The Letters You've written

Four

Chapter Four

"Here we are Emily," announced Cara as we pulled into my driveway.

"We don't have much time, so pack only what you need. Perhaps your new family will send for your other things." She barely finished her sentence before she was getting out of the car.

"Actually" I said, stopping her in her tracks, "do you think I could go in alone?" She nodded her understanding and got back in the car. I quickly ran up to the house and unlocked the door. I went straight to the hall closet and got out the biggest duffel bag we owned. I packed my clothes, picks, books, my photo album, my iPod and any of the little things that I could think of. Lastly I went to my fathers room, to get his CD's. I took a deep breath before opening up his bedroom door. There were blood stains on the carpet but the smell of coffee filled the room. To cover the smell of death would be my guess. I went to my fathers closest and pulled out a box to stand on. I reached into the back of the top shelf and pulled out a box filled with his CD collection. Grabbing the box I jumped off the box I was standing on only for it to tip over. The box was filled with letters some addressed to my mother Rosalind, some to my father Tyler. I grabbed the box of letters too and ran out of that room. I placed the boxes in the duffel bag and zipped it up. Lastly I grabbed my guitar and amp and carried it outside.

"Finally, hurry now, we have to go" Cara semi-yelled, as she waited at the back of the car. We put my things into the trunk and now we are on our way to my new home.

"Who are they?" I asked. Cara looked over at me briefly before continuing to look at the road.

"Michael and Raychel have a son named Jimmy. He's your age, 16 right?"I nodded and she smiled that she knew how old I was. "He's a nice boy, and at least this way he can show you around your new school, there a nice family Emily, I'm sure you will like them." I just nodded again, not really in the mood to talk about my replacement family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me what you think !! This is killing me not to know!