White Raven

We Have a Letter

"Letter."

Yup. It was a letter, thrown right into his face, causing him to jolt from sleep. He forced his eyes open to slits, pushing the thing our of his face and then tried his best to glare at her, but it wasn't working, he just didn't care enough to even try and seem terrifying. And oh, how he could be terrifying. She was doing an excellent job at it, though. The way her brows practically touched her iris, and the way she bared her teeth so threateningly. Any other person would drop like a fly, he would applaud if he could find his strength, maybe later...

Rotikele turned over and buried his head further into the pillows which only annoyed her further. He secretly smiled into the cloth as he heard her grumble.

"HEY!" She screamed, grabbing the sheets off of his body and throwing them across the room before he could even protest. He gasped at how the room seemed so cold, no doubt another little tricks she held to get under his skin. She was fuming, he could feel the heat radiate off of her as she growled a warning to him.

And of course he didn't respond.

"HEY! ASSHOLE! Hello!" She screamed, her hands placed menacingly on her hips as she tapped her foot, eying him with utter disgust and impatience.

"Why hello!" He suddenly rose up, pillow falling off of his head to reveal his haphazard short black hair, and he smiled at her widely, doing his best impression of innocence, which was surprisingly good. It caught her off guard for the most part, but after she swallowed down her bewilderment, she put that hating scowl right back on and watched him. His smile grew wider as he played his little game. "I hear you yelling, and I must remark on how rude it is, and not to mention completely un lady-like, to enter a man's- a half naked man's, as it were- room, to throw trash at said sleeping man's face while screaming like the possessed and waking him up! Not to mention our poor neighbors who have now had their own mornings ruined. Now, Miss, if you would kindly GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM AND LET ME SLEEP," He yelled, dropping his smile from the previous rouse to display his own fangs that had had centuries more practice at being menacing, and soon after placed it right back on again, continuing on with his level-headed response. "- that would be most appreciated, thank you." And with that he sank right back down into his pillows and waited for the bomb he had just skilfully set explode.

He had to peek.... just had to. They hadn't had a good fight in weeks.

He smiled at his preferred result. And in his mind somewhere right before she started screaming all over again, he whispered with a smug tone the most perfectly timed Boom...
"WHO IN HELL'S NAME DO YOU GET OFF TELLING ME WHAT TO DO? We have a JOB, you good for nothing, self-centered jackass! And I don't know if you have exactly noticed, but I am NOT lady-like! Nor will I ever be! NOW GET UP! And if you won't listen to me, I'LL get SOMEONE YOU WILL LISTEN TO!"

"You're bluffing." She was, she knew that he knew it. "Honestly, if you are going to fight with empty threats, this is just a waste of time for the both of us. How about you run along, like a good little human, clean a little, cook even, like your good old days, hm?" He smiled devilishly as that beautiful embarrassment flooded through her cheeks, her memories, everything escaping those perfect little cages in her mind she had put them in to forget, but, somehow, Rotikele always had the key to open them. Her eyes grew distant as they all came flooding back to her, and that one beautiful little scar of a memory of how exactly she was saved, and by who, that had to sting, even if only a little. This pleasant surge of victory for him, however, didn't last more than a few seconds. All of that wonderful color to her face, damned and swept away by her scowl- again. Everything was back in check again, all of those cages closed- tight, but that didn't stop him smiling, Rotikele being well aware that he was adding fuel to this oh-so precious and delicious fire. She would suffer, he would ravage in it.

"You make me do that and you are dead. You make me do it anything, you bastard, and I'll kill you." She answered with a lowered intensity this time, but the anger was there. Damn... Rotikele gave her an even more twisted smile. Just, damn.

"Empty threats!" He sang out, eying her from above the cloth like a snake watching a meal creep closer. A couple more steps and he could pounce, he wish he could go as far as draining her life like a real prey, but damn the value of her living against her dead. She was too important, for a human, anyway. She didn't say anything, and he wondered if he finally gotten her in check in this little game of chess. He sat up slowly, watching her comebacks falter and her anger smoldered in her eyes. One more push... What an amazing thought. One more push and then she's had it, he would win. And, oh. Did he have the perfect finishing punch. He casually leaned back and gave her his most of-the-matter, predator look as he grinned. "And besides, it's your place to be on the bottom, to live you life solely for those who are far more important than you. That is all your life will ever mean, being a servant. Being obedient and realizing that you are nothing but expendable trash."

She hesitated, but only a little, he had to actually dodged the lamp before it hit him this time. He heard her scream the second the porcelain and glass hit the wall and shattered. He hadn't even seen her go for it, but maybe it was just due to the lack of sleep. What was it with projectiles that always put him in a bad mood? He wasn't sure, maybe the total lack of control. the stupidity of just letting an emotion take over, grabbing the nearest thing to you, and just letting go with all of your force, but it had silently, immediately, drained his amusement in the matter. The smile vanished and he sunk down into the bed once more. "No skill whatsoever. How pathetic."

She screamed again, this time trying to take away his pillows, but he held onto those more fiercely. She wasn't going to win against him, and this really wasn't even a fight to win. It was just an anger induced tug-of-war, a stupid, senseless struggle. She wasn't stronger, but she wasn't an idiot, and as her rage simmered down to manageable, she found her move, her strategy, and she went for it.

She finally released the pillow she had been pulling on, stood up straight and composed herself. Quickly she grabbed the discarded letter on the floor in her hand and shoved it back into his face, fangs baring.

Rotikele casually looked at it, taking no interest, and returned her fiery glare with a monotonic gaze.

"Get. Up. Now. Last chance" She warned, eye twitching under the stress.

"Ah- no. I'm tired. Go away."

She smiled and something of a chill went up Rotikele's spine.

"Fine, then." She answered sweetly, gliding away from the bed and through the door. Curiosity filled him and he moved to watch her leave, dance right through the living room and into the kitchen where.... the................ phone was.

"What are you doing?" He suddenly asked, panic swelling. She didn't know anyone in this city, she didn't care about anyone here. There was only one number she knew anyway, besides his- so.... What was she planning to do? "NANAIIDE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He heard her chuckle as his fear was confirmed, hearing the faint click of the phone being lifted from the receiver. Seconds later she was dialing.

He shot up from the bed, mattress and pillows flying, and high-tailed it to see if maybe his ears were playing tricks on him.

Nope.

He met her devilish I-have-you-now-you-asshole smile, her hand gracefully holding the phone to her short, dark-brown hair, those fiery dark blue, violet tinted eyes smiling wide.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING?" He screamed, begging that it wouldn't be who he thought. FOR HELL'S SAKE LET IT NOT BE WHO HE THOUGHT IT WAS! She laughed more at his tone, smile growing into that of a vicious monster. This time, he panicked. "HE WILL PUNISH YOU AS WELL! Just think about it, PUT THE DAMN PHONE DOWN!" She didn't move from her spot, amused that he figured out exactly who she was calling.

And right in time for him to hear her speak his name.

"Hello, Harotii?" And that was all she could manage to say before Rotikele swiped it from her hands and brought it to his own mouth, full panic mode.

"Harotii! Pal! Did I ever tell you how nice your hair looks? Really killer sir, I must say. All the other men are quite jealous, really, I mean that! And I would also like to point out how just amazing you are at your job. Our mail is NEVER late sir, really appreciate it, speaking of mail, we have gotten our letter for the day, kudos again on the hard work, and Nanaiide here just wanted to thank you for another wonderful opportunity to serve our wonderful establishment!" He didn't pause through that whole thing, all of it running together as one sentence as he didn't dare give the person on the other line a second to speak. Nanaiide smiled, waiting for Rotikele to put down the receiver and stop being a fool. Somewhere she had pulled out a coffee mug and now was leaning on the counter, sipping away at it as she watched him squirm. Rotikele shot her a dirty look, smiling a twisted, unpleasant smile, and continued on. "And not that I am doubting your fabulous taste in assistants, sir, because really, you are truly magnificent, but next time, if you wouldn't mind, send me someone who is less of a bitch. Thank you sir, but now I must be off for we HAVE VERY IMPORTANT WORK TO DO, GOODBYE, SIR!"

He finished just when he started to hear the growl on the other end. He slammed the phone back onto the receiver, and turned his full-force evil glare to Nanaiide, who smiled, like always. "Oh! Rotikele! You're awake, what good timing." She told him sarcastically and reached around her, slid the letter into her hand and then threw it back into Rotikele's face. "We have a letter."

He grumbled but this time he took it, grasping an edge of it with his teeth and ripped it open.

"Nice hair, really?" She broke into laughter at seeing him like this, sucking up and remembering that he isn't the biggest, baddest terror in the realm.

"OH SHUT UP!" His only response, how sad. She was dieing on the inside, wondering if she would tell him that she had dialed a random number and not actually Harotii's. She decided that she wouldn't and let him panic for a while.

And silently inside her, with a smug, victorious mood, she whispered; Checkmate...
♠ ♠ ♠
Nanaiide (Na-na-E-day)
Harotii (Hair-O-tea)