Status: Trying my best to keep updates coming. Comments?

Away From Everything We Fear

Tells me I shouldn't leave

Lacey:

“I feel like I’m in high school again.” John whispered. He stood close behind me, his fingers rubbing circles into my arm as I searched for my house keys.

After finding my keys, I tugged on his hand bringing him to the front door. “You don’t have to whisper.” I told him in normal volume.

He crouched down and looked around, pretending to hide. I let out a laugh. “Seriously John, you don’t have to do that.”

He stood up straighter with a look of disappointment on his face. “You ruin all my fun. Besides I thought you lived with your parents?”

I didn’t feel like explaining my living situation to John; it was way too strange. Instead I just told him how this was the guest house. I unlocked the door and led him in immediately turning on the lights.

“Oh, I see.” His eyes flickered with excitement before he turned off the lights that I had just turned on.

This was all too crazy, the way our feelings arose so quickly, but I liked it. Everything happened so fast that I didn’t even have time to think about it.

I could only see the outline of his body as he took a step closer towards me, his arms slipping themselves around my waist bringing me into him. He leaned down kissing me softly, a slight hesitation to his movements. I pressed my lips against his roughly, telling him it was okay. Then, he moved his hands from the small of my back slowly up to my shoulders pressing my body closer to until one hand rested on my shoulder and the other was tangled in my hair at the back of my neck as our kiss deepened.

My hands tugged at his shirt aggressively, pulling on the thin fabric, desperate to feel the skin that it’s covering. I felt a shiver go down my spine as his hands snaked up the back of my shirt, his warm fingers undoing the clasp of my bra. We broke apart. John took off his shirt quickly and lifted mine over my head, my bra falling from my body in the process.

Our bare bodies rushed together, closing the space between us. John lifted me up burying his face in my neck, nibbling on my sensitive skin. Breathlessly, I directed him to my room. We paused in the hallway, John pushing me up against the wall, the coldness of it making goose bumps emerge on my arms. He squirmed in between my legs as if he wanted to be even closer to me than we already were. I unwrapped my legs from around him and set my feet on the ground. I pressed my shaky hands to his bare chest and pushed him away letting my hand fall to grab his hand, pulling him into my bedroom, onto my bed.

I fell onto my back and pulled him on top of me. His hands went to my sides and he leaned down to kiss my stomach, his kisses getting lighter and lighter as he moved down. He paused at the top of my jean shorts. He titled his head up, his eyes lifted to mine and I felt the tiniest bit of stubble from his chin rub on my stomach. He grinned at me before unzipping my jeans and pulling them to my feet until I kicked them off completely.

My hands went to his jeans next just wanting them off already. My small hands fumbled with the zipper until John just did it himself. Once they were off my hand went around him pulling on it. I let out a giggle despite the situation.

John’s kisses tickled my skin. “Oh God, don’t laugh.” He said into my neck, a laugh of his own coming from his mouth. “I feel like all my confidence is slipping down the drain.”

He groaned at my touch forgetting all about his ‘lack of confidence’.

My eyes clenched shut tightly and I bit my lip as he entered me. He moved slowly at first, but picked up the pace with each thrust, our hips grinding against each other. I bit down harder on my lip trying to keep a moan from escaping my lips, but it was no use. My nails dug into his back losing myself in the movement. My back arched as I got closer and closer until my back fell back against my bed sheets, a shudder running through my body.

John fell onto the bed next to me. He kissed my shoulder lightly. I turned my tired eyes on him, barely able to see his features except for those that were illuminated by the moon light shining on our glistening bodies.

Image


John:

I woke up and a smile broke out across my lips at the memory of last night. I turned to look at Lacey only to see an empty bed. I frowned getting up quickly. I saw my clothes from last night in a neat pile on her dresser. I threw my clothes on before walking through the house I hadn’t paid attention to last night.

There wasn’t much to see. The walls were bare from holding any family pictures or decorations. Then I remembered that Lacey said this was a guest house, but then why was her bedroom so… roomy? I walked into the living room that connected to the kitchen. There was the smell of coffee in the air. My eyes landed on Lacey. She was sitting on a bench that jutted out from the wall. From where I was she looked like she was watching something, but as I got closer I could see that her eyes were closed.

Stirring at the sound of my feet hitting the tile floor, Lacey turned in my direction, her eyes taking me in before a small smile spread across her face. “Morning.”

She turned back toward the window, a faint blush across her cheeks. I scratched the back of my neck. I didn’t know what to do or say, but I didn’t want things to be awkward. Finally, I decided to sit behind her and put my arms around her. I rested my chin on her shoulder.

What are you looking at?

She let out a serene sigh. “I was watching the sunrise, but as you can see the sun rose like over an hour ago.” She turned around so that he face was inches away from mine. I liked how it just felt natural being next to her. I leaned in and kissed her lips lightly.

She pulled away and looked me in the eyes, “Are you hungry? Do you want coffee or anything?”

“I’m not really a breakfast eater, but I’ll take some coffee.” She went to get up, but I tightened my arms around her. She squirmed in my arms trying to get free.

She laughed in my arms. “John, I thought you wanted coffee!”

“I want you here in my arms longer.” I told her simply.

“Fine, you just won’t get your coffee then.” She snuggled closer into me, laying her head on my shoulder. “Oh no.”

“What?”

But her eyes were focused on something outside the window. She stood up quickly and I let her. She looked back at me with wide eyes, “I completely forgot that I agreed to babysit my cousins today and my mom’s bringing them now. You have to hide. Just…just wait in my room until she leaves, okay?”

She looked absolutely terrified. So I left quickly, slipping into her bedroom when I heard the front door open.

“Hey, mom.” I heard Lacey say brightly.

“Why do you look so tired? You weren’t out late were you? I told you that you had to watch Zack and Izzy today.” Her mom was immediately bombarding her with questions.

Lacey sighed, “I know mom. Hey Zacky. Hey Izzy. You guys ready to have some fun today?”

I could hear their squeals of laughter. Very carefully I peered out of her bedroom door to see, a woman that looked exactly like Lacey, and two small children hugging Lacey’s legs.

“We’ll be fine mom, really. I’ve taken care of them plenty of times before.”

“I know, I know.” She told her daughter. She looked down at the kids one last time before making her way toward the door. “Ok well, I’ll take them back to Anne’s later this afternoon.”

“Sounds good. Bye mom. I’ll see you later.”

As soon as her mom was out the door. I walked out to where Lacey was leading the kids to the couch to watch t.v. After the kids had decided on a cartoon to watch, she turned back to me with apologies immediately leaving her mouth.

“I’m so sorry. I completely forgot they were coming. I should have never brought you here.”

I stopped her. “It’s okay really. I don’t mind. It’s not like I had anything better to do today.”

“Who’s that?” We turned to the two children peering over the couch at us curiously.

“John this is Isabelle and Zachary. Izzy, Zack, this is John my—”

“Her boyfriend.” I finished for her with a smirk.

“Ick, that’s gross.” Zack said followed by a small infectious giggle from Izzy, but Lacey was just staring at me, a slow smile forming.

She turned back to them. “Is it alright if he helps me babysit you guys? But you have to promise to keep it a secret from my mom.”

“We like secrets!” Izzy and Zack squealed excitedly.

She went to the couch beside them. “Okay, but you have to promise that this will just be our little secret.”

They nodded eagerly.

She held up a pinkie, “Pinkie promise.” Then I knew why she had done that last night. It must have just been something she was used to. They wound their tiny pinkies one at a time. First was Zack, while still holding pinkies she twisted their arms so that her fist was in front of him and his was in front of her. “Now, kiss it to show me you mean it.” They kissed each other’s hand before she repeated the process with Izzy.

I eyed her little routine with amusement.

She looked up at me in embarrassment. “Don’t laugh. It’s something I’ve done since I was little.”

“I’m not laughing.” I told honestly despite the smile growing on my lips. “I think it’s cute.”

She raised an eyebrow, “Seriously?”

I nodded. “I would never lie to you.”

She looked up at me extending a pinkie. “Promise?”

With a grin I laced my pinkie with hers before she intertwined our arms. “Kiss it?”

Very slowly while keep our eyes on each other, I leaned down and pressed my lips against her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
*I've been out of it today, but shit guys, I turn eighteen in one hour!

*Thank you to everyone who's reading this :) I haven't had time to respond to comments but I will soon. Thank you:

kmcguire
AllTimeLowMCR
liar's lane.
insideofyou