Omg...It's a birdcage

Just a plane ride

Everyone loaded up into the plane where Addison quickly took a seat next to Charlie. The next people to enter the plane were Billy and Alan.

Billy slowly walked over to the women as they looked up, “Hey Addison, Charlie and I were having an interesting conversation before we loaded up and I was wondering if I could sit next to her so we could continue it? If that would be ok with you,” Billy asked kindly.

Charlie looked at her friend and gave her a pleading smile.

“Um sure, I guess so,” she replied as she stood up and began to look for another seat.

Addy groaned in frustration as she realized the only seat left was the one next to Alan Grant.

Addison sat down next to Alan, “Don’t worry, I’m planning on taking a nap, that way we don’t have to talk,” he said as he laid back in his chair.

Addison nodded as she pulled out one of her magazines and began to read.

“We weren’t having a conversation,” Charlie whispered to Billy with a small smile on her face as he took the seat next to to her.

“I know,” Billy smiled back confidently, “but I just wanted to sit by you,” he finished honestly, causing Charlie to giggle.

“So how long have you and Addison known each other?” Billy asked, interested in getting to know Charlie a little better.

“Oh, we’ve known each other since high school, but we really didn’t become good friends until college because she’s a little older than me, but now I work for her...it’s kinda weird,” Charlie finished with a small laugh.

“What about you and Alan?” she asked, as she nodded in Dr. Grant’s direction.

“Oh wow,” Billy commented, “Alan and I have only been working together for two years; he’s kinda my mentor,” he stated. Charlie nodded in response.

“So you’ve known him for a little bit...did it seem like him and Addy have met before...you know, like outside of work?" she asked Billy, curious about finding the answer to the awkward meeting earlier.

“You’ve known Addison longer than I’ve known Alan, if anyone knows the answer it should be you,” Billy nudged her playfully, causing Charlie to break out into a small blush.

Alan suddenly awoke from his nap, gasping in fear as he opened his eyes.

Addison gently placed her hand on Alan’s arm, “Are you ok?” she asked, concerned.

“It was just a bad dream,” he said softly in realization, as he placed his hand on top of hers.

“Oh ok,” Addison said shortly, as she pulled her hand out from under his, “I thought you might be having a heart attack or something,” she said as she turned away from him.

Alan sat there in silence for a moment before speaking, “What has gotten into you?” he asked boldly.

Addy turned to face him; she glared before speaking, “I was in love with you, Alan,” she admitted softly before turning away from him once again.

Alan sat there in silence; speechless.

“Alright Cooper, let’s land here,” everyone heard Mr. Kirby announce to the pilot. “What?”

Alan exclaimed as Charlie looked over to Addison in confusion.

“We cannot land here,” Alan said fearfully as he began to get out of his seat.

“No, no; it’s ok Dr. Grant. We have taken safety precautions, everything will be alright,” Mr. Kirby tried to reason.

“Safety precautions for what?” Charlie asked worriedly across to Addison.

“There is no such thing as safe on that island, Mr. Kirby,” Alan argued. During all the commotion, no one paid attention to Nash getting up from his seat in the back of the plane and walking towards Alan with his gun.

“What are you doing?” Addison asked, in a panic as she realized Nash was walking towards Alan.

Without warning, Nash smashed the butt of his gun into the back of Alan’s head.

“What are you doing?” Addison yelled as she jumped up from her seat and kneeled at Dr. Grant’s side.

“Miss, don’t argue with me,” he told her in an intimidating tone. Addy decided to keep her mouth shut as she stayed by Alan’s side while the plane landed.

Charlie gave Addison a worried glance as everyone unloaded from the plane. She was so confused by all the madness going on that she wasn’t sure what to do. “You go on, I’m gonna stay with Alan,” Addy told her friend, comfortingly.

“Come on,” Billy said softly as he gently grabbed Charlie’s hand and led her off the plane with the rest of the group.

“Why is everyone so worried about safety? Why was Alan freaking out in the plane about landing? What’s going on?” Charlie asked Billy frantically as they made their way onto land; Billy still holding on to Charlie’s hand.

“What do you mean? Have you never heard of these islands before?” he asked her, shocked by her lack of knowledge on the situation.

“No,” she admitted, confused, “what’s with these islands? I mean Addison told me there was rumors about dinosaurs or something like that,” she finished with a small nervous laugh.

Billy remained silent as he gave her hand a little squeeze.

“No,” Charlie said in disbelief as she slightly pulled away.