A New Life for Hope

Chapter Five

I landed in New Jersey very late, getting off the plane to a black city night, a night that might have been somewhat scary if I hadn’t been in such a daze.
I numbly hailed a taxi and directed him to the address of the hotel where I had been told to meet my father.
Standing alone in the lobby, and feeling more than a little lost, I asked the clerk if anyone was waiting for a Hope Smith.
After a moment, I was told that a man named Gerard was waiting in the cafeteria for me.
I took a second, and a deep breath, before walking into the room.
The room was virtually empty, being the time of night - or morning - that it was.
An old couple were sitting to one side, talking, and in a dark corner opposite them was a man, with a very definite appearance of waiting.
I cautiously walked up to his table, something familiar itching at my tired mind, but I was too tired to see properly, let alone think hard about anything.
“Uh... Gerard?” I stood beside the table, as the man looked up.
“Hope?”
I started to weep, from tiredness and emotion; unable to control myself.
“Here, sit down - you look tired.”
I sat down next to him, relieved to have the company, detached from the moment though I was.
Through my tears, I found I had been passed a cool glass of water, and took a few sips; I was exhausted, and needed a moment to rest before my brain could start thinking again.
My tears abating for a moment, I looked over at my father, the strange familiarity appearing again, before suddenly taking shape.
“Hang on - Gerard, as in Gerard Way…?! You’re my…”
He nodded, slightly bemused, but by then I could already feel myself falling asleep, or passing out, whichever it was.
The last thing I remember was Gerard calling my name as I fell to the cold, hard floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow, didnt see that one coming, did you? 0-0
short chapter, big twist. enjoy xD