White Raven

She was scared.

It was easy to see, with her lip quivering, and she only ever closed her eyes that forcefully if she was afraid. Her forehead was slick, and her fingers twisted around his fabric, she was- anticipating something horrible... or had just realized something. Realized it a little too late, by the look of her.

"What's wrong?" He asked, stroking her cheek like he always did in these times. He hated doing it, more than imaginable. In fact, he hated pretending like she was an equal and he most certainly hated acting as if she were one. He did, though, and he bit back the bile it created in his throat.

She, hesitant as always, forced her own tongue to speak words they both knew quite well. "I hate you." She whispered softly as he dismissed her mood and her words and simple applied his weight to her again, gently. This wasn't news, everything hated him, and the feeling was most certainly was and would always be mutual.

"So what? You've always hated me, what's different now?" He mused, biting her soft velvet neck as she complied, leaning back to give him better access. He didn't care, he would never care. There was no hint of guilt or sympathy, and she very well knew that about him. Everything that had occurred that plagued her mind with sickening flashbacks or the struggles of a nightmare- that was all her fault.

Though, whatever human vein that still lingered in his body, it struggled to take it's gazes away from surrendering tears that rolled down her cheek.

Damn, he really hated humans...