Status: all done :)

Dirty Laundry

''Would it be so bad?''

''How do you know what to do?'' he hovered around curiously.
''I helped my mom with my little brother and sister. Can you feed him so I can take a shower and change?'' I asked. He looked at Kyle wide eyed. ''Please?'' I asked. He gulped holding out his arms. I gave Kyle to him and he seemed a bit awkward. I moved his elbow up. ''You have to support his head, he's too small to support it by himself''.

Once I was sure smith was OK with Kyle I went upstairs and took a quick shower washing my hair then dressed in Sofie's and a tank top. I went back downstairs and Kyle was crying. Smith seemed at a loss of words as he rocked him and shhed him. I meshed my lips as I walked up to him and took Kyle. I put a small cloth on my shoulder and burped him.

''Is that what he wanted?'' ''Gas gets trapped in babies. You gotta help em out. You've never been near a baby have you?'' ''No'' ''Thats OK. Most men don't like the idea of children'' I snorted. Kyle burped spitting up a little and I cleaned his mouth. I grabbed the little changing mat and went to the kitchen and laid kyle by the sink. I gave him a bath carefully and frowned at the severe rash he had. I shook my head disappointed. For a mother who cared for her son she didn't't take good care of him. But who am I to judge. All i can do now is nurse him back to health.

Before I put a new diaper on him I rubbed some diaper cream and rubbed baby lotion on his skin. I combed through his soft hair and wrapped him in the blanket since the little pajamas he had on were dirty. I also washed the blanket that smith brought him in since it had splatters of blood on it.

Cerberus seemed to be curious about Kyle. I found it adorable. I let him sniff Kyle so he'd get used to the baby. Once he was used to him he seemed to back off and watch closely.

''look at you, your so cute'' I cooed at Kyle. He flailed his arms and kicked his legs kicking off the blanket. I laughed re-wrapping him and laying him on my lap. He cried out kicking more. He was a lively baby. The color was returning to his cheeks with each feeding and he seemed to look healthier and healthier.

''I'm going to get a crib'' Smith grabbed his keys. ''OK' I nodded as I tried to put Kyle down for a nap. It was three in the afternoon and he was active all day since Smith brought him.

I laid him in my bed and made a barrier with pillows so he wouldn't fall. Smith came home later with a crib, a car seat, and a baby monitor. ''I'm surprised'' I giggled ''The lady told me what I'd need'' ''oh..still surprised though'' I helped him carry the crib upstairs. Kyle woke up and when we walked in my room to set up the crib he was staring at the ceiling cooing to himself. He kicked off his blanket and moved freely. I laughed walking over to him
''Look at you'' I cooed picking him up ''You kicked off your blanket'' I giggled kissing his head as I re-wrapped him in his blanket so he wouldn't get sick. Smith set the crib up and watched me with Kyle. his little hands reached for my face and touched my chin. I kissed his little hands as I rocked him and sung to him. He cooed happily in my arms.

I laid him back on my bed and kissed his forehead then turned to help Smith.
''You've attached to him'' ''..He's a baby..I love babies'' ''You want one'' It wasn't't a question. ''If I find the right guy and marry him..yeah'' I shrugged. ''If?'' ''Well I never could picture my
self marrying anyone..I'm a bit too..eccentric. I don't think guys find that attractive''
I snorted. ''Why not?'' ''Most guys like normality..blonds with big boobs and small waists..and submission..I'm neither three'' ''That's not true'' I rolled my eyes. ''Oh really? Enlighten me Smithy, Whats your type of woman?'' ''Don't know I'll tell you when I meet her''

After the crib was set and the blankets were laid out I lifted Kyle and put him in. He fussed for a few minutes but then got used to it and settled into a deep sleep. Smith set the baby monitor and I went downstairs to start dinner.

''So..what do I do with Kyle?'' Smith was sitting at the kitchen island. ''You tell me'' I shrugged as I cut up chicken and seasoned it. ''Do you want to adopt him?'' He asked. I paused and meshed my lips. ''It'd be nice but I don't have the means to support him'' ''What if we adopt him together?. We've already put up the charade that you're my girlfriend who's to say we don't have a son?'' ''He doesn't't look anything like you he's got dark hair and dark eyes, you've got blond hair blue eyes'' ''Then he could be your kid my adoptive son'' ''Wait. No cuz then it implies I'm married to you'' ''Would it be so bad?'' He snorted. ''I barely know you yeah it's bad'' ''Then we'll find him a new home'' ''If that's the right thing to do'' I hesitated. ''You don't want to give him up'' ''Do what you want. You brought him you can easily take him somewhere else'' I shrugged.

''But you seem to like him and he's comfortable with you'' ''Loving an infant isn't't the hard part. It's letting them go. But if its for the right thing then it has to be done'' ''Lets adopt him'' ''Are you sure?'' I asked. He shrugged ''His mother asked me to take him. I don't know anyone who wants a child and I've been in a home before. Its not the best place'' ''Well I'm sure homes have changed since then'' ''I guess. But I just don't like the thought''

''Sweetie if you don't want to give the baby up then adopt him..It's up to you'' ''You don't get it. Being in a home. They teach you things but they don't give you what you need. A family. I was never adopted and I don't want him to go through the same shit that I went through'' ''OK then. We'll adopt him'' I paused to look at him. He nodded.

I made aroz con pollo, we ate in silence again. As I did the dishes Kyle woke up. ''Smith can you feed him?'' I called since he was in the living room. He came into the kitchen and I pointed to the fridge ''I already made a bottle just warm it up..ten seconds'' I directed with soapy fingers. He nodded putting the bottle in the microwave then walking upstairs.
Kyle stopped crying.

I finished the dishes and walked out to the living room to find Smith feeding him on the couch. ''I'll put together the adoption papers''. Smith said over his shoulder. ''OK..who's name is he going to take?'' ''..Mine'' he said hesitantly. i raised my brows ''OK'' I nodded. ''What will his first name be?'' He asked. ''Keep Kyle. His mother may be dead but he deserves something from her'' ''OK''.

I was curious what his last name was. ''..Curiosity. What is your last name?'' I asked. ''Kentigem'' ''Is Smith your real name?'' ''No'' ''Should've guessed as much'' I rolled my eyes. I walked over to the couch ''You want me to take him?'' I asked. he shook his head. ''Nah..I'm good'' ''Well I've got to change his diaper'' ''He doesn't stink'' ''He has a diaper rash..it's pretty severe I want to put some ointment on it'' ''Oh'' I bent down and took Kyle ''Hey there baby boy'' I smiled as I took him upstairs and changed his diaper on my bed and re-applied ointment. I brought him back downstairs and gave him to smith. ''You seem to have taken a liking to Kyle'' I smiled as I sat in the armchair. All the chores were done and I had nothing more to do except watch TV.

Smith didn't say anything to my comment. He laid on the couch with Kyle on his chest patting his back lightly. I could see it every time Smith lifted his face to look at Kyle
that he liked the infant. I turned my gaze back to the TV and drew my knees to my chest.

Before I knew it I was out like a light snuggled on the armchair.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys thanks for reading :) you guys are great. i hope you like it :D