Status: comments? (:

Runaway.

001.

Any other woman in the world would be happy to see what I was looking down at, a pink plus sign, meaning I was indeed pregnant. I had been feeling a little queasy lately and not having protected sex made me wonder if I possibly was. I wasn't thrilled about this idea for many reasons. I liked kids, but I didn't love them. On top of that my boyfriend, the father of my baby, was Danny Worsnop, the lead singer of Asking Alexandria. Everyone knows that if you get knocked up by a member of a band, he'll never stick around. I sure couldn't tell Danny, or the boys. They'd tell Danny and I just didn't want him to know. I don't think I'm gonna tell him until I start to show, it might be for the best. There was suddenly a knock on the bathroom door that brought me back to reality.

"Odette?" It was Danny, fanfuckingtastic.

"Yeah?" Oh shit, I have to hide this. I can't depose of the pregnancy test on the bus, everyone will find it.

"You've been in there for a while."

"Umm, I haven't been feeling the best lately." He sighed, making me wonder what could possibly be wrong.

"Alright, well, I need to talk to you." Oh my god, he already knows that I'm pregnant. Wait, how could he? I wasn't showing signs, was I? I looked in the mirror, I did look a little fatter.. No, that wasn't possible. I put the test back in the box and then placed it back inside of my hoodie. I walked out of the bathroom to see everyone sitting on the couch watching some random movie on TV.

"I'm gonna go for a quick walk, I need some fresh air." They all nodded, Danny seemed a bit upset, or maybe it's because he hasn't been able to drink lately. He recently got kicked out of a venue because he was too drunk to sing. So now, every night or night before they had a concert, he had to be clean. I waved bye to all of them and walked off the bus, looking for a trash can. When I finally found one, it was out of sight of the bus. But the boys from I See Stars were all gathered beside it.

"ODETTE!" Andrew ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug I've ever gotten.

"Hey, Andy." Everyone else turned around and walked towards me too. Devin gave me a hug as well, but his embrace wasn't as painful.

"What are you doing out here? And where are your boys?" Jimmy seemed jealous, he wanted to be with me as bad as I wanted to be with him, but he understood that I was with Danny. Danny had been my best friend all through high school, he was actually the first friend I made when I moved to Dearborn Michigan.

"They're on the bus and I just...dropped by to say hi." They all knew I was lying, I'm the worst liar in the world.

"Tell us why you're really here."

"I just needed to throw something away, that's all." I dropped the box in the garbage and ran back to the bus. When I opened the door Danny looked surprised.

"You're back so soon?" I nodded. "You're sweating, are you okay?"

"Yeah." I tried to not sound out of breath. "I'm fine."

"Maybe you should go lay down babe, I'll go with you." That sounded nice, I loved cuddling with Danny, he was just the cutest boy. He got up and we walked back to his bunk, the bottom one. I laid down, but Danny just sat on the floor next to me.

"Ode, we need to talk." Oh shit, please don't mention anything about me being pregnant, please.

"About what?"

"I-I.." He was just going to tell me he loved me, but I already knew he did. It was obvious, he was terrible at hiding his feelings.

"What is it?" I wasn't afraid anymore, I was actually excited.

"I want you to leave." All of my happiness was drowned by the sudden sadness. I can't see through the tears in my eyes.

"Danny..why?"

"Because, I think maybe that would be best." Was he kidding me? How could I be so wrong? I got up and rushed to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I slid down it and cried my eyes out. I can't breathe. Why was this happening? I just figured out I'm pregnant with his child and he wants me to.. leave? I should just go lay under the bus or something, anything but this. It wasn't supposed to be like this, it was supposed to be happy. I feel I failed. Where was I supposed to go? Back to our apartment. There's no you and me, so I don't know if that's an option. I pulled myself together and went back out there.

"Danny, are you sure about this?" He looked at me, tears in his eyes too.

"It might be for the best." I couldn't believe this, my brain just wouldn't accept it.

"Why? Why now? After all those years, you were my best friend, my first friend when I moved here. We have so many things in common that we're basically the same person, we've lived together since junior year and..I..I l-love you, Danny. I've loved you all along and there's something else.."

"What's the something else?" Should I tell him? If I did maybe I could stay, but, he might get even more mad.

"Nevermind, I can't tell you, it's just not worth it." I walked to the bathroom and grabbed all of my things, putting it all in my suitcase. Danny grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him.

"Ode, if there's something you need to tell me, then tell me, please." I shook my head. "Well, Ben's going to take you to the airport when you're ready." He scratched the back of his head and I nodded, tears falling and my chest tightening from heartbreak.

When I had everything packed, I said bye to all the boys. They were all as sad as I was, Danny didn't say bye, he was somewhere else doing something else. You could hear things being thrown and broken towards the back of the bus. Ben put his arm around me and walked me to his rental car. I put my suitcase on the backseat and got in the passenger side.

"Odette, I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't just break my heart." My eyes could no longer cry, but my heart was. Inside it was screaming louder than any amp in the world could. I wanted to do the same, but I held it back. Ben would think I was insane if I did give in.

"I know, but, he does love you." I laughed, he didn't. If he did, I wouldn't be going to the airport, would I?

"That's why he broke up with me, didn't tell me he loved me when I told him and he didn't even say bye."

"He's been a mess lately, he's trying to stay clean, trying to get his life together."

"I know, but there's something he doesn't know."

"Which is?"

"..I'm pregnant." Ben stepped on the brakes, causing the car behind him to honk their horn. Ben's eyes were wide as he looked at me.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm pregnant, with Danny's baby."

"We have to go back, we have to tell him." I shook my head and grabbed his arm.

"No, we can't."

"Why?"

"He doesn't want me, nor will he want this thing inside of me."

"Ode, he does want you, he just wants sometime to think about everything. He just wants to think it all through so then he doesn't do the wrong thing. If you had kids, we'd probably need a bigger bus. And..I don't know. He just doesn't want to end up dragging you down a path where you can't live a normal life."

"But I want to be with him, I've been with him since high school, I don't know what to do without him." He nodded.

"Listen, I'll talk to him about it all and I'll keep you updated."

"He's just going to be with some other girl tonight or tomorrow."

"No, he won't."

"How do you know that?"

"He's been my best friend since high school, I know him and I won't let him do that to you."

"I know him too, just, I don't know."

"Well, he's changed." I nodded as we pulled up to the airport, wishing the car ride would have been just a little longer.

Before I got on the plane, Ben hugged me for about twenty minutes, letting me just cry into his shoulder. I was going to miss him, but not as much as I was going to miss Danny.

"Promise me you'll kept me informed about everything?"

"I promise."

"I love you Ben."

"I love you too, Odette." He hugged me one last time, then I boarded my flight back to Dearborn Michigan.

I've been back home for about two months and Ben hadn't talked to me much except for the usual text. He hadn't said anything about Danny other than the fact that he's doing better. I'm sick of waiting around, I can't live like this forever. I need to clear my head of everything. During high school, Danny and I had this secret spot we'd always go too. Not many people knew about it, a few, but they never went. It was through the woods, it was a hill overlooking a small stream that flowed into Lake Michigan. I thought maybe it'd be nice to go there to clear my head, somewhere nice and quiet. When I pulled up and got out of my car, I could smell the familiar smell of the forest and hear the river somewhere behind it. This brought back so many memories, like the time Danny got kicked out of his house and he couldn't stay at mine so we both spent the night under the stars in the bed of his truck, those were the days. Or the time when I was dating some senior and he broke up with me, saying we only dated as a bet. Danny told me he was going to drown him in the river while we slept under the stars again. The time I remember the most was the night that Danny asked me to runaway with him.

"Odette, will you runaway with me?" I laughed at this crazy thought.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna get out of here, leave everything behind and just be with you." I smiled as he held me in his arms, another night under the stars.

"That would be..perfect. But we can't just leave everyone. I promise I will after high school though." I wanted nothing more than to just leave right then and there. Leaving everything behind, starting over.

"Besides, we need to escape from the world that's kept us apart." Our parents. They didn't want us together, but I guess they forgot what it was like to be young and I thought in-love.

I wish I would've ran away now. All of that brought a smile to my face, but that soon faded away. Now there's no smile on my face, there's only the salty taste of tears. I missed Danny more than anything and he hasn't called me, at all. I never expected to be here, alone. I looked out at the river, sun setting and flowers growing all around me.

"Mind if I join you?" I turned around to see Danny standing there. I ran over to him and jumped in his arms.

"Danny!" When he put me down I backed away, remembering what had happened. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"I've just been thinking about everything lately and I thought you deserved an apology. You weren't at home so I was hoping you'd be here." An apology? That's it? Why would you come all the way here just to say sorry? "I'm sorry Odette, you didn't deserve that and.." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"And?"

"Umm, this might be weird but.." He looked deep into my blue eyes, gently brushing my blonde hair out of my face. "Do you really love me?" I looked at him crazy.

"Yeah, I told you that. Why wouldn't I love you? I mean we've been friends for like ever and we've been dating for years. I love you, Danny. I really do, you don't have to worry about that." He smiled and pulled out a small velvet box, opening to reveal this ring.

"Well, I was meant to make you smile, I was meant to make you shine, so, will you marry me, Odette Rae Alexander?"

"Are you sure this is what you want?" He nodded.

"I need to be with the girl I love forever and also the mother of my child." My eyes almost popped out of my head.

"How did you find out?" He sighed.

"Ben and Devin, plus you're showing." I looked down at my stomach that was starting to bulge.

"Those fuckers will pay."

"Will you just answer the damn question!" He stood up, knees sore from being on them for so long. I giggled at the thought of him on his knees like a little bitch.

"Yes."

"Yes, you'll answer me or yes, you'll marry me?"

"Just put the damn ring on my finger!" He laughed and as soon as the ring was on my finger, his lips crashed into mine. Sparks flew like the fourth of July and it was perfect. He pulled away and held me in his arms. "I missed you, Danny."

"I missed you too, baby girl. I just wish you would've told me."

"You didn't want me to be there, so I thought I'd just not say anything."

"Well..still. Are you ready to go?"

"Where?"

"It's a surprise and you kinda have to." He pulled away and looked down, kicking the dirt with his brand new black converse.

"Umm, why?"

"Ben came with me and he took your car back to the apartment." I sighed.

"You're such a loser Danny." He smiled and grabbed my hand.

"But I'm your loser, so it doesn't matter."

"I guess I have to consider you my loser."

"I just fucking proposed to you! Don't give me that shit! You said yes!" I laughed and ran towards his car. Once we got in, I turned to face him.

"So Mr. Worsnop, where might we be going?"

"Well, Mrs. soon to be Worsnop, if you must know.."

"Yes, I must."

"You said you'd runaway with me."