Status: Rewriting the first couple of chapters!!!

I'm Not Dead

010

P!NK'S POV

The entire flight to Detroit I just told him about my life. I told him about my family and my parents divorce. I told him about Carey and I. He listened to ramble and every now and then he'd comment or ask a question. Most of them were stupid. A (successful) attempt at making me laugh. Then whenever i got tired of talking about myself, I asked him about his life. At first he was a little reluctant, but I got him to talk.

"Em...does this mean I get to meet your daughters?" I asked, somewhere along the line of this conversation.

"Mhm. There's Alaina. She's the oldest. Then, you got Hailie. Last but not least you got Whitney," he took out his phone and showed me some pictures.

"Wow. They're gorgeous," I whispered. I knew I'd never be able to understand the feeling he got when he looked at them because I never had any kids of my own. But I know how it feels to love some with everything in your heart and more.

"I know. I don't know where I'd be today without them. I've made alot of mistakes Alecia. And all I can do is try and make em right."

"You can't learn anything without fucking up every once in awhile. Trust me. I know."

I intertwined my fingers with his and laid my head on his shoulder. I had no idea how him and I would work out. At all. But everything about him made it worth the risk.

***

I don't why the fuck I was so nervous to meet some girls. Maybe because I knew that if his daughters didn't like me, nothing else would matter. They'd be the main critics. Marshall wouldn't even tell me whether or not they even liked my songs. Hell, even they did like my songs, but they didn't like me, I'd be screwed.

"Calm down," I told myself, closing my eyes and humming to myself.

"Alecia..." I heard Marshall say to me. I opened my eyes and looked over at him.

"What? Huh?" I fixed the cap that I'd stolen from him and put backwards on my head.

"God damn girl. You musta been knocked out. We're here to pick up the girls..." he dragged out the last part slowly.

Right. Kim's house. I knew that. And I wasn't freaking out over nothing.

"Don't talk to me, like I'm slow." I grumbled to him, getting out the passenger side of the car. I looked behind me and saw another SUV pull up behind us. Em always rolled deep.

"Hey, I think I should be the one to knock at the door. Don't you think?" he responded, catching up to me and knocking on the door and ringing the bell.

I sarcastically smiled at him. "Oh aren't you a fuckin genius?" I mumbled. Just as I said that, Kim opened up the door for us.

"Hey Marshall." she said, lightly hugging him. Then she turned to me.

"Kim, this is Alecia. I'm pretty sure you've seen her..."

She interrupted him. "Oh yeah! You're Pink! Hi nice to meet you," She came over and hugged me. I hugged her back and put on my best smile. "Come inside guys. The girls are in the living room waiting."

"Alecia, go get 'em. I needa talk to Kim real quick.," Marshall said, smirking at me as we came in.

"Okay." I said, fake smiling at him and walking around to find the living room. When I did, I saw all 3 of them sitting on a coach, watching tv. I came over and sat on the floor.

"What are yall watching?" I asked, since it was on commercials.

"Spongebob..." Whitney said slowly.

"Are you a friend of my mom?" Hailie asked next.

"Nahh. I'm more like a friend of your dad. I came in here to get you guys..." I stood up and turned to face them.

"Oh my gosh! You're Pink! We love you songs so much! I didn't know our dad was cool!" It was just a jumbled up mess of girl voices as they up to hug me.

"What's all that noise?" Marshall said, they all left me and went up to hug him. "I missed yall too. Got your stuff?"

"I'll race yall there!" I yelled, running out the house.

Then, they all ran to grab their bags and race to the car. Even Alaina didn't think she was too old to have a little fun.

***

"Ugh. I hate this stupid game!" Hailie said, getting angry and pouting.

"You just hate it cause you're losing." Marshall said, putting his hand out to her.

She groaned and gave him the money she owed him for landing on his property.

"It's okay Hailie. It's not like he's winning," with that, I fanned myself with Whitney and me's Monopoly money.

"Makin it rain huh Alecia and Whit? Who's turn is it to roll?" he asked, smirking at me for a second.

"Mines!" Alaina said, grabbing the dice. "Come on baby. Big money, big money." She rolled and moved her little thimble to a chance spot.

I handed her a card and we all waited to see what it said.

"Nooooo!" She said, putting her head in her hands, laughing. Hailie grabbed the card from her and started to laugh.

"She got in jail didn't she?" I asked, snatching the card from Hailie. I saw what it said and started to laugh too. Then, Marshall snatched it from me and read it out loud.

"Go straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.. Ahhh, tough break Lanie, get in there." he said, moving her piece and Hailie and I drummed on my legs for dramatic effect.

Then I felt Whitney lean on my arm, yawning.

"Oh. Looks like it sleeping time. Only this house would play Monopoly till midnight. Go on girls. Beds. Now." He said standing up, and giving them kisses on the forehead.

When they all groaned and left, he came over and put his hands on my waist.

"Now, it's time to take care of you. Follow me." he mumbled, pulling me away from the mess we left.

"But I was gonna clean...oh nevermind." I said, giving up and following him to his bedroom.

"Oh Marshall. Now isn't this wonderful. But wait, does Alecia have anything to wear?" I asked him, pausing for dramatic effect. "No? Oh okay."

"Alecia can go with the girls and their friends to the mall tomorrow," he said just as sarcastically, putting his hands on the side of my face and softly kissing me.

"And what is she gonna wear tonight?" I snapped back, giving him a look.

"How 'bout nothing?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know HOW this came to mind but whatevs (: Happy Labor Day Weekend. COMMENT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEsaGwCWIkQ