Endless Love

I see you, do you see me?

Anastasia Reynolds, a girl of innocent beauty, but malicious intent. Her life continued in a traffic of alcohol, nicotine and drug induced haze. Nothing is real, nothing is false. The only thing her eyes see is him. All Ana thinks about all day is the Purity Club member, Nathan Smith. His short, blond, boy-like bob hair cut, and his dazzling, blue eyes. Oh, how they make everything seem so much better.

Even as she took a drag of her cigarette, Ana thought of him. The others, her friends, sat around and shared the pack of smokes. Their lives, as well, in a haze of heroin addiction and alcohol poisoning. She leaned back, enjoying the taste and smells around her. This is the life, she thought to herself.

Without notice, someone appears. Their blue coat and matching pants aren't something the gang is used to. Ana looked up and met his eyes. Her friends scattered, but Ana stayed. There isn't a use, this man knows her very well. He's the principal of Jim Barker High School after all.

There are no need for words; Mr. Glyn just simply snaps his fingers for Ana to follow. Without hesitance, she does. "It's an after school detention for you, young lady." Mr. Glyn can't offer much more. He and Ana both know that if she was suspended she would never go to school again. It's Mr. Glyn's duty to take care of all his students, even the lost causes.

Image


Ana sat in detention, a long day of watching Mr. Glyn staple and make phone calls. She tied her blond hair back; it's always getting in her way. She wants her hair cut short but her friend would be very angry. In a stranger's eyes that would be a boyfriend, but to her it's just a friend. A friend that she gets high with and has sex with regularly. Just an friend. He has no part in her throbbing heart.

This room is more of a home than Ana's actual home. Where her mother, father and grandmother stay. She's in this room no less than three times a school week. The same students are in here; they are like her pets. Sometimes there is a stray but they hardly return. The room smells stale, tasteless and below average. There is nothing on the walls. There is nothing to express in this room. It's for lost causes. They aren't celebrated in anyway.

Down the hall lays a room, it lingers with smells of flowers and freshly made sugar cookies. The walls are plastered with pictures of smiling faces and happy things. There is even a picture of a puppy; an innocent little puppy. The room belongs to the Purity Club. Their goal in life is to promote abstinence in young adults. They sing Christian songs like, Jesus Loves Me and Poor Little Child. The members love one another, expressing their kindness with gifts and hugs. Ana's heart stopping crush, Nathan, is the president of that club.

Nathan and Ana are complete opposites.

Soon the Purity members walk the hall. They stopped at Ana's room. The club want to host a skit for the school, to give a scenario of what will happen with premarital sex. The teacher watching the lost causes smiles and welcomes them with a rare smile. It brightens her three hours stuck in the room. She loves them, as everyone does in Ana's school.

"What is this great pleasure you give us?" The stout, elderly woman asked. Nathan flashed his famous toothy smile. The members wave kindly to the lost causes. Nothing ever put a frown on their faces, unless you were pregnant, on drugs, impure, or Atheist. Everything Ana secretly was. What most of these boys in the room was. Even Nathan had one of those traits. That's only two things they share; impurity and a fetus.

Nathan stepped towards the class, completely ignoring the mother of his unborn child. Neither of them knew of the fetus, but the fetus knew. Ana doesn't think teen pregnancy can ever happen to her. Nathan barely remembered the night. "We are asking for a brave young girl to help us with our skit, Ms. Edinburgh. Mr. Glyn said it could count towards two detentions." Nathan's voice is so smooth and beautiful to Ana; she closed her eyes, savoring it. It's not the only thing she savored. Ana re-lived that night everyday. To be held by Nathan, to be kissed by Nathan, to be loved by Nathan.

Incidental, Nathan was drinking; it's a secret he will take to the grave. He only does it around strangers, but that night, Ana was at the party. It was her day off being a lifeguard, and she wanted to go to a rival school's rave. It was supposed to be fun, it was. Through out the night she noticed him, her crush gained in desire. Nathan stumbled into her sight again and their eyes met.

Before Ana could visit the best night of life she was interrupted with Ms. Edinburgh calling her name. "Anastasia, you are the only female..." The elderly woman trailed off, wondering if that is even true. "The only female in here. Would you like to help?" The teacher regained her thoughts and controlled her hatred. Ana looked down at her desk, unsure what to do, then glanced at Nathan. She would do anything to be in his space.

"Yeah, I'll help." Ana's heart took over and spoke for her. Two excited members grabbed each of Ana's arms and practically dragged her down the hall. She wished Nathan would grab her again. She didn't want to seem like an idiot, so the put the secret back into its black box in her mind. "What are you doing?" She asked girls.

The vice president, which is none other than Nathan's real girlfriend, looked at her. Ana hated her with every fiber of her soul. She was envious of the girl's beautiful dark hair, and her chocolate eyes. Samantha is her name. Ana remembered now. "You are going to be the main star." Samantha smiled, a plot building in her mind.

The Purity Club sat Ana down on a soft chair. A few of them fussed over what outfit to choose for her. Ana just watched Nathan the whole time. She didn't care if they dressed her up like an idiot; she was with Nathan. His blue eyes flickered to her, a faint memory held behind them of that night. Ana smiles. Nathan does not.

Samantha pulled out a large bag. It held the perfect outfit for Ana. Little does everyone know it is extremely right for her, only seven months too early. Ana stared, her cheeks a bright red. She had to wear that in front of the whole school.

"You got to be fucking kidding me." Immediately the words passed over Ana's tongue.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know there is stereotypes in this. Yes, they are suppose to be there. Thank you all who helped me with this chapter. I wouldn't be where I am without you :) This is my first story told by third person, so please cut me some slack. Tell me anything I can do to make it sound realistic.

1,179 words
Have a wonderful day and don't be a silent reader!:))