That Kid

Marker

Ever since the first time Gerard met Frank he hated him. His little brother Mikey had had a kid birthday were everyone from his kindergarten was invited. All the kids had been put to sleep in their sleeping bags on the living room floor, while the grown-ups sat in the kitchen and talked quietly.
Gerard had woken up from a tingling feeling on his face and when he opened his eyes he saw a little hazel eyed kid stand over him with a black marker. When he saw that Gerard was awake he gasped and ran to the other end of the room, hiding under his cover.
Gerard had confused looked after the kid and soon fell asleep after. The next morning he woke up with all his little brother’s friend standing over him with silly grins on their faces.

“What is it?” he muttered confused in his baby voice and sat up. The other kids started laughing and pointing their fingers at him. He pouted sadly and then saw his little brother coming running over to him with a small mirror that he handed him while frowning. He didn’t think it was funny when people made fun of his big brother.
Gerard took the mirror confused and looked down and saw an almost finished mustache painted over his lips and with round glasses drawn badly around his eyes. He let out a squeal and jumped up, running into the kitchen were his parents and Mrs. Toro was making breakfast.

“Momma!” he cried out and ran into his mother’s legs and hugged her tightly while burying his face in her dress. His mother, Donna, turned around and kneeled in front of him.

“What’s wrong hunny?” he asked the sobbing boy that now were hiding his face in his hands. “Bad boy with marker.” He choked out fast making his mother’s face turn in confusion. She took his hands and slowly removed them from his face and smiled slightly when she saw the black lines.

“Aaw, sweetie, don’t worry, we’ll get it right off.” She said smiling and Gerard slowly nodded. Donna stood up and held out her hand for her son. His little hand grabbed her and he they walked into the bathroom were she tried to clean it off. Gerard whined when she started to scrub hard making his skin slightly red.

“Ouch, momma!” he complained and Donna sighed defeated. “I’m sorry, baby, but I can’t get it off.” She almost whispered and Gerard dropped his jaw.

“Wha-what? No, momma, you can get it off, just rub off the skin..” Gerard muttered with tears building in his eyes.

“Aw, I can’t do that, you know that… Come on, it’s not that bad,- actually it’s pretty funny and funny is always good!” Donna said a bit too happy, trying to comfort her son.

“No momma, it’s baaad..” he sobbed and Donna sighed and wrapped her arms around his little frame. “Don’t you dare worry, sweetheart, you still look great! Now, come on, let’s go out to the others.” She smiled and carried her son into the living room where she sat him on the couch and gave him a kiss on the top of his head before leaving into the kitchen.
Gerard looked over the playing kids and sighed, if he did anything for them to notice him they would just make fun of him. He let his head drop and his black hair fell in front of his eyes.

He started humming quietly and suddenly he heard a giggle that made him shoot his head right up and saw a bunch of the children stand and giggle at him. He frowned and looked the other way and his eyes landed on a brown haired little boy. Gerard narrowed his eyes at him when he remembered that it was the kid that did draw on him. The kid looked up and met Gerard eyes and his big hazel eyes sparkled oddly.
Gerard stuck his tongue out at the boy that gasped at the insult and frowned while looking away sadly.
Gerard thought that he was a bad little boy that should never play with markers again. There went a whole week before the lines came off and mean while every other kid had been mean to him.
He was raging mad at the boy and it never stopped.

But little Frank saw it a whole other way. He had been over at his good friend Mikey’s house for the first time and he loved parties because it meant lots of candy.
He admired Mikey’s older brother and thought that he was really cool and then when waking up in the middle of the night he couldn’t sleep again. He had started walked around a little, but stayed in the living room so the adults wouldn’t find out that he was awake. He almost slipped in a marker and he then picked up. He was about to throw it to the floor again when he remembered that his older cousins would something draw on each other faces when they were asleep and then a play fight would start in the morning. As far as he knew it was something that big, cool boys did.
He smiled when walking over to Gerard because now maybe Gerard would think that he was cool and just as big a boy as he.
At first he just fast made two circles around Gerard’s eyes and then lines next to them so it looked like glasses. Then he had leaned proper over him and concentrated on the mustache. When the older boy flung his eyes up he gasped and without thinking he ran away and hid.

He next day he was shocked that the other kids laughed at Gerard, it was supposed to be cool. When he heard Gerard squeal he ran after him into the kitchen and stopped at the door frame were he watched Gerard cried out to his mother. He frowned when Gerard called him a bad kid and went into the living room and sat on a spot on the floor doing nothing. He ignored when the others asked if he wanted to play and started to space out. Suddenly he looked up and saw Gerard sit in the couch and stick his tongue at him. He was shocked that Gerard was so mean to him, he thought that Gerard would want to be friends. But it didn’t turn out that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't worry it's only in the beginning that they're this young..:3