The Letters You've written

Two

Chapter Two

BANG

I immediately got out of bed. I wasn't asleep, even though it was three in the morning. No, I was just thinking and being prepared to look like I was sleeping when my dad decided to check on me. He doesn't sleep much, just like myself, although he doesn't know that I'm usually awake. He checks in on me every night, as if I might disappear if he didn't. He's always done this. Always.

I ran into the hall, a thousand thoughts entering my mind. Where had the gunshot come from? Running through the house I had soon answered my own question.

"Dad!"

I ran to his side screaming for him, as if my pleas would reverse what he had done. He laid motionless on his bedroom floor, handgun still clutched by his right hand, blood pouring from his head.

"Why dad! How could you do this?!" The tears blurred my vision as I hugged his bloody corpse.

"I love you" I sobbed.

I barely had time to let the scene sink in when I was being pulled away. I was in the kitchen now and I could see it was Mrs. Andrews, our neighbor from across the street. She didn't say anything, just hugged me while I cried uncontrollably.

***

I had never been in a police station before this. The lady at the desk had wrapped a grey blanket around my shoulders. She didn't say much, or maybe she did, I wasn't exactly paying attention to her. I was trying to listen to the conversation Mr. Andrews and an officer were having. But after awhile I couldn't listen anymore.

"Emily"

A tall man with dirty blonde hair sat beside me on the bench. I looked over at him, or rather up at him. 'Kevin Johnson' read his name tag, how original I thought.

"Your father left a note"

I stared at him still trying to process everything. He left a note. A Suicide note.

"It's addressed to you , Emily."

I nodded my understanding this time and he took that as a sign to hand me the letter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two! Comments please =]