Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''Trust me''

There he stood face to face with me. My breathing ragged I looked down at my sister.

''Please..Don’t kill her'' My voice broke as he brought the knife to her throat. He didn't say anything. His face was concealed by a black mask. His body clad in all black as well. The only thing on him that stood out was the red embroidered phoenix on his arm.

''I'll give you anything you want..Please..Not my sister'' I begged as my sister started whimpering. ''What do you offer?'' He turned his head to me finally acknowledging me. I took a step forward and he picked Sasha by her hair up warning me to stay back. I took a step back putting my hands out in front of me for surrender.

''Myself..'' I said trying to placate him. ''What could I possibly do with you?''
''Your an assassin no?..I'm sure your here to kill us off as a warning to my step father right?..For political reasons?..You must also be lonely..I've heard assassins often are..Well take me and let my family live..'' I said with tears in my eyes. He tossed Sasha to my feet. she stood up clutching me crying.

''Don't do this'' She begged me. ''Sasha..Please..I need you to be quite. Don’t worry for me'' I soothed her softly. ''Shanell please..Don’t do this mom wi-'' ''Trust me'' I smiled lightly as I pried her hands off my arms. She grabbed the hem of my black t-shirt. ''Don't do this..I'm your older sister..You have to listen to me'' ''I love you..You know that..And I love Elena and Emilio and mom..it's why I have to do this'' I sighed as a surreal peacefulness came over me.

Calmly I pried her hands off my shirt and walked towards the man. ''Try anything and I'll kill you for the insolence'' He said gruffly as he grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me out the window from where he came. He led me over the edge of the second story and pulled me against him wrapping his arm around my waist and grappling down to the lawn. I looked up where Sasha stood in the window still crying. He pushed me foreword ''Keep moving'' He ordered and I nodded as he led me to a car. I climbed in the passenger seat and sat back as I watched him climb into the driver's seat. ''And why would I need you?'' He aimed a gun at me. I shrugged. ''I don't know..I cook and clean..I could be a maid or something..It’s up to you. I know I'm not the prettiest in my family..I'm a bit big compared to my skinny sister..But there is one thing I am that she's not'' ''and that is?'' he narrowed his gaze on me. The dark hood he wore had slits for his eyes.

''I'm useful..She can't cook or clean. She's lazy and she eats way too much. She's a burden. But just because I look like I live her life style I'm not..I cook I clean and I take care of the kids when my mother isn't there..And I protect my family no matter the cost..And since I know I can't kill you..Then I did the next best thing..Their lives over my freedom'' I said emotionless.

He lifted my chin with the tip of the gun ''Your name?'' ''Shanell..But everyone calls me Nani'' ''How old are you?'' ''Nineteen'' I trembled as he dragged the gun down my cheek to the hollow beneath my ear ''Last name?'' ''Does it matter?'' ''Yes'' ''Ruziano'' I sighed as I looked out of the corner of my eye to the gun. He pulled away and started the car.

''OK Shanell..You’ve got one week..If you can prove your use then I’ll let you live..If you slack off then I'll kill you'' ''Will you leave my family be?'' ''..I'll think about it'' He shrugged nonchalantly.

''Your name?'' I asked as I felt my ire at his casual tone over my family's demise. ''..Smith'' ''I take it it's not your real name but far be it for me to pry'' I sighed nodding. ''And I doubt you’re going to give me a last name..So OK'' I shrugged peeking over at him. He turned to look at me at the stop light ''What?'' he grumbled. I shrugged. ''Don't know..Just curious'' I said looking away as I drew my leg up and laid my chin on my knee. ''Go to sleep'' ''Why?..Taking me to some lair or something like that..Don’t want me to see where you live?''

I smirked. ''Maybe you live in a cave..Like batman or something..Or maybe you live-'' ''Go to sleep'' he grumbled ''Sheesh..'' I rolled my eyes closing them. ''So pushy'' I grumbled to myself. I heard something being pulled off and something soft drop in my lap. ''Cover your eyes'' ''Alright alright you know being a little nicer could go a long way'' I snorted as I picked up the silky material and held it against my eyes.

As I sat the rest of the drive with the material against my eyes I thought about my mom, my big sister, my little brother and little sister. Pain lacerated my heart. I might never see them again.
♠ ♠ ♠
well this is my first chapter i hope someone likes it :) its a little boring but i hope you think it gets better.