Status: the very first proper story i ever wrote, about three years ago... its cute. enjoy :3

My Dark Angel

The First Day of the rest of my Life

I had a few days to settle in before I had to go to work, and it was great that my shift was on two - up with Kit, because even If we didn’t hang out all the time it meant he could show me around and help me out. I was worried I would be incapable of doing the job properly, and glad there was someone I knew to show me the ropes. I was still unsure, though. I worried my way through Friday morning, and by the time we actually arrived after lunch I was so anxious I had to stop a while outside the store and catch my breath. After I had calmed down, we went into the office to sign in. Eran was there again, signing out as we signed in. ‘Have a good shift, guys.’ He left quickly, obviously needing to be somewhere else.
We got settled behind the bench, and before anyone turned up, Kit showed me around. ‘This area has all the mainstream comics and stuff on display,’ he said as we walked through the main body of the shop, ‘and in the back room is the rare or valuable ones - and the ones people don’t usually buy. Have you got everything so far?’ I nodded, and we walked back to the front desk, where he showed me how to work the register. ‘Usually if there are two people on shift they take turns being at the desk and helping customers on the floor. That’s about it.’ I was glad there wasn’t anything very confusing or complicated to learn; in fact, so far it had seemed easy enough. I wasn’t keen on the talking to customers’ part, though.
Our first customer, a young boy with glasses, which he kept pushing up, came in about twenty minutes later. He wandered around, looking through the shelves, before coming over to the register with an early X - men comic. Before he got there, Kit whispered some helpful hints. ‘Just smile and ask if there’s anything else. Take the money and give him the change and you’ll be right.’ With a reassuring pat on the arm, he stepped back and I was on my own. ‘Is that all?’ I asked the boy, who seemed more nervous than I was. ‘Yeah.’ He spent a few minutes to count out the money exactly, so luckily I didn’t have to count change, and then he left. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled, knowing that at the very least I hadn’t done a terrible job. Kit was praising; ‘Great work - you’re a natural.’ ‘Couldn’t do it without you.’ If he was going to start being soft I could do the same. Besides, I really couldn’t have done it without his help.
The next three and a half hours passed without a glitch, and I got the hang of things quickly. By the time we got home, I realised I was exhausted, and that I had just finished my first day of paid work. ‘Congratulations, Lena.’ I whispered to myself as I lay in bed. Before long, I was fast asleep, and lost in dreams about my whole life - one full of freedom and wonder, ahead of me. It was a bright and opportunity - filled future I saw. Life was looking up at last.
♠ ♠ ♠
so, its the end :'(
i hope you enjoyed the story, and subscribe if you liked it, cuz one day i might write a sequel.
until then ive got a few other stories that im trying to finish -- none like this, but all different types -- so feel free to read and comment on them as well :)
i loves you all, little readery pets... ^.^ (dont ask, randomness...)