Status: Will try hard. No promises.

Snakes and Secrets

Valentines Day Comes Early

VALENTINES DAY COMES EARLY

Draco woke up to a normal morning. Blaise was trying to get his tie on. He usually did it with magic but he swore he would figure out how to tie the bloody thing by the end of the year. Crabbe and Goyle were heading down the stairs towards the common room. And Nott waved at Draco before following them.

Blaise gave him a lopsided grin. “Morning Princess Dray. Breakfast is in ten minutes. So you have very little time to pimp yourself to perfection. Sorry we didn’t wake you up.” Draco stared at him. It was too normal. Too good to be true. Blaise frowned forgetting his tie. “Are you ok? Your eyes are red. Did you get another Nightmare?”

Draco swallowed. His slight hangover also proved that last night wasn’t a dream but a living nightmare. Blaise was the only one who knew his mother was dead besides Potter and Blaise had always stood by him. After this morning he was going to loose his best friend. Why did everyone leave him? Was this Karma for being a git? Was he finally getting a taste of his own medicine?

“Wait for me” Jumping up he put on clean clothes and ran a hand through his hair. He and Blaise walked through the halls to breakfast. “What’s wrong with you? You didn’t brush your teeth or wash your face. You look shabby. What’s wrong Dray? Where’s the perfect look? The perfect mask? the King of Slytherin?”

Draco looked at him carefully. His friend was the only one who knew the true him, his true personality, besides Pansy. Blaise was like his overprotective brother. He wasn’t just going to loose his best friend. He was going to loose the only person that ever really cared about him. “I don’t care anymore because it’s not worth it if I’m not going to be King anymore. What’s the point of pretending?”

He opened the doors to the great hall and immediately people began pointing at them and whispering. As they sat down at the very end of the table closest to the door Draco said to him “I’m sorry I never told you.” Blaise looked like he wanted to say something when then Nott strolled over and all his questions were answered.

“Is it true then? The King of Snakes is Gay?” Draco tensed looking down at his plate ashamed. Silence fell over the hall at Nott’s words. Even the teachers seemed to hold their breaths.

Draco looked down at his lap. Then he looked up at Theo. His mouth was completely dry. No words came. Not one thought. He was expecting this but it didn’t make it any easier. Gathering all the courage he had left after being so broken he nodded.

And Pansy shrieked breaking the silence in the hall. “I KISSED A QUEER?!” if it weren’t for the fact that he was publicly humiliated beyond all reason – the look on her face would’ve been ridiculously funny. Murmurs and giggles broke out across the tables. Draco squirmed at the very end of the table as the Slytherins next to him gave him more room at the table them he needed. Crabbe and Goyle couldn’t look at him. Pansy was outraged at being used. Theo just laughed at him.

Blaise hesitated. He looked at Draco. Then at Theo who was still howling with laughter. Draco caught his friend’s gaze.

Mrs. Zabini was a homophobic. Not one that just wasn’t use to the idea. She had disowned Blaise’s older sister for being a lesbian. If she found out that Blaise was friends with a queer, he would be kicked out too. And Blaise would have to move to France to live with his sister. Draco couldn’t do that to him. And so he sighed and nodded. Blaise mouthed “I’m sorry.” And then he moved farther away from his friend.

Draco pushed his plate away. He wasn’t hungry. He couldn’t look at his classmates. He couldn’t speak when there was no one to talk to. He had a feeling that his voice would soon become rusty and hoarse from disuse. That is, if he ever spoke again.

Staring at the floor the blonde grabbed his school bag and walked out of the great hall towards Charms when his class didn’t start for a good half an hour. Loud laughter erupted as he left and later when he ducked into the bathroom he realized that someone had turned his long blonde hair a bright flamboyant pink.

He rather liked it.

© Copyright; 2011, PantherStrike All Rights Reserved

*********************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh things are about to get WAY worse. then better then perfect then BLOODY HORRIBLE!! I by the way am american. If i get somethings wrong please forgive me. Oi. Tomorrow I'm going to be busy packing for my trip. and Tuesday im leaving at FOUR FRICKING AM to fly to Wymoning. I live on the east coast. and as much as i love out west there are no computers where im going. Sadness. anywayz you might get 1 more update tomorrow. 2 if you send me messages my oh so faithful *checks page* 6 readers! Then i'm gone for a month and loose my 6 readers. Life sucks. Love to all! (personality switches rock! ) ~Kyle :)