The Letters You've written

One

Chapter One

"Come on dad! Hurry up!" I waited impatiently at the doors of the local guitar shop. I had been promised for awhile now that I would get a new guitar.

"I'm on my way, calm down," he replied as he pushed past me and held the door open.

My dad was a fairly tall man. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I never got to meet my mom but I've seen pictures. In fact, she looks just like me, I'm thankful my dad kept me after the incident. She died during my birth. She had medium brown hair and green eyes. She was short, only five feet six inches. She was skinny without having to diet, just like me. That's the way I look, only I'm five feet four inches, and I've died my hair. It was suppose to be black but it has a blue tinge to it, its different so I decided to keep it. My mother never died her hair, she didn't have too she was beautiful, I wish I could have met her.

I wondered around the store checking out the guitars. I didn't really know what would be a good guitar and what would be a bad one, or even the price ranges. I made my way to the back of the store where my dad stood.

"These one's are good kid, fare price too, what do you think?" I looked at the small range of guitars, seems decent.

"Oh purple, I want that one." I jumped excitedly as I pointed to the guitar hanging at the top. My dad smiled at my sudden energy and motioned for the guy at the counter to come over.

"Hey, can I help you with something?" The guy was older with long black hair, grey clearly evident. It was pulled back into a pony tail and he wore blue jeans and black pull over.

"Yeah that one right there." I pointed to what would be my new purple guitar, I had a huge smile on my face.

"Sure thing, why don't you follow me, we got one in the back still in the box." My dad followed the man while I continued to look around the store.

"Come on Em, ready to go?" I looked up and caught his smile as he was holding a box with my brand new beautiful purple guitar.

***

"Sounds good kiddo, there's KD on the stove, I'm going to bed OK." I had been practicing on my new guitar all evening, and hadn't realized it was 10 o'clock already.

"OK dad, good night." He nodded in my direction before shutting my door again. I shut off the amp and put it in the corner next to my guitar stand and sat my guitar into place. I than got up to get myself a bowl of Kraft dinner.

After I finished eating I changed it into my pajamas and climbed into bed. I pulled out my iPod and kept it low so as no one could hear it. After two hours had gone by I decided to put it away and attempt to go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and tell me what you think of the first chapter !!