Status: Thinking 'bout it

Twinfestation

Road Kill

"You know, Oniichan, you should really wear your own clothes."

"I am." I said smiling against my disappointment. Silver had been staring at me since we left the restaurant, I hadn't asked why or looked back to let him know I noticed. There was always that hope in me that maybe he was looking at me in the way I looked at him. I didn't want to kill that hope by seeing that he wasn't.

So I was kind of disappointed, as always, when I realized that he had another valid reason for looking at me. I don't really know how I thought he was looking at me in the first place, maybe how a lot of other people do, but I know how I wanted him to look at me. As if I was all he wanted, the world, the only person that he ever wanted to look at, as if there wasn't any way he could live without me. Like how I look at him.

God, I mentally beat myself up. I have to stop thinking like a fangirl.

Fangirl? I'm thinking fangirl? I really need to stop watching videos with Silver.

"Those definitely aren't your clothes." Silver snickered and tried to pull at my torso and leg and just so happening to hit all of my tickle spots. "They're too tight, they're totally mine."

"Si-Silver!" I laughed, swinging my arm to swat him away, and causing the car to swerve. "Silver stop! Dear, god, you're go-gonna you're gonna get us killed!"

"Sorry." He laughed as he sat back in his seat "But really, you should at least try to turn down the sex appeal."

"Sex appeal?" I perked up a bit at that. I liked to think about it but never imagined he'd say it. Silver really thinks I have a sex appeal? This is the first I'm hearing of that. "I have sex appeal?"

"No, your mussels, nice hair, nice laugh, and attractive features just go unnoticed by everyone." He snapped. "Yes, you're sex appeal city. When guys look at you they get boners. When girls look at you they get hard nipples. Stop acting stupid."

"Calm down there, Silver." His sudden hostility shocked me. Silver gets angry, yeah, but barely ever at me and never out of the blue like that. "What's wrong?"

"Can't a boy just talk about sex appeal and nothing be wrong!?"

"Yes, but you're 'supposedly' straight. And you just got all pissy with me. What'd I do?"

"Sorry." He mumbled into his scarf after a moment of silence. "I'm just....frustrated."

"At...your scarf?"

"No." He sighed hared "At myself."

"Well, I'm going to have to have a talk with you and tell you to stop messing with my brother." I joked, trying to lighten the mood. Looking over at Silver, he was giving me his famous death glare. "What?"

"Stop joking around."

"Sorry." Shrinking in on myself, I kept my eyes glued to the road. Silver has been really hostile around me lately, I've been blaming it on his lack of sleep but he's only this way around me. To be honest, when he was breaking down earlier, that was the nicest he'd been toward me in the past week or so. "But really, what's wrong?"

"You." He said bluntly, like he was bored.

My head snapped towards him and the car jerked to the right. "What?"

Me? What have I done? Did I do something to make him frustrated? Maybe what I said in the restaurant really did offend him. He's always overly-sensitive when it comes to other peoples' feelings, but he never minded when I made comments before. In fact, he usually laughed then told me to apologize like he did today.

"Compared to you I'm.... I'm... I'm a walking stick with the traits of a six-year-old." I could hear his hurt through bitterness but couldn't imagine why he'd be either. "You're a fucking wall and always chivalrous. How the hell am I supposed to compete with that!?"

"I'm...sorry." I didn't know what else to say. This was the first he'd told me anything of the sort.

I've never tried to show him up in anything, if anything I felt he was always showing me up. He could speak multiple languages, cook edible food, somehow befriend those who no one else can, conceal his feeling extremely well, dress like none other, and sing like a angel. Not to mention he was the cutest thing I've ever laid eyes on. People may make fun of him for his white hair, but it was beautiful and looked even more lovely around his shining green eyes, even when he had on a bandanna or something to hold it back.

When the time came where things would fall apart and others would fall apart, he'd be the one to start to fix it. And when it came time to put on an act, he'd always have the best mask. I never minded him showing me up, I've always wanted people to see how amazing he was instead of wasting their time with me. I wanted everyone to know how much better he was. But I guess he doesn't know himself.

Stop over thinking things, Salem.

"Silver, I really never-"

"No." He said into his hands. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, I'm just still tired." When he lifted his head up to smile at me, I had to fight from wrapping my arms around him and telling him that faking it wasn't any good with me, I knew him all too well.

"Silver, you can-"

"I really need to work out a schedule or something, I've only had that hour of sleep earlier for the past three days! That's a seventy-one hour streak!" Though he was laughing, it looked like he was about to burst into tears like he did when he regretted something greatly. "Who do you know could say they've done that!?"

"Silver will you sto-"

"I have to work tomorrow too, so that's only about seven hours of sleep. I would say more but I still have some manuscripts to finish, we haven't eaten, and I have a little homework to do. Did you know A squared plus B squared equaled C squared and not V squared?"

"Silver, I've finished all but one of your manuscripts, we just bought food from Seaweed, I'll do your homework like I always do, and you're calling in sick tomorrow whether you like it or not." I talked over him when he tried to cut me off and tried to keep my voice very steady and firm. I know these thoughts are probably always there, but his lack of sleep is obviously making them bother not only me, but him as well. I wasn't going to let him stress. "Now back to what we were talking about."

"Salem." The despair and regret in his voice sent a pain to my chest. "Salem, please. Can we just forget it? I didn't mean it."

"Yeah." I said reluctantly. "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, my sister, Nicole, has agreed to read the chapters before I post them for my many spelling/grammar mistakes (as a sort of editor) and I really don't feel like re-reading this chapter again. So if Silverster's name is at any point changed to Ho Bag, Sex Pixie, Duche Canoe, or Whore Monkey, please tell me.

Lately my computer has been deleting random words (like shoe, Durarara, and anemia) so please tell me if a sentence looks like it's missing something.

I went through hell with this and chapter six (especially chapter six) and I still don't thing they're that good. So I know, please don't feel the need to tel me.

I'm really happy with how good this story is doing, I'm only on the fifth chapter and already have fifteen subscribers. That's the best any of my stories have done by this point, thanks guys.

Skwahdala
MyCornerOfTheWoods
Nytestalker
Thank you all for commenting and reassuring me that it's not bad that Silver is not strictly Bubblegum Pop (except for Nicole, she's a harsh critic.)
With all this talking about hugging Silver 'till he poops, I'm beginning to think I should put him in a diaper.

Hope you like it