Sequel: Warmness On The Soul.
Status: finished

Big Bad Handsome Man

Epilogue

“Local talent scout Karen Moore’s funeral was last Sunday. Her only biological daughter is missing, and is presumed to be kidnapped by the men who had taken her step-daughter Kara. Mass amounts of family, friends and clients attended her funeral. It is truly a great loss for the music industry.”

I resisted the urge to scoff at the news reporter on TV. Hardly anyone showed up to Karen’s funeral, because she was mostly, a huge bitch to everyone who knew her. I had expected to feel a bit of sadness when she was being buried, but instead I felt comforted. I guess I was happy that she got what was coming to her after murdering my Father basically.

“Kara Moore?”

I looked up, finding a middle aged nurse in pink scrubs smiling at me. Managing a small grin I stood up and walked over to her. She grinned a bit wider before turning and leading me down the hallway. I felt a sudden rush of nervousness as I looked at the photos on the walls. I couldn’t believe I was here, but I needed a definite answer from a doctor for sure. I needed it.

“Take this cup, and pee up to the line right there.” She smiled at me, handing a plastic cup over. “Than just bring it to me.”

I nodded, walking into the brightly lit bathroom. I nervously did what she asked, my thoughts racing with every second. I didn’t know why I was here, it was probably nothing honestly. Just imagining what Matt would’ve done if I asked made me snicker slightly.

I missed him, I missed the guys, I missed Val.

I hadn’t heard from them. But the cops never mentioned catching them, so I assumed they had to have gotten out of town in time. I wanted to know they were okay, but I knew it would risk the cops finding out where they were. Hopefully they would get to come home, and soon.

I washed my hands after everything, walking out of the room holding the now slightly full cup. I hated peeing in cups; it always grossed me out for some reason. The nurse seemed too happy as she took the cup from me, pointing me to the doctor’s room and telling me she’d be in shortly.

I also hated waiting, especially when it came to something like this.

The walls were lined with pictures similar to the ones in the hallway and waiting room. Making my heartbeat speed up ten times faster, this was going to make me have a panic attack. I started to pace, trying to think of anything to comfort me. However my thoughts kept straying back to Matt, only making me ten times nervous.

When the door opened I stopped pacing, staring at the doctor with wide eyes.

“Ms. Moore, I’m Dr. Olsen.” The short haired blonde woman smiled at me. “Sorry for the wait, I had another one of my girls in the room over. Go ahead and take a seat, you look nervous.” She commented.

I smiled weakly, sitting on the examination table. “I am…”

“Well would you like to ask any questions or would you rather me just dive straight in?”

“Straight in please.”

She smiled, flipping open the tan folder. “Well, Kara, I am pleased to tell you, you are indeed pregnant./
♠ ♠ ♠
sequel will be started later on today :)