when he realized what that would do to Elli as she grew up.
A dead mom was bad enough as it was, she didn’t need her father dead too.
However, in time she would begin to wish he was dead. That he did kill himself.
You see, in the passing months, which quickly grew into years, Stephen developed a nasty little habit.
Now, after all these years, having recently kicked his habit, he finally managed to regain custody of his daughter, a very angry, upset, and mentally fucked 15 year old.

Welcome to parenthood…