Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''Come on I made oatmeal''

I took her to the guest room downstairs where Landon slept when he came over with Matt. I had cleaned the sheets since then and the room looked presentable and pristine. ''Holy shit I can sleep here?'' she looked at the big room with wide eyes. ''Yup..all yours the remote to the T.V. is in the nightstand'' ''OK'' ''Are you hungry? threes left over spaghetti from earlier'' ''Sure'' she nodded. I twisted my lips narrowing my eyes on her ''When was the last time you ate? I know you can cook but sometimes you're too lazy to'' ''I've been living off ramen and tangerines'' ''That's not very healthy'' ''I know..but like you said, lazy'' she giggled. Before she could step past me I held out my hand. ''What?'' ''You know what'' i grumbled shaking my hand.

She sighed reaching in her pocket and taking out the box of cigarettes I knew she always carried around. ''You know better'' I tapped her lightly on the head with the small box scolding her. ''Yeah yeah I know'' ''Come on lets get some real food in you'' I whisked her to the kitchen. As she ate I put Kyle in his crib and turned the monitor on. I joined Lina and made some tea, Not the Lipton crap, real rose hip tea with a hint of chamomile. ''Do you think he'll mind me staying here?'' ''No, just don't get on his bad side. He can be real testy but he's nice enough'' ''So he's a jerk?'' ''No, well to others he comes off as an asshole, to me he's a sweetheart. But that's when we're alone, for the most part he's just quiet he doesn't talk much'' I shrugged.

''Damn..I just realized it's been forever since I last saw you and facebook doesn't count'' she laughed. ''I know I've missed you and Becky but she's up at Radford so, yeah we only talk on the phone'' I shrugged. ''Now that you're here we have to go to Busch'' ''I have a baby'' ''There are people who you can pay that'll watch him..they are called baby sitters'' ''Smart ass''
''I'm just saying'' ''I don't trust anyone with my kids'' I shook my head. ''What about you're mom?'' ''She's in North Carolina'' ''You'er here by yourself? I thought ya'll moved back'' ''No just me'' ''Wow..you must be serious with this gu- wait didn't you say you moved in before you two were dating?'' ''Lina just drop it..it's too complicated and I can't tell you the whole truth because it's private stuff'' ''Oh my god he's in the Mafia isn't he? Are you kidnapped'' she whispered.

I slapped my hand over my face dragging it down. ''No'' I sighed. ''Oh OK'' she calmed down instantly. ''Let me get you some ice for that eye'' I got up and grabbed a Ziploc baggy and filled it with ice then wrapped it in a kitchen rag. She finished eating and we went to the living room and watched some movies.

''So why did he hit you this time'' I sighed as she poked around the swollen area. ''I pissed him off'' she sighed. ''Why are you with him?'' ''I love him'' ''How can you love someone who beats on you when he's drunk? If Smith ever did that I'd leave. If he'll hit you once he'll definitely hit you again and again. It's just the way of things'' ''But I've been with him
since sophomore year, he was never like this until he started drinking more'' ''Then keep all the booze away from him'' ''It's hard, enough about me..I'm curious about this guy. Smith..do you sleep in the same room with him?'' ''..Yes'' I shrugged. ''And he's never gotten a woody for you?'' ''I'm not talking about this'' I rolled my eyes. ''What?'' she said innocently. ''We are not having this conversation'' ''I wanna know-'' ''No'' ''But-'' ''No'' ''Inches-'' ''Stop!'' I shook my head wide eyed covering my ears. She laughed at my blush ''Aww you're so adorable when you blush'' ''Shut up'' I growled. ''But I'm curious..you can tell a lot about a guy by the size of his-'' ''You finish that sentence and your gonna have two black eyes'' I sighed. ''What? it's true'' ''No it's not, the size of his heart is what matters, not his john or wallet..at least to me it doesn't matter'' ''Oh he's a small guy isn't he'' she sighed pitifully. ''No he's not'' ''So he's big'' ''Err I'm not answering any more'' I said incredulously. ''Fine Fine'' ''You are so perverted you know that?'' ''Yes but you love me anyway'' she grinned. I rolled my eyes nodding. She laid her head in my lap and we continued watching the movie that was on. I fell asleep soon after only to wake up to Kyle crying.

I scooted out from under Lina and laid her head carefully on a pillow then went to Kyle. It was three in the morning he wanted to eat. I fed him then rocked him back to sleep and grabbed a blanket and covered Lina. I couldn't sleep again for some reason, I was a bit worried for Smith but I knew he would be OK. I guess it was just he'd never been away this long before. It felt odd, so I sat on the recliner and watched T.V. I finally fell asleep about an hour later only to wake up to Cerberus whining beside me licking my hand. The sun was up and it was seven in the morning.

I got up cracking my spine then letting Cerberus out. I went upstairs took a shower and dressed in jeans and a tank top then went back down to make breakfast. Kyle and Lina were still asleep. I was out in the backyard drinking some tea when Smith poked his head in the door way. ''Morning'' he said quietly. I smiled and went up to him ''Hey'' I kissed his cheek. ''Who's on the couch?'' he pointed a thumb behind him. ''My friend Lina, her boyfriend beat on her so I brought her here. You don't mind do you?'' ''No'' ''Thanks, I'd have just left her home but her parents are in Nam'' ''Why?'' ''Family'' ''Oh'' he nodded. ''Baby go to sleep you look exhausted'' I cupped his cheek. His eyes drooped a little and he slumped as if he were carrying a heavy weight on his shoulders.

I held the mug of warm chamomile to him and he took a sip ''I've got to take a shower first I smell like soot and sweat'' he sniffed himself. ''Oh yes you know the right words to make a woman pant'' I smiled sarcastically. He snorted putting an arm around me ''I'm so tired'' he yawned laying his head on my shoulder. ''Come on off to bed'' I half dragged him along into the kitchen, set my cup down, then helped him to the room. he laid on the bed with a groan and kicked off his boots. ''Shower first'' he groaned to himself as he sat up.

He shrugged off his jacket and I took it and hung it in the closet. He removed the rest of his clothes then shuffled his tired feet to the shower. I almost felt bad for him. Poor thing. I went downstairs and Lina was yawning as she woke up. She cracked her neck then smiled groggily at me ''Hi there'' she waved a tired hand. ''Come on I made oatmeal'' I laughed. She got up and went to the kitchen with me and poured herself some tea. I made some bacon and pancakes to go with it and sure enough Smith, hungry as a bear, came downstairs. He dropped into his chair and laid his head on the cold granite counter. ''Lina this is Smith, Smith this is Lina'' I introduced flipping the pancakes. Even with how tired and drowsy Smith seemed I knew he was eying Lina suspiciously. It was usually expected.

I set a plate in front of him and he ate it down like no tomorrow. Lina just seemed to look at him wide eyed. She was intimidated. I'd seen that look before.

When Smith was done eating I held out my hand ''Phone'' I said expectantly. ''But-'' ''No buts, you're exhausted. When was the last time you got a full nights sleep?'' ''..A few days ago''
he grumbled. ''Mhmm, and your going to rest. It's not good for your injuries. I let you go last night but today you're not allowed any work. Now give me your phone'' I demanded. He sighed rummaging in his pocket and pulling out the simple little black CIA issued phone.

I kissed his head and smiled ''You'll thank me later when you're not falling asleep on your pancakes'' I giggled. ''You hate me'' he grumbled. ''I don't hate you and you know it, I'm doing it for your health'' I argued. He put his arm around my waist and looked up at me laying his chin on my chest.

''I got you something'' ''What? Why?'' ''I thought you might like it'' he shrugged going through his pocket again. He pulled out a little black jewelry box and opened it. Inside there was a little
charm bracelet made of gold. The little charms that hung from it tinkled with each move of the box like little bells when they hit each other. The charms were a small fairy, a four leaf clover, a forget me not flower, a heart, and leaf. It was so beautifully adorned yet so simple. I couldn't do anything but stare at it. ''Smith you shouldn't have'' I smiled at him. ''I thought it was pretty, I thought you might like it'' he shrugged. ''I love it thank you'' I hugged him. He clasped it to my wrist and I kissed him ''Thank you'' ''Awww you two are so adorable'' Lina giggled.

I meshed my lips blushing because I forgot she was there. ''Shut up Li'' i giggled smiling at her. She winked at me ''I'll take the kid if you two want some alone-'' ''No he's going to sleep, he's about to knock out'' I laughed. He nodded standing up. ''Miri might call'' ''And I'll tell her to shove it until you're up and well'' I said amused. He pecked my lips one last time then shuffled his tired feet back upstairs, this time with a full belly.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah. my Lina...if only she wasn't so blunt and curious..sigh I'm seriously not joking when i say Lina is based off a very good friend of mine ^.^