Status: Will try hard. No promises.

Snakes and Secrets

Consequences

CONSEQUENCES

*2 days later*

December 4th

Operation: Flying Colors

No one knew what happened. It was random. Could’ve been anyone really. Anyone could’ve raised their wand and changed the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch robes Gryffindor and Slytherin colors. Or to pink and purple. Or flashing rainbow tie-dye.

Really could’ve been anyone.

But when the entire school’s robes started to change it wasn’t so funny anymore. Hufflepuffs were now in Blue and Bronze! Ravenclaws in Red and Gold! Gryffindors in (gasp! The Horror!) Green and Silver! And Slytherins… well …lets just say they wouldn’t be teasing the Hufflepuffs for a while…the other houses took pictures.

Minerva complemented on Severus’s new wardrobe and how he looked absolutely dashing in yellow. Severus mumbled something about looking like a bumblebee and ran a hand through is grayish hair. It was the most he’s ever washed his hair in years. It looked considerably softer and nicer but the pink had faded and clashed with his black hair giving him hair the color of faded cement. It made him feel old.

People suspected Draco of committing the prank even though witnesses say they never saw him take out his wand. Dumbledore, to ease tempers sent Draco to Minerva’s office so no one could accuse Snape of favoritism. (Like they would dare accuse him anyway)

Minerva had the youth sit down and Draco accepted the tea knowing it was most likely laced with a small dose of Veritaserum.

“No Professor I did not spell those robes.”

“No professor I did not take out my wand”

“No ma’am I did not see anyone do it”

“Yes professor I was in my room last night”

“No ma’am I do not know who spelled those robes”

No professor you do not need to know the potion I used. No professor you do not need to know that I had peeves sprinkle the dried potion powder into all the students’ wardrobes. No professor you do not need to know that it was activated by light sprinkle of rain that arrived in the middle of the game.

“Yes professor I’ll set a good example”

“Yes ma’am I’ll be good.”

“Yes I promise”

“Yes ma’am you can trust me”

“Really Professor…It could’ve been anyone.”

~*~

Harry trapped Draco in the hallway before dinner. He leaned on the wall behind the smaller boy so Draco was caged in. “I know it was you” Draco leaned against the wall he was trapped against. “What are you going on about now?”

Harry licked his lips. He didn’t have any proof but he was pretty sure. “You bewitched the Quidditch robes.” Draco followed the moment of Harry’s tongue with his eyes and suddenly really wanted to make Harry nervous so he would do that again.

“Maybe I did. Maybe I didn’t. You have no proof though. Your detective skills are a little rusty. But maybe I should give you a medal for effort.” Harry scowled and pushed against the wall away from Draco. It was the last thing Draco wanted. “Wait”

Harry stopped and looked down at him. He hated people looking down on him but with Harry it seemed as though he was getting his full attention. “Join me”

“What?” Harry leaned forward

Draco took on that look that he reserved only for Harry. A mixture of amusement, mocking coyness and irritation. “You’re bored Harry aren’t you? You’re not much of a thinker. You need something to get your hands dirty.”

“How do you know so much about me?”

“You can’t deny that we’ve been obsessed with each other for years. And if you stop and think you’ll realize that we have more in common than you’d like to believe. How much of your true self have you hidden for all these years? I want to break that shell. I tried for years with insults and jibs trying to get your attention. I’m not your friend Harry and I’m not your enemy. Go on then. Take a chance on a Slytherin.” He voice was a purr now. A soft persuading sound that made Harry’s head go fuzzy. “What have you got to loose?”

Harry looked at the outstretched hand and made no move to grab it but instead looked into silver eyes filled with mirth and…lust. He licked his lips again. “You’re insane”

“That would explain a lot then wouldn’t it?” Silver eyes dulled to a somber grey. “I’ve been hoping I was insane for a long time now. Hoping that the reality I faced wasn’t real and that the shit I went through was only in my head. You know that feeling don’t you? That makes you insane too.”

Harry jerked back like he’d been stung. How the hell did Draco know all this stuff? All the things he’d only just realized about himself. It was surreal.

He just noticed that Draco had continued to speak and like the sick, sick fuck that he was he leaned forward to listen to the antagonizing purr and hung on every word. “You have been hunted since you were born. And then trapped in a place where you were hated to only be thrust onto a throne. Caged in by all the expectations. Don’t you want to break free? Have a little fun before the War breaks out? An old friend of mine is back and wants me anyway he can get me. We are targets Harry. We’re targets. We’re insane and we’re bored. Let’s go out in style.”

To his horror the idea was getting harder to refuse. As was other things. The purr was driving him crazy and the little voice inside him kept telling him this was going to blow up in his face like one of Neville’s caldrons. But honestly Draco was right. No one else had even come close to understanding him. His deepest dirtiest desires to his regrets and fantasies. Free. That damn word. To be normal. Or as normal as he can get. A relationship with someone just as damned to Hell as he was. But…when was the last time he’d had fun? A real good time?

“I’m going to regret this while having the greatest fucking time of my life, aren’t I?”

Draco smiled like a snake. “Odds are you’re going to regret it” He stepped closer so they were face to face. Green and silver orbs locked. Tension rose through the air in waves. And magic seemed to flicker in the space around them. “I know for a fact that you’re going to shake my hand Potter.”

“How?” his voice had gone suddenly scratchy.

“Because you thrive on taking risks. It’s a chance; a gamble. You love the adrenaline and thrill streaking through your veins. The pounding of your heart and the blood in your ears. You get off on it. You crave the rush. You aren’t scared of being burned. You’d do anything. Anything at all to stop being bored. He tilted he mouth up as an offering. Tempting pale pink lips brushed over his. “You aren’t bored now are you?”

Harry gave in. “No” just barley escaped before he crashed his mouth onto his and snogged his enemy hard. The ferret-like, egocentric, pureblooded outcast’s, flamboyantly homosexual, irritatingly gorgeous, infuriating well-groomed evil git who was soon to be Hogwarts most wanted delinquent was being kissed within an inch of his life by Harry Potter. And Draco kissed back as hard as he could. Harry Potter snogged Draco Malfoy. Draco Malfoy snogged Harry Potter. It was like anything could happen now. Neville could pass potions. Snape could fall in love.

Anything could happen with that kiss. But it couldn’t be really called a kiss. It was not sweet or fluffy but hot and hard and a sultry. It was a release of all the growing tensions, desires, needs and frustrations. It was a steamy escape. And then it stopped. Draco leaned forward with a growl his normally sharp mind not quite understanding why it ended. He blinked once, twice and saw Harry’s smug smile and emerald green eyes. Slytherin green. He realized. A rich deep Slytherin green.

His mind then jump started and he flew backwards shocked at his own behavior. “Hey” Harry turned the tables and started to beat Draco at his own game using that same low purr. Only his was deeper, richer, and sounded like it was filled with dark promises. Or maybe it was just Draco. “Bad Draco. Bad boy. No running away. You offered. You pay the price. ” He trapped him against the wall, bodies touching and Draco’s mind did that faltering thing again.

“W-What the Hell was that?”

A smile. Flash of white teeth and Draco cursed himself for his own weakness. But Damn him! Damn Harry bloody Potter for reducing him to this with just a kiss! For making him so hot and driving him mad with need. The tingling on his lips wouldn’t go away. “It was a gamble.” Came the husky reply and Draco shivered.

He decided he’d had enough with standing around and he leaned forward, wanting to turn the tables on his bold Gryffindor. “How did you know you would win? How did you know I wasn’t just pretending?” Stupid questions he knew but if he could just get Harry to stay there a little bit longer… “You’re the smart one Draco. You ask me.” Draco studied the tan column of his neck and darted his tongue out to lick the pulse, fascinated with the little sound Harry made.

Harry pulled back and Draco found himself pouting that his toy was taken away. Harry laughed, nipped the blonde’s lip and shook his hand. “You’ve got a deal. Pleasure doing business with you Malfoy.”

Draco waded through the fog of his mind and said quite unsteadily. “The pleasure’s all mine monsieur” Harry smirked and kissed the back of Draco's hand like a gentleman. “Until we meet again.”

Harry grinned at the blonde’s face and sauntered,-sauntered- away before schooling his features back into place and making up a quick lie for his friends as he sat down in the great hall.

Draco waited. Tried to find the energy to face his fellow Slytherins for dinner and when he couldn’t he waited some more. He ultimately decided not to go to dinner at all as he figured he would never be able to wipe the dumbfounded expression off his face. He instead walked up to the astronomy tower a small smile on his lips.

When morning came, Harry was complacent and spirited, thinking he would be able to spend the day with Draco. When morning came, Draco was stiff and sore from falling asleep in the astronomy tower and had a house elf bring in his breakfast. He wasn’t normally a morning person but felt elated as the sun that rose in the east. He liked this morning.

Only when morning came, death came with it.
♠ ♠ ♠
****************
Duh...Duh....DUHN.....

hehehe i am evil yes i am! lol i just descided to post the special chapters all at once. Hopefully you remember my challenge in the last chapter. Honestly if you get the reference then i will love you forever!

anyways this if a very satisfying chapter. I've worked really hard on it and it is my overall favorite. hope you enjoyed it as much as i did!

Laterz and love to all! ~Panther