Status: Trying my hardest to update.

Never Thought It Would Be You

First Day;

“Hey, mom! I’m going to be late for school! When are we leaving?!” I yelled down the hall.

“Joey. Did you forget your driving yourself to school? You nagged me the whole time before we left if you could bring your bike. You know the one I disapprove of so much!” She questioned.

“Oh, Yea! Thank you for reminding me. And mom you only disapprove of it because you can’t ride it.” I jokingly said.

“Shut up, Joey. Get your ass to school. You’re going to be late for your first class.”

“Okay, mom. What time are you coming home today?”

“I won’t be home till eleven, tonight. So, if you want you can unpack more stuff.”

“I’ll think about it. Bye, Mom! Love you!” I said as I rushed out the door.

As soon as I got to my new school I was already nervous. It’s only been a week since I got here and I’m already moving schools. I guess that’s what happens when you move during winter break. The weather here is much different from Jersey. So, I already love California more.

By the time I made it through the doors of Huntington Beach High, the first bell had already rung. I rushed my way to the main office and I was greeted immediately. My counselor was super nice. She helped me with my locker and my books. I had about 5 minutes left of first period when I opened my locker. Ms. Princeton, my counselor, wished me luck and if I needed anything then I shouldn’t hesitate. When she walked away the bell for passing period rang. I closed my locker and looked at my schedule and started walking to room 103 for Biology. On my way there I had a lot of people staring at me. A few guys smiled and winked, girls with disgusted and jealous looks, and others who really could care less, as I walked down the hall. My life here will probably never be the same.
I finally made my way into the classroom and I looked around for my teacher. When I spotted the man at the desk my eyes grew wide and my mouth fell to the floor as I spotted someone I thought was a ghost.

“Jason?” I questioned as I looked at my cousin. He looked up from his computer and his face had the same reaction I had.

“Joey?! What are you doing here?” he sounded happy but confused.

“I go here now. I never knew you were a teacher? Wait, hold on. Did my mom not tell you we were moving out here?”

“No? She didn’t? Is everyone else here?”

“No, it’s just me and mom. She got a job offer and she couldn’t pass it up. Steven was okay with it but couldn’t come because of his job. Nate and Emma didn’t want to come due to friends and their relationship. Plus, they just started college. So, it’s just me.” I smiled.

“Well, that’s cool. What about your friends?”

“We all got accepted to Iowa and we’ll be rooming with each other. They allowed me to come here as long as they get to visit and I don’t change college plans.”

He laughed, “Your friends allow you to do a lot…” the bell rang. “Well, let’s get class started shall we?” I nodded my head and stood there leaning against his desk.

“Welcome back class. I hope we all had a nice break…Yes, Jake?” Jason spoke as the kid, Jake, raised his hand.

“Uh… yea, who’s the hot new chick?” he asked as he looked me from head to toe. I couldn’t help but laugh at his pathetic attempt to hit on me. I looked over at Jason who seemed to be a little protective as he gave him an evil stare.

“Class this is Joey Livingston. She moved here from Jersey and will be with us till graduation. And Jake, I advise you not to stare at my cousin like she’s a piece of meat.” he forced a smile. Everyone laughed as Jake started to turn red once Jason mentioned I was family. I’m glad he did though because then I didn’t have to tell everyone in the class that I was related to him. “Joey, you can go sit in the back lab. Your partner isn’t here today but since everyone else has a partner I have to put you there. I wish you luck with him.” He apologetically said. I shrugged it off and went to my seat in the back. I could care less who my partner was but if they set me on fire then they’re in deep shit.

About twenty minutes passed by when the principle came in with a tall lanky boy next to him. The principle didn’t look too pleased with him and the boy looked as if he wished he wasn’t here.

“Mr. Livingston. Sorry to interrupt but security found Mr. Sullivan here smoking in the bathroom again.” she growled.

“Thank you Mrs. Howard.” he stated as he turned to the boy and said, “Jimmy go sit down. You have a new partner. So, if you want a better grade you better start showing up to my class and helping Joey out.” When Jason said my name the boy, Jimmy, looked in my direction. When he saw me he had a smirk on his face and that read out trouble. The principle finally left and Jason started class again when the boy made his way to the seat next me mine. His hair was a light shade of black and his eyes were a glowing blue. Brighter than mine. His eyes were like crystals and mine was just a pale shade. I was lost in thought till I heard my name being called.

“Joey. Can you please tell me which of these pictures belongs to someone who ate too much junk food?”

I looked at the pictures carefully. They all looked the same except one was darker than two and another had a pale-ish yellow to it. “The middle one because the third one belongs to a heavy smoker and the first one suffered from lack of red blood cells.” I stated. Jason smiled and nodded telling me I was correct as he added, “I guess that’s what happens to a girl when they live with a mom who studied anatomy all her life.” I laughed at what he said because it was basically true. My mom is a surgeon who studied the human body all through high school and college. I knew a lot from it because I find anatomy very interesting as well, but not really my kind of thing for when I’m older.
There were fifteen minutes left in class when homework was passed out. Jason called me to his desk when I was finished packed up with my stuff.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“When do you have lunch? I’m thinking we should grab subway. What you say?”

“Uh, I have two more classes till lunch. And I can’t go to lunch with you because I can’t leave school.”

“Okay, fine. How about dinner? Your mom can come to. I’d love to see her. It’s been ages since I’ve seen her.”

“We can probably go to dinner but Mom can’t. She works late tonight.”

“Oh, I see. Well, I’ll call you later to see if you’re up for it. We could probably catch a movie and then get take out.”

I laughed and told him okay. The bell rang and I said goodbye as I made my way for my next class. I had English in room 207B. It went by really slowly. No one seemed to care of my existence in the class so I was basically a loner. I really didn’t care since I was new there. But it’ll bug me later in the year. The bell had finally rung and I had one more class before lunch. The next class I loved dearly. I went all the way to room 196, which was on the other side of the school. This was the art room. My secrete heaven. As I walked in I was immediately welcomed by glares. The teacher, Ms. White, came over to me and introduced me. She sent me over to the table that had no one there. Which made me happy until a group of three loud boys came in and sat at the table with me. I ignored them up to the point where the silence was broken by a familiar face.

“Hey, you’re that girl in my biology class right?” Jimmy asked.

“Uh, yea. I’m Joey.” I smiled. I didn’t really want to be rude and tell him to ‘fuck off’ but he’s the only one besides the teachers who had talked to me so far today.

“Well, I’m Jimmy. This is Gates...” He pointed to the boy with glowing brown eyes and a very masculine face, “…and this is Shadows.” Then, he pointed to the guy who was smiling. And let me add that his smile makes my heart pound. I can tell you right now it’s because of the dimples. His hazel eyes made my heart beat faster. Basically, every feature of him was so intoxicating. I said hi to the good looking men when I realized their names were Shadows and Gates. I confused look sprung across my face when I said, “Gates and Shadows? Those are your names?”

They all laughed at my question when Jimmy added, “No, those are their nicknames. Gates’s name is Brian and Shadows’s name is Matt. My nickname is Rev but I want you to call me Jimmy.” he winked.

I laughed, “Okay, I’ll call you Jimmy. But I’m calling Gates and Shadows over here Brian and Matt. I don’t really like to call people by their nicknames. If you don’t like it then get use to it.”

“Damn. Where the hell were you raised?” Jimmy asked.

“New Jersey. My mom got a job offer and we moved here over break..”

“Ah, Jersey girl huh?” Brian smirked.

“Yea. Is that going to be a problem?” I smiled.

“No, not at all. What brings you here to Cali?” he asked.

“I think I already stated why. And if you forgot then you’re just gonna have to figure it out yourself.” I said playfully.

He laughed and Jimmy asked, “So, what’s up between you and Mr. Livingston. I over heard him saying he’s taking you out to dinner and a movie.”

“You just got here and you’re already fucking a teacher? I think I’m going to get use to you.” Brian smirked while putting an arm around my shoulder. He took it off quickly after
he screamed, “Ow! What the fuck was that for Shadows!?”

“Sorry, my foot twitched… Joey, are you seriously already fucking a teacher?” he turned his attention towards me. I looked at him and saw anger and a little bit of jealousy. Then my face grew into disgust after what I had heard come out of his mouth.

“Ew! Gross! I’m not fucking anyone! Especially a teacher!”

“Then why is he taking you to dinner and a movie?” Jimmy asked with a smirk.

“He’s my cousin, you dumb ass! You would’ve known that if you were there at the beginning of the period when he yelled at Jake for hitting on me. The poor kid turned into a tomato after he said we were family. Now get that fucking smirk off your face before I take it off for you!” I snapped.

Jimmy’s face fell, Brian was on the floor laughing, and Matt had calmed down with relief all over his face. “You’re seriously related to him?” Jimmy choked.

“Yes, I am. And I’m sorry for snapping at you.” I calmly said.

“No, it’s fine. I deserved it anyway. So, what’s your next class?”

“I have lunch next and then after that I have history. Then I finally go home.”

“Cool. You’re sitting with us at lunch. And who’s your history teacher?”

“Uh, Mr. Jacobs.”

“Okay, you’ll have that class with Shadows and Zacky.” he stated.

After art was over. Jimmy grabbed my bad and my pulled me by the hand to a lunch table. We sat down and then a few seconds later Matt and Brian came to join us. We were having a nice talk until more people showed up. I met Zacky and Johnny and three girls. There was Harley who was dating Johnny, Alex who was dating Brian, and Sadie who was dating Zacky. Jimmy and Matt weren’t dating anyone due to ‘heartbreak of the nasty whores.’ I laughed at Jimmy’s remark towards the girls and apologized for what they did. When lunch was over Matt, Zacky and I walked to History together. When we got into class the teacher sat me down next to Matt. Unfortunately, Zacky and Matt weren’t allowed to sit by each other because of disruptions in the class. This made me laugh at the thought of what would’ve gone on. Though the period Mr. Jacobs was telling us about a project that was due in a month. He paired Matt and me as partners and gave us a rubric stating that we had to write out a report on what we learn about World War Two and had to make a poster with a few facts and pictures.

“So, when do you want to start this project?” Matt nervously asked.

“We could go to my house today, if you want. I don’t have much planned.”

“I thought you were going out with your cousin tonight?” he stated with confusion.

“I was but, I have too much homework to do and it’s a school night. My mom would flip if I was out passed ten.”

“Then, I guess we could go to your place. Do you need a ride home?” he smiled.

“No, I have my bike.”

“I’m pretty sure a bicycle can fit in my trunk.”

“It’s not a bicycle. It’s a motorcycle and trust me it won’t fit.”

“You’re just too nervous to be in the same car as Me.” he smirked.

“And what makes you think that?” I slyly said.

He laughed at attempt to flirt and leaned in to say, “Because you can’t resist me.”

“You know what? I think you’re right. That’s why I don’t want you to come to my place. I’m trying my hardest to stay far away from you. And letting you know where I live will just draw you closer to me.” I smiled.

“Well, you can’t always get what you want because I’m coming over whether you like it or not.” he laughed.

“Whoa, guys! When the fuck did this happen?” Zacky asked as he was looking at us with confusion. Matt and I both laughed and explained to him what was really going on. He still didn’t understand. So, he went back to his seat. Then Matt and I became serious
again as I said, “Just follow me to my place after school. Okay?”

“Yea, sure.”

“But, first I need to go to my locker and get my keys.”

“Okay. I’ll meet you in the parking lot.”

“I’ll see you then.” I said to him as the bell rang. I rushed to my locker and grabbed my
keys and jacket. I placed some of my books back inside the locker and the books I needed for homework in my bag. Then, I made my way to the parking lot.
♠ ♠ ♠


First Chapter! Yeah!
Comment & Subscribe
I like to know your thoughts so far<3
Thank you (: