Status: You dirty ***.

Lust at First Sight

Deux

The sun was just starting to rise and warm up the city outside but inside Jayne’s apartment it was entirely bright. Her lights had been on for a while and she was busying herself by bustling from room to room, getting ready to leave. Jayne always rose early; she had to be at the news station by 4:45 for the morning news that started at 5:30 every morning.

Glancing at her decorative wrist watch, she saw she had about fifteen minutes before she had to leave. “Shit, shit, shit,” she muttered to herself as she dug around through her drawers to find the white shirt that went with the pants she was wearing that day. Her closet was torn to pieces and she still couldn’t find the shirt, so she went over to the dirty hamper and sifted around to see if it was in there.

“You really know how to treat a guest in the morning,” a groggy voice sounded from behind her. “Bright lights and loud noises.” Jayne sighed; she really didn’t have time to deal with him this morning. When she turned around, Alex was lying snuggled beneath her giant comforter, his body wrapped tight within her blankets. He had no shirt and his hair was sticking out all over the place, a reminder of last night.

“I have to go to work,” Jayne said firmly as she walked over to her dresser, securing one of her earrings in her earlobe. “So you need to leave.”

Alex ignored her request and continued talking. “Although, I will say waking up to a hot blonde walking around in her bra with her thong sticking out of her pants isn’t too shabby.” Jayne was in the middle putting in her second earring and turned to glare at Alex who was now perched up on a stack of pillows with his arms leisurely behind his head, his brown eyes following her every move.

After pulling up her pants, Jayne rushed into the bathroom to find a different clip for her hair because the one she had in wasn’t working; blonde strands kept falling into her face as she dashed around looking for clothes. When she came out, she had her hair pulled back in a pony tail and her signature cherry colored lip gloss applied to her plump lips.

“When I said ‘you need to leave’ I meant you need to leave,” she said, standing over Alex with her hands on her hips. He stared back up at her with that same stupid smirk on his face, unfazed again by Jayne’s rudeness.

“Well you know I need a favor now.”

“And why is that?” Jayne asked bored as she dug through her drawer to find a different shirt to wear. She pulled out a dull grey-blue tank with ruffles around the v-neck dip in the front. Now that she had gotten a different shirt, she needed to change her bottoms. Jayne rushed into the closet to find her dark grey skirt that went with the shirt.

“You owe it to me,” Alex said dumbly, shifting on the bed to lie on his stomach and throw his arms out wildly on the big, plush bed. The covers had shifted down as he did so when Jayne came out of the closet with her skirt in hand she was graced with an inch of Alex’s toosh poking out.

Jayne cringed and rolled her eyes. “I don’t owe you anything.”

“Actually, you do.”

“And how is that?” she asked, slipping out of her pants and throwing them aside as she jumped into her skirt.

“I had sex with you.”

Jayne was in the middle of zipping up the side but stopped and looked at him dumbly. “I’m pretty sure that was a favor to you.”

“Ah good one, love,” Alex smiled amused. He crawled under the covers, apparently not being able to sit still, and wiggled until he was laying the wrong way on the bed with his head poking out the bottom of the sheets. “I saw you shift your eyes peculiarly to the corner of the coffee shop yesterday. In fact, you did it about every minute. Though, I could tell you were trying to hold back the urge. You were pretty good at ignoring the stares though; I’ll give you that much.” Alex continued to ramble and Jayne looked at him with her jaw dropped. “I mean, why else would you so quickly change your attitude towards me once you saw the opportunity to get back at the douchebag sitting in the corner?” Jayne stayed silent for once, completely shocked that Alex had noticed such an insignificant detail. “One minute you’re a bitch to me, see that I want to hook up with you, and then you see an opportunity to rub it in your exes face by sleeping with me. Good plan really.

“Or I am I completely off here?” Alex asked cockily smirking at Jayne. Jayne didn’t say anything but gave Alex a disapproving look and finished putting on her skirt in silence. She then picked up the shirt and slipped it over her head.

“He wasn’t my ex,” Jayne said after a minute or two, finding the need to defend herself.

“So, just a guy that screwed you over?” Alex asked interestedly as he resting his chin on his folded hands.

“Something like that...”

“So, the favor—”

“I have to go to work,” Jayne interrupted, after she had slipped on her heels and grabbed her purse.

“You owe me a favor, Jayne.”

Jayne stood in the doorway of her bedroom with an intimidating look on her face. “Please be gone when I get back.” She started strutting away, but reappeared in the doorway with an even sterner face. “And when I say please be gone, I mean get the fuck out.”

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The evening news had finished and the stations had switched to playing regular programming. Jayne had just finished cleaning up her station desk and was now headed back to her office to pack up things to go home after plenty of hours she had put in that day.

She smiled at some of the crew and her co-workers as she passed and made her way to the file bins in the corner of her office to file some of her papers. Delicate fingers ran over the tabs on each other folders until Jayne found the one labeled for that day’s date and once she opened it she stuck her stack of papers in it. She moved down to the next cabinet to file other things and a short girl with curly black hair slammed her side against one of the file cabinets, propped up her head on her elbow and stared amusingly at Jayne.

“Hello, Kelly,” Jayne said without turning her head, still focused on filing papers.

Kelly took a loud slurp out of her coffee mug and when she removed it from her lips she was still smiling. “Good job today.” Jayne nodded as an acknowledgement. “So were you ever planning on calling my brother back?”

Jayne smiled and pushed the pull out drawer shut, causing the cabinet to shudder when it slammed closed. “Nope.” The rest of Jayne’s papers were thrown down on Jayne’s desk before walking to the door to fetch her jacket.

Kelly offered some coffee to Jayne but she declined. “Well he keeps asking me about you. ‘Why hasn’t she called me back?’ ‘Have you talked to Jayne?’ ‘I’ve called her twice but no response.’ ‘Can you talk to her?’ Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!”

Jayne smirked as she stuck an arm through the hole in the jacket, thinking about Kevin, Kelly’s brother. Kelly was a fellow writer at the station and begged Jayne to go on a date with Kevin, trying to get him on his feet after his fiancée broke things off with him and moved across the country for her high school sweetheart that had made it back from Iraq. It was the perfect movie plot actually, Jayne thought as she had sat in the restaurant with him. Kevin was nice, handsome, charming, and honestly potentially the perfect boyfriend, but Jayne couldn’t take it seriously.

“Well tell him, ‘thanks but no thanks.’”

Jayne buttoned a couple buttons down the front of the blazer and grabbed for her purse. Kelly sat on the edge of her desk as she asked, “Seriously?”

“I told you, Kelly. I don’t do that stuff. Not my cup of tea.”

“So…let me get this straight. You don’t like being taken out, you don’t like being pampered, and you don’t like being loved?”

Jayne replied to one last e-mail on her computer and then shut down the screen as she spoke. “Look, it’s nothing against your brother. He was super cool.”

Kelly studied Jayne for a bit. She wasn’t offended that Jayne didn’t want anything else with Kevin; she knew that Jayne either didn’t have time for the relationship or just didn’t want to put in the time. When it came to Jayne’s wellbeing, she was selfish. The two girls may not have known each other that long, with Jayne only having been there a little under two months, but they knew what was up. Kelly continued to stare at Jayne suspiciously.

“Did you…” Kelly looked at Jayne’s hair; she only wore it up when it was ‘the morning after.’ “Did you hook up last night?!?!”

“Shh! Goddamn it, Kelly, yell it to the whole station why don’t you?”

“You did!”

“Kelly! Shh!”

“Who, girl?!”

Jayne laughed at her friend and rolled her eyes back to the computer screen and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Whatever. You so do.” Kelly took another slurp of coffee and stood up, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, driving Jayne crazy. “Damn, you’re a goddess.”

“No actually. I’m pretty fucked up.”

Kelly laughed and they both started for the door. “No pun intended?” Kelly joked. Jayne shooed Kelly away and the black haired girl walked back to her office to finish up work. Laughing, Jayne met up with another coworker to walk home.

“It’s such a gorgeous night!” a tall, lanky girl exclaimed beside Jayne. Together they were sauntering down the streets of Baltimore after another too long of day at work. Jayne walked the route every day to go home, but her friend Yolanda only did sometimes. Her boyfriend lived a few blocks down from Jayne’s flat so the two girls, who met through Kelly, strolled a couple days out of the week together.

Yolanda worked with Kelly as a journalist at the channel 5 news station and had been for the past five years. She stood over six feet tall without heels and rarely felt the need to flaunt it. She and Jayne were complete opposites, but she enjoyed Yolanda’s company nonetheless.

“Hanging out with Mark tonight?” Jayne asked, starting the conversation.

“Yeah,” she sighed smiling. “What about you, Jayne. You must have a hunk to hook up with tonight.”

Jayne laughed, a little too forced as she thought about Alex and how he could still be in her apartment. He sometimes was such an asshole that she wouldn’t have been surprised if he was still there. “Nah. I’m just going to bed early tonight; getting some sleep.”

“Let’s scope one out for you then!” Yolanda exclaimed as they waited for the walk sign to cross the street. “Oh look at him, Jayne. He’s hot.” She pointed to a tall, lean man with blonde hair. He looked striking in his slacks but walked like he had a stick shoved too far up his ass. “I bet he’s rogue.”

Jayne gave a disapproving look. “Yeah, I bet he has a small dick.”

The two girls continued to stroll home with the sun setting behind them. Yolanda continued to point out boys, like they did every time they walked home together, and Jayne continued to not approach any of them. They were either too short, wore bad pants or too fruity. They finally stopped at the doorstep of Jayne’s apartment complex and Yolanda pointed to a man running down the steps and rushing past them.

“Oh! How about him?”

Jayne gave him a once over. “No. He needs to shave.” She cringed when she saw his beard blowing in the wind.

“How about—”

“Goodnight, Yolanda,” Jayne cut her off before climbing the steps to the door. She vowed to never go out with a guy Yolanda set her up with. “See you tomorrow!”

Too tired to use the stairs, Jayne rode the elevator up to the fifth floor and walked down the hallway, eyes set on the door and eager to put on her pajamas to crawl into bed. When she finally got the door unlocked, surprised Alex actually locked it, took her shoes and jacket off and put her things away, it was completely dark outside.

Jayne could feel that her hair was falling out, that her was shirt stretched and that her make-up was faded. Any trace of Alex being in her flat was gone and her house looked just like she had left it. Her heels that she had kicked off the night before still lied randomly on the carpet next to her jacket that had been torn off, but other than that there was no sign that Alex had even been there.

After throwing on a pair of sweats and scrubbing the make-up off of her face, Jayne wondered out to the kitchen to find a snack before she went to bed. When she flicked on the lights, she noticed a white sheet of paper hanging on her fridge. Jayne walked over to it and ripped it out from the magnet and read it over, growing more and more irritated the further down she read.

Hey crazy kitten,

I hope you don’t mind, but I finished off the milk and helped myself to the nicely wrapped casserole. Hope you weren’t saving it for anything. It was pretty good, though, I thought it was a little dry. Eh, just something to think about for next time.

I’m still holding you to the favor I never got to ask you so to insure you call me, I took something of yours and I am holding it hostage. I left my number on your nightstand. Call me!

Hugs and kisses,
Your best sex ever

Oh yeah, you might need to buy more peanut butter. xo


A scowl had etched itself onto Jayne’s face by the time she had finished the letter and her hands hand tightened with aggravation, crumpling the paper between her fingertips. She was not calling him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Alex, that sexy motherfucker.

Hey everyone! I decided to update and get this story rolling. I hope it was a good chapter and you liked it. The comments were sweet for the first chapter and better than I thought they would be! So for the people the commented:

The Shadowlands
bisbisqwert
erika_xtc
Felicia_Selina
Kelseylynnf


You guys rock!

Fun Fact: When you're crying and the first tear drops from the left eyes it's from pain. If the first tear drops from the right, it's happiness.

Have a great weekend, babies!
Emily