Status: Active.

Night's Not Over

Cinq

Gemma’s eyes snapped open at the sudden contact she felt against her temple. Her eyes glanced at the bare foot in disgust and shoved it away, causing the owner to roll over and fell from the couch. The living room of Albert and Julian’s apartment was where they stayed for the night after three hours driving around New York City.

Fabrizio, the owner of the foot who shared the couch with her for the night, was now on the floor, was snoring and still sound asleep even though Gemma had pushed him down. Nikolai slept on the floor for the whole night while a blanket was wrapped around his body and Nick was on the other couch, his body was so long that his feet was dangling from its edge. All the three of them was still sound asleep.

The smell of coffee flew from the kitchen and into her nostrils. She got up and followed the smell, finding Julian’s back on her as he was making a pot of coffee.

“Morning,” she said.

He turned around and smiled at the sight of her in his sweater and boxers. Her hair was all over the place and she still looked like she needed more sleep, but he thought she was beautiful. “Morning. Coffee?” he lifted the pot in his hand.

“Yes please,” she went and sat at the table. He poured the coffee into a mug and placed it in front of her before pouring some for himself.

“Did you get a good sleep?” he asked, placing the coffee pot back.

“Not really.”

He chuckled. “I guess it’s because you took the couch. Take my bed next time, they’re much more comfortable,” he sipped his coffee and placed it on the counter. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“Anything with bacon.”

He laughed, taking out a pan and a package of bacons and fried them up. “Want some toast and eggs?”

“That would be nice.” Few moments later, he placed a plate of bacons, toast and some scrambled eggs. He placed another plate for himself and sat across her and they spent the next twenty minutes eating breakfast and talking about what happened last night. Julian already returned the car they ‘borrowed’ an hour ago, which was why he was up at seven in the morning making coffee when he went to bed at four AM.

There was something different with them today. They were just chuckling instead of laughing out loud like they would usually do. They didn’t know if it was because they tried keeping their voice down as their friends were still asleep in the next room or if they were a little bit shy for the fact that they began officially going out.

Gemma still remembered how Julian asked her out. After she kissed him, he planted a few more discreet pecks on her lips and on her forehead, and then he leaned in to her ear and whispered if she wanted to be his girlfriend. Of course she couldn’t refuse; how his soft breath hit her ear was knee-weakening. She thought the way he asked her out and how he made it seem like he was a little kid confessing a bad thing he did was so cute.

“Do you want to check out that flea market near your college?” he asked as they were washing the dishes.

“I’d like to but I don’t have a change.”

“You can wear my shirt.” He looked down at her, smiling as he turned off the faucet. “It’ll be our very first secret date as an official couple.” Official couple. That term came out flattering when Julian was the one to say it. He nudged her shoulder. “Come on, who knows we’ll find that vintage camera you’ve always wanted.”

“Fine, fine,” she smiled as she gave in. He grinned from ear-to-ear and kissed her forehead.

Forty minutes later they were at the market, going from one stand to another. They didn’t find anything they wanted to buy so far, but there were some items that they made jokes at. Julian was looking at some tea sets when Gemma found a stand full of vintage cameras so she grabbed Julian’s denim jacket and pulled him with her towards the stand. The man behind the stand seemed like he was in his seventies, smoking a pipe and greeted them with a smile.

“I never saw so many cameras on a table before,” Julian said as Gemma looked around.

“They’re a part of my collection,” the man said, “I’d been collecting since I was seventeen, even when I was in war I still tried my best to collect them.”

Gemma gasped at a Yashica one, the one she always wanted. She had been looking for it for three years and she finally found it. The camera had two lenses and the pictures it produced was really nice.

“Is that the one you want?” Julian asked as she was holding the camera, admiring its shape and how old it felt. She nodded.

“How much is this?” she asked.

“A hundred,” the man answered, taking a puff from his pipe.

She groaned. “I don’t bring that much money.” Julian watched her face fell as she placed the camera back. She politely smiled at the man as they walked away. “It’s sad, I finally found it yet I’m low on cash right now.”

They walked away from the market and went to Spinelli to have lunch. They were just done ordering their food when a rather angry brunette stomped her way into the diner and towards them.

“Oh, shit,” Julian muttered when he saw her.

“So THIS is the reason why you dumped me?!” she screamed, pointing at Gemma.

“Sandra, let’s not do this here.”

“You think just because I was busy in college across the state means that you can just dump me and see another girl?!”

“Sandra, we were together for two weeks.”

Two weeks? Thoughts ran in Gemma’s mind. They only went out for two weeks? The girl seemed serious about their relationship, but Julian looked disinterested. He was never serious, then? Was he serious with Gemma?

“Jules, I, uh, just remember that I have something to do,” she said, getting up. “I’m sorry.” She made her way out the diner and he called out her name, but she didn’t turn. He watched her stopping a cab and getting in.

Sandra crossed her arms and stared at him, wanting him to explain something.

“Did you have to throw a tantrum in public like this? In front of her?” he asked, looking at her in disbelief.

She scoffed. “Come on, Jules, her? I’m far better than her, you know that,” she cooed, rubbing his shoulder.

He shrugged her hand off. “I’m sorry, Sandra, I never really liked you. You’re annoying and you’re a bitch. I just liked your blowjobs.” Her jaw hit the ground as he stood up and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this chapter doesn't make any sense :|