Status: Will try hard. No promises.

Snakes and Secrets

Enemy of my Enemy

ENEMY OF MY ENEMY

Blaise knew it was barking mad. He was well aware of that fact since Pansy had been happy enough to remind him of that (More than once) but as he’s reminded her (more than once) it was their only option. He’d giving up his pride, status, title and future for it. It was noble and selfless and a pure show of Slytherin tactics and loyalty mixed with that damned Gryffindor courage.

It was wild, and brilliant with no respect for the rules. Basically the motto was: If we cannot move heaven then we raise Hell.

That’s why it was barking. Bloody brilliant but barking.

~*~

“Whatcha’ got there Harry?”

“I don’t know. I think it’s a note” It had appeared in his pocket after He had been too close to a group of Slytherins on the way to History of Magic. He opened the crinkled note to meet hurried yet graceful words.

We need your help.
-Snakes

“They need our help?!” His friend said outraged but keeping his voice low so not to have anyone over hear than to distract Professor Binns. “With What!?”

Harry looked behind them subtly. “Three guesses” Ron looked back too and saw Malfoy. “We are not helping that Prat!”

“Well” Harry said slowly “let’s see what they want.”

“How?”

Harry hoped this would work. He dipped his quill in ink and wrote his answer on the note.

With what, and why?
-Lions

Like he’d hoped in a few seconds there was a scratching of paper from the Slytherin Side of the room and words emerged onto the paper.

We are desperate. We love the school just as much as you do and the people (including ours) are being ridiculous. Things are only going to get worse. We’ll explain it all if you meet us in the empty courtyard across from the greenhouses during dinner. Just bring Weasely and Granger. 3 and 3.
-Snakes

“Harry you aren’t really falling for that are you?”

Harry looked at him. “Ron you should know by now to expect the unexpected. Look at Malfoy he’s not at all like we thought he was. And their right about one thing; the school is really being stupid. The threats from Nott’s parents are real and could hit all the right places. And no one else is objecting because they have a grudge on Malfoy.”

“As they should!”

“Ron. Think about it. Do you really think Malfoy’s the only one who’s gay in the school? How bloody terrified you think they are now about what their friends will think of them? Haven’t you noticed how Seamus won’t even look at you right now?”

That stopped Ron. “You ruined him. He was going to come out to us with his boyfriend! His Slytherin Boyfriend! And No, not Malfoy”

“How do you know all that!?”

“I had a nightmare the other night and I was walking around when I heard them! Damn you Ron” His voice had gotten even lower so Ron had to strain to here him as Harry looked away. “You ruined me too.” He couldn’t look at his friend.

There was silence for a few seconds then: “Write back and tell them we’ll do it.”

Harry smiled and did as he was told but was careful. He wasn’t that stupid.

Give us one good reason we should trust you.
-Lions

You shouldn’t…. but we need your numbers to take down Nott’s parents and you need us to think of strange and unusual punishments to give Smith a good kick in the arse. And We want our friend back.
-Snakes

Harry read it and thought of a idea.

…We’ll do it but can we bring one more person?
- Lions

Alright. And Potter?

Yes?

Thank You.

~*~

“Harry why didn’t you tell me before you agreed to this? And why didn’t you tell us about you!? And that goes for you too Seamus! Boys, honestly!” The rant Hermione was giving was getting very tiring. They were walking towards the courtyard and the cold weather and empty stomachs did not help anyone’s mood.

“Mione’ we told you. The Press would have a field day if they knew and well I didn’t know how you would react besides it wasn’t really that important.”

Seamus piped up. “And well I didn’t know if you were alright with me and blokes. N’ then ‘specially a Slytherin one. Didan’t wanta risk it.”

Ron had apologized to Seamus and Harry told them why they were going. They didn’t even know who they were going to meet. Just knew they were Slytherins and friends of Malfoy’s. Seamus didn’t recognize the handwriting either but Seamus had eagerly tagged along just in case someone he knew was there. Just in case.

Hermione started up again. “Of course I’m okay with it but really-“

“Hey look we’re here.” Harry said smoothly cutting off his friend. They walked through the archways and were instantly hit with a warming charm.

It was Seamus who spotted them first. “How‘d I know ah bastard like you would be ‘ere?” Was his cheerful greeting.

A boy with shaggy hair the color of caramel apples and brown eyes just as warm, smiled and waved back from the bench he was sitting on next to a Pansy Parkinson and called “Cuz’ only a bastard like me would freeze his arse off here waiting for an Irish prat like you!”

Ron felt a smile twitch at the corners off his lips but held it back. However he did whisper to Harry. “I like him already.”

They saw Pansy give her friend a warm smile which made her features look much prettier and not pug-like at all. She looked behind her at a figure leaning against the bench.

As they got closer to the group Seamus sat promptly in the caramel haired boy’s lap instead of taking the stone bench across from them. A shadowy dark boy with black hair and calculating eyes stepped around from leaning on the bench and held his hand out to Harry.

“Blaise Zabini”. “Harry Potter” The handshake was firm yet cautious, like a test.

Apparently Harry passed because then Blaise nodded to his companions. “That’s Pansy Parkinson and” Blaise smirked and his eyes went from calculating to mischievous, “Resident Lover boy Theo Nott” Theo scowled at the title and Seamus kissed it away.

Harry smiled. “You already know Seamus. Then there’s Hermione Granger and…Ron Weasely.” Harry said his friends’ name carefully, slowly, as a warning to Zabini.

Blaise took the hint. “I’m not going to hurt your friends Potter. Theo would never forgive me. I would, however, teach your friend to think before he acts.”

Ron tensed as Blaise continued. “But you must have some guilt or you would not be here at all. Take a seat. I’ve got a proposition for you.”

****************************************************
© Copyright; 2011, PantherStrike All Rights Reserved
♠ ♠ ♠
okay i'm sorry for not updating but i've got a life! I've been writing chapters in my notebook during study but i don't have time to type it at home! I'm trying though truely! Working hard! this is one of my favorite stories and i PROMISE i'll post my others on here soon! maybe even tonite!

but what are our dear snakes planning? and why do they need them? Will i ever focas on Draco again? Yep! but he makes a new friend and Smith? well...you'll find out exactly why Draco was put in Slytherin. >:)