Status: George will keep you updated.

Hello George.

Hello George. How was you morning, George?

"Hello George. How was you morning, George?"

"It was quite fine, thank you for asking."

"Oh George, would you like some coffee?"

"Yes thank you. Cream and two sugars, if you don't mind."

"Oh, it's quite my pleasure, George."

She walked into the kitchen, unknowing. She poured the coffee into two porcelain cups from her china cabinet. She was always quite proud of her china collection, the patterns all beautifully hand-crafted, all shining from her annual spring cleaning.
She entered the sitting room, handling a silver platter that held the morning refreshments with a happy smile on her face.
George smiled back at her, he sipped the coffee that she had handed him, gratefully.

George hadn't been sleeping well lately, and was well in need of the caffeine. Dark circles were beginning to form under his eyes, and he accidentally yawned.

"George? Have you been getting enough sleep?"

"My sleeping habits have been odd lately, I just don't think I'm used to the time change yet."

"Well, maybe you should take a nap, George."

"Oh, I can't. That would muck up my sleep schedule even more. But thank you."

She smiled, and tucked a piece of her soft brown hair behind her ear.
They both sipped their drinks, with nothing in particular to complain about. A simple cup of coffee between two friends. Harmless.
George, new to the neighborhood. Happy and carefree, he was. George had nothing much to worry about. Finacially.
But that was because George was a smart boy. He had emancipated himself from his father. His very wealthy, disturbed father.
George's mother had passed away about a year ago, a memory George had repressed successfully. It had seemed at the time that George's father could have cared less about his mother's passing.
But soon, George had realized that his father was much more hurt than he let on. He started drinking away his mother's memory, George had noticed.
George's mother was a wealthy woman, a psychologist. A wonderful, caring woman; Who would have done anything for her son.

"George, what are you thinking about?"

"My mother."

"What about your mother?"

"The memory of her."

"What happened you your mother, George?"

"She died."

"How did your mother die, George?"

"I don't wish to speak about it."

"Well, alright George."

They went back to sipping their second cup of coffee, and George went back to thinking of what had happened before he moved.

"Father, I need to speak with you."

"About what, George. I'm quite busy at the moment."

"Oh, it won't take long."

His father sighed, and plopped himself down at the dining room table. George followed suit, starting off with a large breath, George began to speak rather quickly.

"Father, I'd like you to sign an Emancipation form, I've arranged for a lawyer to come to the house in a few minutes- Father? No, father. Stop shaking your head, I-"

"No."

"Father, you can't just say no. It's-"

"I said no, George."

"This is going to happen, Father. Whether you like it or-"

"GEORGE! What the bloody hell don't you understand about 'No'?! I refuse-"

There was a knock at the door, the lawyer had shown up at the house, not realizing the very big mess he had just been recently paid to deal with inside of it.

"George, you listen to me. Don't let that lawyer into my house."

"THIS WAS MUM'S HOUSE TOO!"

George had had enough. The mere mention of the man's late wife had sent him falling back into his chair, the wind knocked out of him.
George went and got the door, it seemed the Lawyer had been getting impatient.

"Hello George."

"Hello Mr. Mcreevy."

"George, would you like a muffin? I baked them from scratch."

"Oh, I'm quite alright. Thank you."

The refreshments had been consumed, the two were simply enjoying each others company; And enjoying it well.
Earlier that morning, George had made the trip over to Lucy Hadley's apartment for those comfortable cups of coffee, and limited conversation.
Lucy Hadley was a beautiful girl, short golden brown hair, that she constantly tucked behind her ear. George had assumed she recently received a haircut that she was still self conscious about. George found it charming.

"No problem, George."

"Actually, I think I should get going. I've got a busy day ahead of me."

"Well alright, George. Will I see you tomorrow?"

"Maybe. If the interview goes well, you can come and see me at the coffee shop."

"Oh yes! The interview. I had completely forgotten. Good luck, George."

George left Lucy Hadley's apartment and walked to his car, revving the engine before he left for the legendary interview at the 'Porter Mention's Coffee House.' Where hot tea was atrocious, and stale pastries were served.
George was so looking forward to auditioning for a glorified waiter position.

"George, did you speak to your father?"

"Yes, I did."

"Alright then, shall we get started?"

"YOU! You put my George up to this! Trying to take him away from me you are!"

"Father calm down. This was my decision. I need you to sit back down and listen."

George and his father shared a look. A look shared many times before, a look of anger and desperation. A look used in fighting for control.
George's father sat down, along with the others.

"Mr. Hartley, I'm going to need you to sign here, here, and initial here."

George's father did not want to sign the papers, knowing that he would be alone after the ink dried. His heart broke apart at the realization that his son wanted to leave him. But, being the prideful and dignified man that he was, he signed the papers. George's father then left to his den undoubtedly to fetch himself another glass of scotch to deal with the added pain of losing his son along with his beloved wife.
The next day, George; a seventeen year old boy left the house that was once his home. He left his country, his beloved U.K. for a place with a new start. America.

George was a boy, now he's legally a man.
A man who was going to be late for his job interview if he didn't step on it.