Status: You dirty ***.

Lust at First Sight

Huit

The city flashed against Jayne’s anxious eyes. The leather seat she was squirming in stuck to her sticky, sweaty thighs that hung out of her little black dress. The toe of Jayne’s shiny black stilettos twitched uncontrollably. It was taking every fiber of her being to not scream at the cab driver to go faster.
Her insides squirmed but she didn’t know why. Was she excited? Was she nervous? What would he say to her? Would he be disappointed? Happy? Right now he was probably confused by the phone call she had just made.
A tiny piece of paper burned a whole in Jayne’s clutch. The blonde continued to repeat the ten digit number that was scratched onto it, as well as the address that was muttered to her over the phone. 15734 Centerville Plaza…15734 Centerville Plaza…1573—“
“Miss?” Jayne’s eyes snapped to the driver in front of her. “I’m sorry Miss, but I can go no further. The road is closed.” The man motioned out the front window to the orange construction cones lining the cab’s path.
“Are you kidding?” Jayne asked impatiently as she tucked a blonde curl behind her ear. “You’re not “thru” traffic here, buddy. This is an emergency, go!”
“I’m sorry, miss, but I could lose my job. Centerville plaza is just up the street and to the right. If you take—”
Jayne already had her door open and a foot on the pavement as she glanced around trying to keep her composure calm. She was barely listening to the kind man tell her directions. “Yeah, yeah,” she mumbled digging through her Prada clutch. “Keep the change.” Impatient, she slammed the door and took off down the street.
As she fumbled through her clutch again, Jayne’s eyes darted around through the dim night, the streetlights providing most of her light. Once she found her blackberry she dialed the phone number she had already memorized and listened to the ringing. Jayne’s slim figure carried on through the street, taking turns, hoping she was headed in the right direction.
“Hello?” an irritated voice grumbled after the last ring. Jayne’s stomach jumped.
“A-Alex?” She slowed for a minute. “Alex, Alex, where—”
“Why are you calling again? What do you want?”
Jayne started jogging as well as she could in her heels. “Alex, where are you,” she pressed desperately.
There was a sigh and then a pause before Alex spoke still irritable. “I’m outside of a wedding reception, Jayne. Why?”
“I-I…I need to see you,” Jayne breathed heavily as she trotted along the streets as fast as she could, torn between trying to get to her destination as fast as possible and not breaking a heel.
“It’s kind of too late now. You had your chance to be here.”
Jayne fumbled over her words, “I-I-I know, I just, I, please just stay there. Don’t move,” she pleaded as she rounded a turn. In front of her and across the street was one of the most beautiful buildings she had seen in Baltimore. The sculpture lined aged columns, golden light illuminated delicately built fountains and streamed out through the building’s lobby windows. It was all so elegant.
“What do you mean don’t move? Stay where?”
“Please, just stay outside, okay?” Jayne begged. Jayne never would have guess she would ever be imploring for Alex to stay.
The black shiny tips of Jayne’s heels hung over the side of the curb as she hit the end button on her phone and shoved it back in her bag. Across the street her frantic eyes scanned to hopefully see Alex. The numbers 15734 were elegantly carved into the side of the building, all that was left was the boy she was searching for.
Across the street from Jayne, Alex stood with his head down, looking at the flashing “00:57” time count on his screen after Jayne had hung up on him. Confused and not sure if he should listen to her, he ran his fingers through his styled brunette hair and lifted his head up. He wasn’t sure what he was going to expect if he continued to stand outside of the reception, but he couldn’t help but notice the little flutter of hope he had gotten after speaking with Jayne.
Looking around, still bemused, Alex scanned for some kind of clue as to what was going on. Across from him, a smiled broke across a blonde’s face as soon as he laid eyes on her. He watched her hips sway as she crossed the street, following the curves of her legs all the way up. Her dress didn’t leave much to the imagination.
“Jayne…” Alex exhaled when she approached him. He cupped her elbows and pulled her in close. Jayne smiled warmly, something she rarely did upon seeing Alex. Not only could he rock black skinny jeans, but he could stun someone in a suit as well. His silver button down was tucked loosely into his tight slacks and his skinny black tie was already loosened around his neck.
Looking into Alex’s brown eyes, she kissed his cheek, bringing her hands up to his neck delicately to straighten his tie. All Alex could do was stare at her dazed, absorbed in how sexy she looked. Jayne could feel his warm fingers pressed against her skin on her open backed dress and without thinking took a step inward. Alex loved feeling her in his arms. He couldn’t control or understand his emotions. He was surprised, stunned, distracted, confused, all he could do was capture her flawless cherry lips in his and hold her as tightly as he could.
“I-I…” Alex was at a loss, his breath gone from the kiss. “How did—”
Jayne smirked, grabbing a couple of Alex’s fingers and pulling him after her. “Let’s go in, shall we?” Of course, Alex nodded, mouth watering as he watched her walk from behind.
The night went wonderful. More wonderful than Alex could have imagined. Everyone was pleased to see Jayne with Alex, complimenting her, wanting to get to know her more.
Alex couldn’t keep his hands off of her, not only because she looked more beautiful than anyone in the room, but also because he could barely believe Jayne Lynden, the girl with the stuck up nose and cold shoulder, was with him. She was smiling with him, laughing with him. Acquaintances? Friends? A couple? He couldn’t be sure, but as Alex walked with Jayne’s body in his hands, he was sure there was a spark between them.
Alex loved it. He had a hand on Jayne’s hip and the other laced with her fingers to lead them across the dance floor, and he couldn’t but wonder if she loved this just as much as he was. Was this really just lust anymore?
They were not in the coffee shop as strangers. Jayne wasn’t looking down at Alex in disgust and Alex wasn’t trying to get a girl’s attention with obnoxious humor. They were equals; their eyes shimmered at each other on the dimmed dance floor, it was as if they brought out the best in each other in the moment.
Jayne spun gracefully back into Alex’s arms again, reconnecting their eye contact and knew it had to be more than just lust.
She thought back to the first day she met Alex while she was waiting for coffee. His tenacious humor had tried to break through Jayne’s shell from day one.
Jayne had been hurt. She didn’t just move to Baltimore for the job. She also moved because of a guy. She moved to start over.
That’s when she put her guard up. She didn’t just lose herself in her job because she loved it and was determined. It had become all she had. All she had was her job, her closet full of five inch heels and tight ass attitude.
Jayne may have resisted at first, reluctant to let Alex ruin everything she made for herself in Baltimore, but it something about the way he changed her perspective of what was important.
He showed her that she didn’t have to be forever haunted by the horrible memories she still carried with her from back home. It was the way he dug out her old cowboy boots and made a new Baltimore memory with them. Jayne’s ex-boyfriend had been in that coffee shop the day Alex and Jayne had met and went home together. It was just another way he showed her that her experience in Baltimore could rewrite her bad memories and she could spin her life in Baltimore anyway she wanted. Anything Alex and Jayne did together could replace the horrible memories that scared her away from any relationship. He showed her that Baltimore was a place she could be completely herself, not try to create someone she wasn’t to cover up her past.
Alex made her lose that control again. He made her lose everything she had worked for. The moment he came and rescued her from the heart crusher in the corner of the coffee shop, she had already started her transformation.
She realized that now. That’s why she went to the wedding for Alex. To be free again. Laughing and dancing, to Alex singing Akon, going to the family picnic, having a friend show up to her office to say hi, they all made her feel more human and less like a working robot.
Alex gripped the sides of Jayne’s waist to pull her closer to as the song ended. Everyone at the wedding turned to the band that was playing the reception and clapped in acknowledgement. Alex bent to kiss her jaw and then led her back to the table, where all of Alex’s family was sitting.
As they sat down, everyone she had seen at the family picnic smiled at the two of them. Alex’s mother struck up a conversation with Jayne, asking about her job, wanting updates on her life genuinely interested in her son’s girlfriend. It was just another way that Jayne felt special and more like a human again.
The wedding reception continued on. Jayne’s curls had deflated and her cherry lipgloss had faded. Alex’s hands had become touchier and touchier as the night drew on. Jayne had grown happier and happier.
As she said goodbye to all of Alex’s relatives, he noticed how genuine it was. Jayne was no longer putting on a façade from him, she seemed like she truly cared.
Alex cupped Jayne’s delicate fingers in his as they walked towards Alex’s car in a far off parking garage. Jayne was no longer his fake girlfriend that ripped her hand away from him as soon as other people were out of sight; each of them blissfully strolled together.
Just as quickly as Jayne made the decision to join Alex at the wedding, she was already back at her flat in the city. After Alex put the car in park and they both sat there silently and listened to the city traffic around them. Atop of the center console Alex had been running his thumb in circles over her knuckles but Jayne pulled her arm away and set them both hands in her lap gently, avoiding eye contact.
They sat in the car seats silently for a few moments before Jayne opened her door and hopped out. Her heels clicked against the sidewalk as she walked to the sidewalk and stepped up onto the curb. At the same time, Alex got out of the driver’s side, unsure what to do. He awkwardly stood beside his door for a couple seconds, suddenly became conscious of his arms and his hands. Not sure what to do with them he ran them through his hair, tried crossing them, used them to lean against the car. He ran them down his chest and finally settled with sticking his hands in his pant pockets.
Jayne was going to walk away, but she turned around to face Alex, figuring she should say something. “Um,” Jayne cleared her throat, “I had a nice night, Alex.”
“I did too,” he said quickly, all of a sudden nervous. He wasn’t sure why; he had probably said goodbye to Jayne more than he said hello.
“Thanks for inviting me.”
Alex nodded in agreement again and finally figured out how to work his feet. His dress shoes clicked across the pavement just as Jayne’s had as he stepped up on the curb to meet Jayne.
“Um, I’ll uh, I’ll walk you to your door,” Alex stumbled over words as he scratched the back of his neck. Jayne smiled and nodded, leading the way to the door. She was attracted to him for some reason. Some weird, grungy, cackle-y, obnoxious quality about Alex was just what Jayne wanted. She couldn’t continue to deny it. Some weird, sarcastic, flawless, down to earth quality about Jayne was just what Alex wanted. He couldn’t continue to try to make excuses to see her anymore to deny it.
Once they reached Jayne’s door, she turned around to say something, but before she could Alex took a step towards her. Grabbing her waist with one hand and with the other Alex cupped the back of Jayne’s neck and brought his lips to meet his.
Their lips moved together passionately, queuing instant feelings of fervent to shoot through both of their bodies. Alex pulled her up against him as they kissed and Jayne pressed her body flush to his as she wrapped her arms around his neck to be closer.
After a minute, Jayne pulled away breathlessly and Alex opened his eyes slowly to look at her. She looked into Alex’s eyes, fumbling around for the door handle. Alex looked at her, his face softening at the innocent glimmer she had in her eyes.
“I….I had a really good time tonight, Alex.”
“I did too” he replied sincerely. No sarcasm between the two of them, a knot in Alex’s stomach and the fluttering of Jayne’s eyelashes were showing the two’s true colors.
“Umm..do you…do you want to come in?” Jayne asked uneasily but Alex agreed without question. He planted a sweet kiss on Jayne’s lips but she backed up.

“What’s wrong?”

Jayne flushed a light pink. “I um.. I-I” Alex smiled at her muddling. “I uhh, I usually don’t need to know where relationships are going. I’m not that kind of girl.” Alex nodded in agreement, signaling for her to continue. “But this…this is a fake relationship. What’s well like, you know….what’s happening with it?”

Jayne’s eyes darted around, trying to avoid any kind of contact with Alex’s. Her legs wobbled a little from nerves. Alex looked at her until their eyes met. He swallowed a huge lump in his throat and decided to stop making up excuses and tell Jayne what he had been thinking about all night.

“Honestly Jayne? I want you. I want you and only you. I’m ready for to make this thing a thing.” Jayne smiled and their nerves began to fade. Alex took a deep breath and continued. “I begged and begged and begged to get that plus one for the wedding tonight even though you said you wouldn’t go.” He ran his hands up and down her waist slowly, thinking about if he should say what he was going to say. “I’m-I’m always hoping to run into you in the city. I watch every day on channel 5, I’m always thinking of schemes and ways to see you.” He looked into Jayne’s eyes softly. “And it’s…it’s really fucking weird that I am doing this. And I realized why tonight: I care for you. Sometimes I think I care a little too much, because I wonder if you care at all…”

Jayne’s heart was pounding uncontrollably. This was the first intimate conversation the two had ever shared and it was making Jayne’s head spin and stomach twist, in a good way. She let a soft smile creep to her face and she slid her arms to wrap around his neck so she could play with the back of his hair. “I care, Alex. A lot. It just took me a little longer than you to see how much I do care for you.”

A smile broke across Alex’s face as they pressed their lips together. Alex’s fingers ran along the tight black fabric on the back of Jayne’s dress as he tried to engulf her. When they broke apart Alex held Jayne’s hands in his. “So, should we consider this our first date?” he asked charmingly. Jayne nodded happily, her blonde curls bobbing up and down with her head. “Well then…I guess I should drop you off at your door then, huh?”

“Right,” Jayne nodded, smiling sweetly as Alex opened the door for her. She walked in and Alex’s eyes trailed the back of her from her head, down her leggy dress. When she turned back to say goodbye his eyes snapped up to hers.

“Goodbye, Jayne. Have a good night,” he said sweetly, leaning in to give her a soft kiss.

“Goodnight, Alex,” Jayne replied after the kiss and she closed the door with hundreds of butterflies happily dancing around in her stomach. Gracefully, she slipped off her stilettos and set down her keys and clutch on the end table. She was just about to walk into her room for bed when she heard a knock on her door.

Confused, she scrunched her eyebrows together and padded over to her door. Slowly the door opened and on the other side stood Alex. “Alex,” Jayne said confused, “what are you—”

“Oh fuck it.” Alex grabbed Jayne’s face and kissed her fiercely. He slammed the door shut behind him with his foot and grabbed at Jayne in want as they kissed. Finally Jayne recovered from the shock and kissed back just as aggressively. Her hands quickly wound in Alex’s hair as he touched everything from her chest to her waist, down to her hips and further. Hungrily Jayne pressed him into her as much as she could and Alex grabbed beneath her knees to lift her up. Jayne wrapped her legs around his waist as her back was banged into the wall.

She could feel Alex’s wet lips travel down her neck and back up again. “We’ll start the real thing tomorrow,” Alex said breathlessly. Jayne’s elated smile was soon wiped off her face as she pressed her mouth to his and lost herself in Alex’s lips.

La fin.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is kind of a bittersweet hello. Because I am also saying goodbye. I meant to post this a while back and it never posted so I was living life thinking everything was fine when it wasn’t. So I apologize about that.

Thank you to my wonderful, wonderful readers who still to this day comment and read. I appreciate! I’m actually very sad to say goodbye to Jayne and Alex. Even though this was only eight chapters, I was very fond of the two. Their chemistry (sexiness), personalities (asshole-ness) and pretty much the whole “lust” story. (See what I did there?)

Anyways, THANK YOU for being the best. It’s been a while. I’m excited to start finished up my other stories, so stay tuned.

Lust,
Emily