Status: possibly a two-shot. not sure.

Lights.

1.

The air is cold, biting at my exposed legs and making goosebumps form under my thin, see-through shirt - a last attempt to impress you. Now I'm kicked out, rejected on the streets again. Rejoining the tramps, whores, dealers... the underbelly. The forgotten ones that lurk among the dumpsters in the dingy city alleys. Returning to the life you were saving me from.

Suddenly I don't feel safe, aware of the receding light and the absence of your presence beside me. The streets that shone so brightly when I was with you seem so sinister at night.

Lights.

An apartment light switches on, followed by a security light on a garage. The sudden glare burns my eyes. Then I'm turning a corner, to meet more blinding lights. Stoplights and streetlights glow, and the headlights of cars flash by. The cars rush forward, coming and going; hurrying off to whatever important destinations they must have. Paying no attention to the trashy girl stranded on the sidewalk, eyes bleeding makeup...the mask is falling away. I am naked, vulnerable, stranded on this empty streetside.

The red light turns to green too soon: a decision. To go on from you forever, or run back to your locked apartment and sleep beside your door, waiting for the morning where you'll take me back into your arms...

Suddenly, the hand flashes red on the stoplight. A cold blast of air pushes me forward, and I step robotically onto the asphalt still warm from cars. The lights burn and blur... Am I drunk or am I crying? The stoplight is yellow. My head throbs. A car beeps loudly, and the sound waves crash against my skull. My legs freeze, and the wind threatens to blow me over. I am in the middle of the road, but I don't care. I need you. The light turns. I close my eyes and think of your arms, the only place where I am home. The cars scream. My eyes force open and I am blinded by the lights. I hear a screech of tires, and cold, hard metal rips through my side. My head slams against the dashboard of my cold attacker. The last thing I see is the red of the stoplight, telling me the truth.

I need you.

Red, then black.
♠ ♠ ♠
i just realized that this begins and ends exactly like time to dance. Don't know what I mean? then be a dear and... go read my story titled time to dance O.o

i think this might have a second chapter. it probably should. ok. hmm.

i feel like i should credit a song or something XD but this for once isnt based off a song... weird...

blabber.