Endless Love

I smile, and you look away.

Their laughter rumbled in Ana's skull, the aggregation hollered more insults. Ana closed her eyes, her hands protecting the fake baby bump. She wore an eight month pregnancy suit; it's opening night for Dumpster Babies. The Purity Club spent weeks preparing the night. Ana spent every day in their room with Nathan. He told the story of a teen mother pregnant with a child she did not want. It was about how many babies are ditched each year by unready mothers.

Nathan spoke loud and clear, his voice rang through the auditorium, drowning out most of the laughter. None of the students really cared. Anastasia was on stage in a pregnant suit; it was better than a movie. John, Ana's friend stared up at her, he was deeply agitated. Ana kept her eyes shut, keeping her mind off the insults.

The fellow members continued their story. Ana was pushed around by Samantha, who played her mother. Jarrod played the father of the child, he laid dead from suicide. It was beyond over dramatized, Ana hated every minute of it. She had to act like to give birth and leave the baby in a dumpster. It was awful. It made her cry when she thought about it.

Towards the end of the play Ana was already crying. She staggered off stage, trying to find John. The lights flickered on, hundreds of pairs of eyes watched her. The girls teased her, the boys called her a slut. It was only a play, but they already hated her. John stood from his seat and watched her walking to him. The suit was no longer on her body, but she still felt it.

"I told you this would happen." John leaned on the stage, and looked her over. Ana's makeup was smeared, and she only wore a tank and thin shorts. "You look horrible." He added, staring at the new pouch of fat at her stomach. No one knew it was from the growing fetus inside her. They presumed she been snacking too much. John's lip curled in disgust. Ana put her arms around her stomach. She knew John thought her gaining weight was ugly.

A stranger walked passed her, snickering. "You know that story is very true for that bitch. We all know she is going to get knocked up by that boy." The girl told her friends. They all turned and took a look at John. He turned red, his eyes narrowed on Ana. She gulped. John hated hearing that, he hated it with everything he could. Ana meant nothing but a good time for him. 'A good fuck,' he would say, nothing more.

John waited for the auditorium to clear. Ana stood there shivering. She was more ashamed than anything, Nathan did not even acknowledge her. Nothing was going the way she thought it would. Suddenly, John reached out snatching Ana's arm.

"Ow!" Ana yelped in pain.

John's face twisted in anger. "Ow?!" he demanded. "I'll give you ow!" His hand slapped Ana across the face, causing her to fall against the stage. "How dare you embarrass me like that!" John took a deep breath, running his hands though his hair. Ana cried on the floor, too upset to get up.

Nathan then walked on stage, just as John pushed Ana over with his boot. "Meet me in the car when you are done being a pussy." John spotted Nathan and grunted. Ana pulled her self up as John walked off. Nathan just stared in surprise. She smiled when she saw Nathan.

"Hey!" Ana ran her fingers in her hair, trying to make herself more presentable. Her face was only red, John made sure not to hit her hard enough to leave a mark. Nathan made it better for her. Just his presence was enough to make any day better.

Nathan kicked a prop. "Was that your boyfriend?"

Ana shook her head, "just a friend."

"Some friend," Nathan mumbles, then looks into her eyes. "I wanted..to um..thank you for helping us. I'm sorry people laughed." Ana let herself drowned in his presence. Something inside her wanted him; it could just be the fetus. Nathan cleared his throat, breaking Ana's daydreaming.

Ana tried to laugh, it came out dry. She wasn't a very good actress. "It's fine. I'm use to it."

Nathan nibbled his lip, looking away, distracted. "I guess I'll see you later. Have a good night." He walked off, going to the arms of Samantha, right into a kiss. Samantha smiles to Ana, almost teasing her with another kiss on Nathan's lips.

Ana silently screamed. She hated Samantha, she hated that stupid club, she hated them all. Nathan could not love her if Samantha was in the equation. Ana stormed off to the bathroom to clean up before she ran for John.

Image


John let go of Ana, her arms now bruised. He muttered "fuck" and put his pants back on. Ana let the silent tears fall, this time it hurt more than the others. She started to put her clothes back on, trying not to make any noticeable movements.

They were in a stolen vehicle, it wasn't the first time they had sex in the back seat. Just the thought of being caught turned John on. Ana hated it, every minute of it. She drank and smoked to try to get her memory to erase. Trying not to feel the painful thrusts, not to feel anything. Sometimes she would imagine it was Nathan again. How he gently wrapped his arms around her, softly kissing the nape of her neck. How Nathan let Ana have control, and did not force anything. She wished it was him again.

John and Ana are the Ghost Riders. They stole a car and drove around town until it ran out of gas. Sometimes they would hop in the back and have sex, or smoke so much weed the smell will be forever in the vehicle. Ana does it for a rush. John does it so he can feel powerful.

This time it was a small sports car. John loved those kinds of cars. Ana crawled into the front seat to find the rest of her clothes. He was already turning the car over to drive away. They both wear all black, even ski masks to hide everything. Ana wore bandages to hide her obvious breasts and make her seem more masculine. She was an obvious suspect if she did not.

John smiled, but it was never friendly. He put his arm around Ana's seat and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, struggling at third person :)

1,115 words.