No Clue Why You Left

Skeleton

"Addison," I breathed out happily, my fucking wife being the last person I would expect to be standing at my door in the old house.

"Hi Frank.. Can I come in?" I nodded, stepping aside to let her in. She nodded her thanks, going to sit at the dining room table. I followed close behind, careful not the scrape the chair's legs on the floor.

"So... What did you want to talk about?" I smiled. Maybe she was over Trent, maybe she had decided that it was all a huge fucking mistake. That we still loved each other. Her face remained emotionless, pulling a packet of paper from her bag with a pen.

Oh fuck. I felt my jaw go loose and my stomach tied into knots. Everything I had previously thought came crashing down around me, each shattering like glass in my mind's eye. I glanced back to the packet.

Fucking divorce papers.

Her face was sympathetic, green eyes trying to keep me from turning into a blubbering mess. "Oh." Was all I said.

"We rushed into it too fast Frank... I'm sorry. This packet says you still get visitation rights and the house and all the stuff in it since all my crap is at Trent's," She paused, allowing a weak smile on her lips. "You just have to sign where the little red flags are."

I nodded, picking up the pen with shaky hands. Each signature felt like I was signing my own death warrant.

Frank Iero.

Frank Iero.

Frank Anthony Thomas Iero Jr.

Frank Iero.

I pushed it back to her, forcing a small on my lips. "At least we're not fighting about the ownerships and stuff." She nodded. I honest to God wanted to fight about it. Maybe it would keep her in my life longer. I didn't want her to leave.

"I'll see you next time you come to see Brittney," She smiled, standing up and taking the papers in hand.

"Wait," I said, slipping off my wedding band. "Sell it for money, use it for Brittney.. please.." I sighed, stretching my fingers. It felt weird without it on. She nodded, slipping it into her pocket.

"And before I forget," She placed something small and white on the table. "Have a nice life Frank..." She smiled and was on her way, back to her perfect family life in Ohio while I was stuck in this big empty old house. Alone.

When the door closed I looked at what she had placed on the table, my heart breaking at the sight of it. Tear streamed down my cheeks as I picked it up. It was the small ribbon-ring I has tied around Addi's finger when I first proposed to her. I couldn't keep it in anymore as I held it in my hands. I full on sobbed, slipping out of the chair and hugging my knees to my chest. She had kept it this whole time. My heart was a thousand pieces. She had kept the first item of our official bond.

I felt dead on the inside, merely a broken skeleton with a ribbon noose.
♠ ♠ ♠
;______; Tears. omg