The Letters You've written

Three

Chapter Three


Dear Emily,
I want you to know how much I love you and I wish things had not come to this. You are beautiful, just like your mother. She would have loved you so much. I'm sorry things had come to this, but I couldn't wait any longer. I tried not to, to be there for you to explain things, but I'm a coward Emily, and for that I'm sorry. Please don't be too sad, I want you to have an amazing life. Keep practicing on your guitar, you sound wonderful. I left you my CD collection, I know how much you loved it. Its on the top shelf in my closet.
Forgive me, I love you.
Dad.


I folded the letter, small enough for it to fit into my pocket. It was than I realized I had fresh tears rolling down my cheeks. I wiped them away and buried myself in the grey blanket.

That night I was taken to a group home to sleep. I was told that in the morning I would meet someone to talk to me about a more permanent residence.

***

I was sitting on a bench watching other children eat their lunches. I wasn't in the mood to eat anything, although I probably should have.

"Emily Walker?"

I looked up at the woman that stood before me. She had red hair that was pulled back into a messy bun and dark blue eyes. She was wearing black dress pants and a blue blouse. She was holding a folder and staring at me intently. I was surprised that she had not called me Emily James my fathers last name. He felt it was appropriate to give me my mothers maiden name, in her memory.

"Yes thats me" She smiled down at me before responding.

"Hello Emily, My name is Cara I'm from social services, I'm here to take you to your new home"

"My new home, I have a new home?" I knew I would have to go somewhere, but its only been hours, how could they have found somewhere for me to go so soon.

"Why don't you come with me Emily, I will explain things to you on the way to your house, you'll need to pick up a few things" I nodded my agreement and followed her to her car.

"Emily this may be hard for your to hear," Cara started, she was already pulling out of the parking lot, "You're father had already arranged a foster home for you, its been set for two weeks"

Two weeks. He had made his decision two weeks ago

"I don't understand, why would he do that?" I was staring at the window now, trying to fight back the tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry we cannot discuss the reason for him placing you in a foster home, either it was the truth or not we had agreed to keep it confidential." I finally looked away from the streets to look at Cara. I was furious.

"I have every right to know why my father gave me up, gave up on himself!" The tears finally poured over the rim, running down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry Emily this is policy and I will not go against policy" I wiped away my tears, still angry at this news. We were almost at the house, I can't forget to grab the CD's.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please, good or bad.