Endless Love

This pain is filling up in my heart.

Weeks went by, nothing changed for Ana. John was still furious about the play, and Nathan was still ignoring her. She didn't know what to do; she was feeling sick all the time and couldn't stand the smell of anything. At night, after John forced her to accompany him in a joyride; Ana would jump in the local lake and swim for the rest of the time. It made her feel so much better. That's why she loved the summer, she was a lifeguard. Ana got to swim very day. It made her seem free.

While Ana was in her swim suit, Grandma Beth started to notice her weight change. She knew Ana was pregnant, she has been pregnant herself at 17. She wished Ana only knew. Grandma Beth took Ana to the drug store, taking her to the female necessities shelf.

"Do you need tampons, sweetie?" Grandma Beth asked, already knowing the answer.

Ana looked away shyly. She's been late for two months now. There was no way in hell she could be pregnant. John made her take the morning after pill if the condom ever broke. He was very careful, he did not want children. Ana gazed down at her grandmother and her eyes flickered to the pregnancy tests. Deep inside her, she knew the only possible way was if it was Nathan's. Even she couldn't remember if they were protected or not. Grandma Beth rubbed her granddaughter's arm and bought two tests. To be double sure.

"Will you tell my parents?" Ana asked softly. She held the tests under her arm. Grandma Beth only put her arm around her.

"No, but you will when you are ready, " Grandma Beth kissed Ana's forehead. At least Ana had her grandmother in her life. Ana's mother would kill her if she found out.

A gallon of water later and ten minutes of living in physical and mental Hell, Ana picked the tests up. She did not want to look, she was so scared. It would be a dream to carry Nathan's baby. To love him forever and have all his beautiful children. She would be the best mother and a perfect wife. That was her dream. Underneath the dark makeup, heavy music and messy hair was a little girl with a dream. Then, Ana knew Nathan would never acknowledge himself as the father. Not with the bitch at his side at least. Ana peeked.

On one stick had a plus sign, on the other said "pregnant." Ana fainted.

Image


Ana went to school in her father's jacket. Her excuse was it was too cold for her. The real reason was to hide the tiny bump. She kept her hands in the jacket's pockets, protecting the little thing inside her. She already loved the child, it was part her and part Nathan. Anything with Nathan in it was precious to her. All day she refused to hug anyone, scared it might hurt her baby.

During sixth period Ana stayed in the bathroom, her face stuck inside the toilet bowl. It made her sick when she saw the school's lunch special. All sixth period she stayed, a few girls gave her crackers or a granola bar. They assumed she was hung over. Ana knew she had to deal with it, she had a detention again. If she skips then they will call her parents.

For the rest of the day Ana lied low, avoiding John at any possible way. John would want her to go smoke with him, or fool around with him. Ana didn't want anything to do with him as long she was with Nathan's child. After school Ana walked down the hallway to detention. Nathan and his girlfriend walk in front of her. Their arms are entwined with Samantha leaning on his shoulder. Hatred burned in Ana's veins as she watched them. That should be her with Nathan.

Some of the others members waved at Nathan and Samantha. She let go of Nathan, pecking him on the cheek before she left. Samantha continued her way with her friends. Nathan abruptly stopped at the detention's door, leaning slightly on the frame. Ana held her breath as she walked up to him.

"Hey, Ana. Would it be okay if you joined me in Club?" Nathan flashed his smile, melting Ana's heart immediately.

Ana tucked her blond hair behind her ear and grinned. "Yeah, of course." Nathan put his arm around her, leading the way. She wanted to be there for the rest of her life.

"I talked to your teacher. She said it was alright if you go to the Club instead of detention. Just as long as you check in. We will mark you for being there." Nathan explained. Ana didn't even bother trying to listen. She was to absorbed in his arm, she leaned in. Her hands were still around her stomach.

The club members smiled to Ana, one girl picked up a bean bag and motions for her to sit. Ana did not want to, but with a gentle push by Nathan she was forced to. She sat, pulling at her jacket to hide herself. Nathan stood there, like he was waiting for everyone to calm down.

Nathan cleared his throat softly. "Hello Purity Club members!"

"Hello, Nathan!" they sang. Ana looked around, all their eyes were fixed on her or him.

"Today we have a potential member, Anastasia Reynolds. Please make her feel as welcome as Jesus would." Ana mentally rolled her eyes. "Anastasia, would you please join this club, so we can as God's humble followers can help you from Satan's grip?" Ana's world crashed. She felt her cheeks grow hot from anger.

"Satan's grip?"

Samantha spoke up. "Yes from Satan's grip. It's sinful to indulge in things like alcohol and cigarettes. God will also send you to Hell if you do not stop your whore ways. We care about your soul, we do not want you to burn for eternity. Please join us so we can help you be Born Again."

Every bit of hate and anger swelled. Ana quickly stood, staring down the Purity Club. She honestly did expect this, but not with being called a whole. They were supposed to be Christians, being loving towards everyone. That is something Ana would never stand for. Ana snapped her head towards Samantha. Her eyes narrowed and the club could have sworn they heard her growl.

"Fuck, you, bitch." Ana said through her teeth. "I am not in Satan's grip for living like a human teenager. If your 'God' wants to send me to Hell for living, then fucking let him! I am happy with my life. It is not your business if I smoke, drink or even fuck." Her eyes switched to Nathan. He could read her face, he knew she was capable of telling their secret. Ana sighted, gaining back her control. She could never do that to him. "Fuck all you guys, I'm out of here."

Ana stepped over them as Samantha screamed, and the whole club went in an uproar. Ana smiled towards Nathan, grabbing his shirt as she walked. She had enough of the bullshit that was going on. She pretended for too long. Nathan stopped her from dragging him out the front doors with him.

"What the heck was that?!" Nathan asked, tossing his arms up. "I thought you wanted to join."

Ana crossed her arms, staring up at him. "I did, but not with that bitch telling me I'm going to Hell because I'm not a virgin." Nathan looked away, blushing. "It's something you aren't either!" Ana pointed out. He pushed her to the wall, leaning over her.

For the first time Ana felt scared around him. His eyes burned into her. "Do not bring that up. I am not like you. It was one time, it was a mistake." Nathan looked down, ashamed. Ana bit her lip. On one hand, she took his virginity, on the other, Nathan thought it was a mistake. She took up all the courage she had left in her and pressed her lips to his smooth, soft cheek.

"We share more than you think." She whispered into his ear. Ana wiggled out from Nathan's grip and walked out the front doors. He watched, his hand on where she kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please point out any mistakes

1,401 words.