That Kid

Monstertrucks

Gerard never talked to Frank after Mikey’s birthday party, but one day Donna and Frank’s mom, Linda, made a deal that Frank could stay over at them for a weekend because Frank’s parents were going away for the weekend to spend at a nice hotel. Frankie didn’t understand why he couldn’t go with them, but then again, he didn’t know he was created either.

When Frank’s mom dropped him off Friday Mikey ran into Frank for a big hug that send both of them over. The boys laughed uncontrolled while their parents just stood and shook their heads while smiling.
They said their goodbyes and Mikey followed Frank to Gerard room where he would be sleeping in Gerard bed while Gerard would join Mikey in his room.
Gerard frowned as the basement door to his room opened and his bespectacled little brother came in with Frank followed close behind. He had been yelling at his parents for having to let ‘some little kid’ use his room, but his father had set his foot down and Gerard knew he could just as well surrender.

He glared at the little boy that stood awkwardly and watched while Mikey pushed Gerard off the bed and swung Frank’s bag on it. Frank tried to give him a small smile but Gerard stuck his nose in the air and marched out of the room. Mikey rolled his eyes, “Don’t mind him, he just didn’t get his coffee earlier.” He muttered.

Frank stared amazed at Mikey “He drinks coffee?” Mikey nodded. “Wow…”

The whole day Gerard avoided Frank making him uneasy. He felt bad for just coming and taking his room, but he didn’t know what to do.
When dinner was ready Gerard sneaked slowly to his seat so he wouldn’t be noticed by Frank and Mikey that was playing with monster trucks. Frank smashed his truck hard into Mikey’s and accidently hit his finger making Mikey cry out. Frank quickly throwed the truck away and crawled over to Mikey and grabbed his hand, looking down at his red finger.

“Oow, I’m sorry Mikes!” Frank said and blowed on the wounded finger and then gave it a small kiss. “Better?” he asked and Mikey nodded wiped the tears away from his cheek. Frank smiled and soon after Donna came in and smiled down at the boys telling them to get up to the table. They did as told and when Donald put down the lasagna Gerard wrinkled his nose.

“It’s smells weird!” he said and stared at his mother. “That’s because it’s vegetarian, darling.” Donna said smiling and cut out a piece that he placed on Frank plate. “Little Frankie here doesn’t eat meat.” She explained and Frank nodded while smiling. Gerard moved his gaze to Frank with a disgusted look, “What’s wrong with eating meat?”

“Nothing sweetheart, it’s just...” Donna was cut off by Gerard, “Are you so special that you can’t eat meat like everyone else? Only weird kids does that.”

“Gerard!” Donald gasped and Gerard moves his face to his father. “Don’t you talk like that! There is absolutely nothing wrong or weird in not eating meat.” He said stern and smiled warmly to Frank that stared shocked at Gerard over his words.

“But why can’t he just eat what everyone else does? It’s because he is a bad kid, isn’t it?” Gerard said with furrowed eyebrows. Frank whimpered and crossed his arms over his chest having lost all his appetite.
“Gerard! Frank isn’t a bad kid!” Donna said pointing a warning finger at him. “But he hurt Mikey!” Gerard hissed and pointed at his little brother’s hand.

“It was an accident, Gee..” Mikey muttered. “HE’S A BAD BOY!” Gerard yelled and jumped out of his chair and stomped away, but not before sticking his tongue out at Frank.
Frank tried to hold back the tears as he watched the older Way brother run into Mikey’s room. Donna ran after him and you could hear their voices muffled though sometimes Gerard’s was louder when he said something bad about Frank.

“I’m so sorry Frank, Gerard just isn’t..” Donald started but Frank cut him off with his choked words, “It’s fine.” Donald sighed and picked up the knife and cut a new piece for Mikey.

Mikey looked over at him with a sad look. Suddenly Frank felt Mikey wrap his arms around him and gently shushed him. Frank smiled slightly and looked up at Mikey that smiled back.

The rest of the weekend Gerard didn’t say a word, he just glared at Frank with judging eyes. Frank felt his insides turn everytime.
♠ ♠ ♠
...