Computer Hearts

M O R G A N

He had never thought he would have a moment of his life that could compete with how low he had felt when they had arrested him in front of his family and accused him of murder.

This wasn't as bad, but it was damn close.

Watching Garcia walk away with the other tech, a slightly bemused smile dancing across those bright lips, all he could think was that it should have been him she was smiling at. It should have been him who was escorting her out. He had meant it when he said he loved her.

She didn't realize that though...did she?

He thought that maybe he could get lucky and she would understand, but apparently she had just brushed it off. She just saw him as a friend. But he wanted to be more than just that. A hand clapped on his shoulder and he looked back at Spencer smiling at him.

"Do you want to go out for a drink with the rest of us?"

A distraction. He could use one. But at the same time, it would be nice to just be alone. "Yeah, I could use some time out," He agreed slapping Reid's shoulder and chuckling as the younger man was jolted. It was good for him. Reid had never had a childhood. Derek saw it as his duty to give him as much of one as he could these days.

Besides, he didn't want to think about that smile on that should have been directed at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
And this is first chapter is dedicated to pharmakon and this picture!