Status: COMPLETED: 560 readers, 168 subscribers, 104 comments.

The Richardson List

epilogue

“Oh, come on Carter!” Cole groaned, a smile tugging on the corner of his lips as his feet pounded against the grass. A few steps ahead of him, the girl gave a laugh while waving the pack of gum in the air in a taunt.

“Is that all you got?”

She glanced over her shoulder with a grin plastered across her face, a competitive spark in her eyes.

He took her up on that challenge and narrowed his gaze, pumping his legs and increasing his speed. It wasn’t long before he had caught her in his arms, both of their laughter mingling in the air. When he’d achieved the upper hand, he stole the package from her fingers and slipped it into his pocket, his hold on her remaining.

“I was going easy on you; I have to say that was already a seven,” she teased, finding her muscles relaxing in his embrace.

“Well, I think you’re a ten,” he mumbled into her ear, squeezing his arms around her torso and allowing his breath to caress her neck. “…Is something someone blind would say, of course.”

She glared at nothing in particular; spinning around to meet the cheesy grin blossomed on his face.

“I hate you.”

Cole shook his head, leaning in until their faces were only inches apart. “Are you sure about that?”

His lips pressed against hers and she could feel her heartbeat accelerate, draping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

“Ah, didn’t I tell you guys!? Behind close doors! I would like to keep my lunch down, please and thank you!” Audrey spread a palm against her stomach, a few gags mixing in her with complaints.

The pair broke down in laughter, breaking apart at Audrey’s request, however Cole’s arm remained with a tight grip around her hip. “Is that jealousy I hear?” he chided with a smirk.

The girl rolled her eyes, feigning despair. “Oh yes, of course! Carter, how could you betray me like this? I thought we had something special, I love you!” the last part came out in a cry as the blonde grabbed onto Carter’s shoulders, only to be pulled off by Cole himself.

More laughter poured from Carter’s lips, drifting into the surrounding air and dancing with the breeze sailing by. And for the first time in a long time, she didn’t have anything to worry about. The list was gone, Skye was no longer a problem, and finally she was perfectly and completely content, with her two best friends, Cole and Audrey by her side.

Of course her life wasn’t perfect, but oddly enough, she was okay with that.

Skye Richardson, never settled down and enjoyed the life of a bachelor to its full extent. While he didn’t hook up with every girl he met, didn’t spend his nights alone. None of the girls did compare to one though, the one that he knew before his move, and therefore none satisfied his tastes.

Lily Parks, found her passion in painting. With the new found time on her hands she picked up a paintbrush, finding that she has some talent. Now she focuses much less on her appearance and more on her art, the paint splatters on her uniform a slight indication, though hasn’t found anyone for her yet.

Parker Rivers, found himself a girl with a feminist spark and able to challenge his unusually sexist views. They’re usually found in some type or argument: yelling, screaming, glares and all. But while he won’t admit it to anyone, he’s falling hard.

Matt Skinner, is also living it up with his friends. His parties still continue to be a rage and he still hasn’t settled down yet, enjoying life with his good friend Skye.

Zack Hanson, still has his eye on Audrey, and it making his crush known. Unlike his friends, the single life just doesn’t settle well with him, and flirts in a blatant manner with the blonde whenever he can. She's yet to realize this.

Carrie Smith and Olivia Rider, are still the best of friends. They let the list pass them and have moved onto bigger and better things, things that won’t break down their friendships. Both are usually seen together for the most part.

Tiffany Eykens, is still ever present in everyone’s hearts and will forever be remembered as that spunky brunette, her memory will never fade.

Nina Dupree ended up going to therapeutic help for not only her eating disorder, but dealing with the loss of her best friend, Tiffany. She's given up on parties and is now determined to get into an ivy league school like Tiffany always wanted to.

Scarlett Johnson and Jack Piper, broke up after the entire cheating incident. Both continued their lives without the other and both are content.

Annabelle Rayne, obtained her status once again, catty remarks that gained a few laughs and she was back where she once was, a place where she was invincible. However, it was clear to see in her eyes that she was no longer unbeatable as she had been before, there are things that could tear anyone down.

Madeline Santiago, endured most of the snappy retorts and was tore down by a certain blonde, which brought her back to where she was before. Her appearance remains however her shy demeanour returned, the circle of friends she drew near now smaller.

Carter Rousseau, Audrey Bennett and Cole Malone are still the strongest of friends, a few more than others but still the relationships remain the same.

Everyone felt the effects of the list; it hit everyone in grade ten, some a little harder than others. In the end though, which Carter supposed was the most important, everyone got through it.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, prepare for one LONG ASS AUTHORS NOTE. I'm allowed because it's the ending chapter and whatever, okay? Okay.

First of all, this is my beloved baby, it's true. I began this two years ago, and finished it around last year, and it is the only story I consider readable that I've ever finished. Obviously it's really dear to me, aha. And while most of you are Quizillians who either wanted to finish it up, I'm happy to have shared it with you few Mibbians who liked it.

This is the end, there is no sequel, it's done. I know a lot of you were disappointed, but I don't think the story was ever about the romance between Carter and Skye. It was about friendship and finding yourself, I think. Or well, I tried.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it, though, to everyone. This story has been wildly successful and it's all because of you lovely people. I mean, I got over 100 comments! That's crazy! Thank you guys, so, so much. And if you've been holding your tongue throughout, it would really mean the world to me if you maybe just dropped a line saying, yeah, this was cool. It is the last chapter and all, aha, it's your last chance! :)

While there won't be a sequel, I do have something in mind. We all know and love Parker, right? Well, I started writing a little thing for him around Christmas last year and never finished it, but I'm really up for finishing it if you guys would like to read it.

le story page.

Comment and Subscribe and if you guys want it, I'll totally write it. :D

RIGHT. SO. This is it. However, does this have to be the end for you and me? Of course not! While there aren't updates daily anymore, my new story that if you want something to read, Chasing the Future.

This is like my main baby right now. :D

Alright, well, this was one helluva ride. I love you guys and I truly do miss Carter and Skye and Audrey and Cole and Parker so much, I mean they're like my children, aha. And I'm glad that you guys like them too!

Ta-ta for now! :)