Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''You can tell a lot about a person from their dirty laundy''

Smith gave me Kyle and walked passed me. ''It's not like her to come here'' he was distracted. Landon nodded in agreement ''The last time she came personally to my place it was to inspect it''

''Well im staying out of it'' I shrugged going to our room. ''Matt's gone you can put his crib back'' Smith called to me. I nodded. ''OK'' I was glad the crib had wheels. I laid Kyle and
wheeled it back into my old room and turned the monitor on. but I doubt he'd cry since he was changed, fed, and burped. Mabe he'll even fall asleep. I leaned into the crib kissing his
forehead as he squeeled and cooed flailing his arms and legs. I went back downstairs straight to the kitchen ignoring the three in the livingroom, I really didn't want to get involved.

Miri was anoying and I wanted to spend a lot of time away from her. Landon walked in and held his belly ''I'm hungry'' ''Is she staying for dinner?'' ''I don't know'' he shrugged. ''I guess I'll ask, I want to be polite'' ''Don't waste your breath pincess-'' ''Oh hush'' I rolled my eyes. I walked out to the living room where Smith and Miri seemed to be having a stare down. They didn't say anything but just glare at eachother. The tension in the room was suffocating me.

''Dinner is ready..are you staying for dinner?'' I said with a polite smile. She glared at Smith for a few seconds before she looked to me. ''She's leaving'' Smith growled before she could say anything. I looked between them both surprised at the tension. Smith stood up and walked to me ''Baby why don't you go eat with Landon..I'll be there in a minute'' he whispered.

I looked over to Miri behind him and then back at him. I couldn't help but pin point a few similarities. I looked back over to her then back at Smith. He seemed to notice my observation because he looked at me with narrowed eyes. ''OK'' I nodded pecking his cheek. I was very curious. He cupped my cheek and his eyes lost the tension, ''I'll be there in a minute..go eat'' ''OK'' I nodded. I looked once more at Miri who was staring at us. She had the same pale blue eyes as Smith, the light blond hair although Smith's was a little bit darker, more of a sandy color. The same glare and tone of voice, sure his voice was deep and her's shrill and high pitched but they spoke the same way. All these similarities. Was Miri Smith's mother? Or aunt? Somthing? They had to be related it wasn't chance that someone looked and acted so much alike, but where Smith had a soft side this woman seemed to have none.

I placed my hand over his where it cupped my cheek and smiled encouraging at him ''Cerberus is in the bathroom let him out'' I said softly. He nodded leaning in pecking my lips then turning me and pushing me lightly to go to the kitchen. The tension returned to the room and I sighed. I wonder why there was so much anger and hate between them?

I went to the kitchen and sat down after serving Landon and myself. Not too soon after I sat down Kyle started wailing and Cerberus started barking. I went upstairs and calmed him. lifting him out of his crib rocking him. I brought him downstairs with me. Smith still sat on the couch glaring at Miri as they whispered angrily. I looked over to Miri as she suddenly stopped her angry whispers and stared at me with horror, it seemed as though her already pale face was bleached. ''My son'' Smith growled anoyed at her actions. ''When did yo-'' ''None of your damn business now if you've got nothing better to do then leave'' I walked passed them quietly. I didn't want to add to anymore of their argument. I laid Kyle in his carseat and finished my food after puting the pacifier in his mouth. Landon smirked at me ''So what do you think of her hotheadedness?'' he said sarcasticaly. ''She's rude'' I shrugged. ''Yeah that's our lovely boss'' ''If she's your boss then why are they arguing like equals?'' I narrowed my eyes at him. ''Smith said you knew, how much do you know?'' ''Know what?'' I shrugged. He leaned back in his chair smirking like a cheshire cat. ''Wise girl'' ''I like to live forgive me if I'm not stupid'' I rolled my eyes. ''So really how much do you know?'' ''I dont know your going to have to talk to Smith'' I shrugged.

''So you know alot?'' ''I don't know'' I shrugged again. ''So you know that the security guard bull crap is a cover?'' ''You just told me'' I smirked. ''What?'' he stood up almost looking as pale as a sheet. ''Relax Landon I suspected'' I snorted. I had to go along. ''How?'' ''Coming home with injuries? The irregular schedual, the uniform, the blades in his boots I'm not dumb my father trained me better than that'' I rolled my eyes. ''How long have you known?''

''Since I did his laundry'' ''What?'' ''You can tell a lot about a person from their dirty laundry'' ''Dirty laundry told you what we were?'' ''Perhaps..or perhaps you just confirmed my suspicion'' I smirked crossing my arms. He gulped looking tense then leaned in glaring at me ''I didn't tell you anything and if you know whats good for you you'll keep your pretty little mouth shut before you get your self killed'' ''I'm impressed, so the sheep skin comes off'' I sat back amused. His brown eyes were cold and unforgiving, seems like what Smith said about his little act was true. ''Shanell don't do this to yourself, I'm warning you'' ''Warn me all you want, I understand fully''

''Then why?'' ''Because we're all not who we seem, but I know your cards now it's time you figured mine'' ''What does that mean'' ''Exactly how it sounds'' I smirked. ''I don't like to be played with'' ''Neither do I, but if you leave me no choice then so be it. I don't like fake people'' ''Touche'' he nodded.

Smith returned with Cerberus on his heels. Miri must have left. ''How much does she
know?'' Landon asked Smith. Smith shrugged as he sat down with his plate. ''I need to know'' Landon growled getting anoyed. ''She won't say a damn word and each time I say somthing she sets me up'' he grumbled. Smith snorted at him ''Thats what you get for being an idiot'' ''Well?'' ''She knows everything'' ''I knew it'' ''Well it's hard hiding things from her'' he shrugged.

''I want the real story'' Landon crossed his arms. ''We've already told you'' ''I don't believe you for a second'' ''Why?'' I glared at him. ''The kid doesn't look anything like you'' ''Thats because
babies in their first few months look more like their father'' I growled. ''Just tell him'' Smith sighed. I looked to him wide eyed ''Well he'll find out one way or another if he was that curious'' He grumbled. ''Fine, he tried to kill my family, took me instead'' ''Then who's the kid?'' ''He's not mine, but he might as well be, I love him like he were my own''
''Women'' ''Shut up''

''Did you really go to Tabb? are you yanking my chain with that whole bullcrap story?'' ''No I really did use to live in Yorktown, I lived in runningman, but I never worked at the Foodlion'' I shrugged.

''You're a damn good liar, even the kid could pass off as yours'' ''The kid has a name and it's Kyle'' I growled. ''Then does that mean you and Smith aren't really together?'' he looked between us. ''It's none of your business'' Smith glared at him. He looked to me and I meshed my lips looking away.

''Oh come on, it's a simple question'' he banged a fist on the table. Kyle fussed at the
sudden loud noise. I glared at him and pulled Kyle from the carseat then put my dishes in the sink. ''Sorry'' Landon put his hands up. ''Damn right you better be sorry'' I grumbled as I laid Kyle's little head on my shoulder supporting his head with my hand and rocking him lightly. ''Yes we're together'' Smith sighed leaning back. ''When did that happen?'' ''Whats it to you?'' ''Curiosity'' he shrugged. ''I think you've asked enough'' ''I've known you since-'' ''I don't care do I ever ask you about your one nightstands? no so don't ask about my relationship''
''So it's a relationship'' Landon nodded slowly. ''Shut up landon'' Smith grumbled finishing his spaghetti. I brought the cheescake out and set it on the table ''How bout dessert?'' I interupted before the arguing could go on. ''nani sit down, your holding Kyle relax'' Smith stood up to get plates and forks. ''He fell asleep I'm going to put him in his crib anyway'' I shrugged. I went upstairs and laid Kyle down. I set the monitor and went back downstairs. Landon left after a while with files in his hands and a tubber wear full of spaghetti. He seemed to like it very much.
♠ ♠ ♠
well hope ya'll like it ^.^'' constructive criticism please and thank you for reading <3 <3 you guys are awesome dont forget that!!