Status: Beware I have spelling and grammar errors. I am horrible with that and my editor (Mom.) is not very good at her job latelyXPI love her anyways though lol.:)

I Am Zombie Chick

Dining with the dead.

My Mp3 player eventually began to make me feel extremely depressed which kind of sucks if you're a zombie because you know... You're already dead.
So I shut that sucker off like it was a scary boring movie and jumped out of my bed.

"Dinner's done Alex!" My mom called up the stair at me. Her voice quivered less then usual, which meant my daddy of the year was home. ( Hint: heavy sarcasm present.) The stairs creaked under my light weight as I stomped my way to the kitchen.
My fathers smokers scent filled my lungs the moment I entered. He sat at the head of the table with piles upon piles of papers scattered around his plate, and a cell phone head piece clipped to his wide wrinkled ear. My mother eyed his papers with a hateful look in her eyes. Mom use to love Dad's love for his work. She didn't comment much because it was a part of his life. After my death that quickly changed because it meant she was alone... With me.

Dad was a very hard working man, his goals all revolved around work and money. Work didn't stress him out like mom did. They loved each other dearly but mom always had worry lines framing her face while day had a impassive squint. The burnt brown tint in his eyes was always focused and narrowed, his lips pierced in a concentrated frown, and his skin was pale as a ghost from constant days inside his office. Most people use to tell mom she better watch it or dad might work himself to death, or lose his gray tinted hair. Mom would always put on a smile and laugh like she wasn't worried about the same thing. She would just turn to them and change it into a joke about me.

My mom use to joke about how I looked nothing like my dad. She would say they brought the wrong kid home from the hospital. I use to believe her because everyone thought I was his niece or something. I was a spitting image of my mother and complete opposite from my father. His eyes were dark brown while mine were the sparkling baby blue. His skin was pasty white while mine... Well mine is the same now.
I use to be everything different. I was out going, smart beautiful and popular. My dad is a quiet genius, Okay looking if you're into old guys that is, and very antisocial. I guess I have turned more into him after IT happened.

Mom sat quietly at the table by dad's side, careful to avoid my haunting gaze. A rumble echoed through my tummy as I caught the scent of the fresh meat on my plate, did I mention my mom stares? A LOT. I swear she's like a world class staring contest winner or something because blinking seems foreign to her. Well To me, I just don't ketch her do it.

A wet nasty cough broke mom out of her trance on dads barely touched plate. She glanced up at my father hacking up a lung, and sadness flooded her eyes. Dad was sick. As in he was always coughing. He would lie and say it's nothing, just a silly cough, but we saw the way he clutched his chest in pain. Mom took him to the hospital a while back and the doctor said it was from the smoking. They said it was seriously messing with his lungs and they advised he quit. Dad didn't stop.

"Hi dad, How was work?" I asked. Mom's eyes darted my way as if my voice spooked her. Probably did. My eyes focused on dad intensely begging mom to turn her gaze away because I couldn't stand to ketch her eyes right now.
My seat was three chairs away from them, at the other end of the table. I sit as far away as possible because it usually makes mom relax. It was better that way. No one was too close to me, and no one was freaking out that I was gone either.

Dad barely even glanced at me as he murmured a fantastic,"Great!" Always the same thing with him. Nothing changed when he was home besides mom always got even quieter. She was scared of us both... Like father like daughter. At least I tried. Dad was always moody never happy and always busy, he was part of the reason mom was so fragile. I was the other reason why.

Mom glanced up at my plate, more specifically my rare meat in her weakly hidden disgust. Pain swirled around in my stomach and my hunger that was so starving merely minutes ago evaporated into uneasy sadness. Great, there go's my dinner. Dad continued to ignore the tension and I put my utensils down.
"May I be excused?" I choked out. Bile built up in the back of my throat as my need to disappear wade down on my dead shoulders. Dad barely glanced at me before nodding a "yeah yeah sure whatever you want." Oh and don't forget the famous "Like I actually care."

A painful silence followed me out of the kitchen, not a sound besides my sneakers rubbing against the tile floor. No goodbyes or be back later was said because I rushed out of the house eager for my nervous release of pressure.

This is how it has to be. When you're dead like me it's better to keep to yourself. Love no one and don't be loved because you're already dead... Which makes it all the more painful. Usually after dinner I would rush up to my room and hide there all night but today was different. My memories of before IT happened had been surfacing more frequently lately as nothing more then a dream. As if they never existed. I remember what happened but it was like watching a movie you haven't seen in forever. You forget things and you can never do them again. You can never be the same again.

Tears pricked the edge of my eye sight blurring my vision but I kept on walking. Farther and farther away. The sky was quickly dimming down to a faint pink swirl with white puffy clouds floating about. Almost dark. Almost the end of the day... And the beginning of another.
Tomorrow was more then just another day though... It was beginning of a new semester at Venus High. My old high school and soon to be living hell. Mom insisted on me going back to school this semester to finish out my education. Like it even mattered I'm already dead. I didn't have much of a issue with finishing my education. It was going back there again... Back to where everyone was the same... But me.

The freak of nature and girl who would never be the same. The girl who had it all... Then she died. So welcome to my life for the dead. Welcome to the life of the Zombie chick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so sorry if this one is short. I needed it to end right here on this chapter but I couldn't seem to fit anything else. lol Comments?:)
Spell checked!