Status: I'll update as much as I can with how busy my summer's getting!

My Interesting Experience at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry

The Mistake

The long narrow paved pathway to the apartment mailbox felt different this morning. It felt as if there was something in the mailbox calling my name. I felt my walking pace grow faster with each step until I was looming over it, key in hand.

I waited for the mailman to move on from my mailbox before I forced my key into the keyhole. I pulled out each piece of mail one by one.

"Junk, junk, for mom, coupons, more junk, come on!" I cried as I was growing irritated with my mail pile, or lack of a mail pile. I was closing the mail box when the mailman drove over.

"Are you in apartment number 73?" He spoke.

"Yes, I am sir."

"I missed a letter, here you go," he said as he handed me a letter.

I looked at the letter with caution. It was addressed to me in beautiful handwriting in an emerald green. It was sealed with a sort of magenta sealing wax. Who uses sealing wax anymore? I began my walk, or run home with the mail. I bursted into my apartment tossing the mail on the counter for my mother. But I took my letter into my room with me to begin getting ready for the first day of my junior year of high school.

I quickly threw on a tank top and a random pair of jeans and put my hair up in a messy bun. Then I decided the letter was more important than my make up. I tore open the seal and pulled out the letter.

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been invited to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy."

"You've got to be kidding me!" I yelled, "My first piece of mail in months and it's a freaking prank!"

My mother came in and asked me to see the letter. I've been dealing with pranks and bullying since fifth grade when my dad died.

My mother sighed, "Dawn, this is no prank."

"Mom, are you off your medication or something? There's no such thing as wizards!"

Right then I saw my mom's blue eyes flicker with hesitation. She retreated to her room then came back with a stick.

"A stick mom? Really?"

"Just watch," she commanded, "Lumos."

The end of the stick lit up. No, it glowed with light. It was producing light.

"How did you do that?" I questioned.

"I'm a witch, Dawn," was her simple answer.

I was perplexed. I was torn between feeling betrayed or afraid. I felt adrenaline pumping through my veins. I quickly pushed my mother out of my room and locked my door. I heard my mother mutter something and then she opened the door.

"What the-"

"Dawn, listen to me. I've been waiting for you to get this letter since you were ten. You are a witch, Dawn, and you will be attending Hogwarts, starting today."

"But mom, today's my first day as an upperclassman!" I yelled.

There was a knock at the door. I watched my mother turn to get it. I heard a male voice returning with my mother.

"Miss Rain?" Spoke the male voice.

"What?" I retorted.

"My name is Albus Dumbledoor, Headmaster at Hogwarts. I'm here to personally escort you to buy your wand," He spoke.

"My what?"

"Your 'stick'," My mother spoke.

"There's got to be some sort of misunderstanding," I started, "I'm not a witch."

"Oh, but you are, Miss Rain," Dumbledoor stated.

"This is gonna be a trip," I said sarcastically, "Might as well just get this over with. Let's go, mom."

With that being said my mother grabbed both my hand and Dumbledoor's. I felt my insides try to escape my body, the air was gone, and I felt dead. Then my feet hit the ground outside a building with a sign that read "Ollivanders."

"What the heck was that?!"

"Apparation," My mother and Dumbledoor spoke at the same time.

I felt sick as I followed them into the store. I looked around and saw shelves galore covered in what looked like mini shoe boxes.

"Hello dear, are you here to buy a wand?" A man appeared while I was looking around.

"Yes she is, Mr. Ollivander," Dumbledoor spoke.

"Proffesor! To what do I owe the honor?"

"I'm just escorting Miss Rain to get her first wand," He spoke.

"I think I know just the wand for another Rain," Ollivander went straight to the shelf I had last looked at. I was curious when he pulled the red box three down on the left. I had just been admiring the color. He returned with it open and I just stared at it.

"Honey, you have to pick it up," My mother said.

I grabbed the wand, "Lumos," and the wand produced light. The three adults just looked at me with jaws dropped.

"Where did you learn that?" Dumbledoor said picking up his jaw from the ground.

"My mother showed me it this morning right before you got to our apartment."

"You've got a natural witch here, Albus," Ollivander stated.

My mother smiled and hugged me, "We'll take it Ollivander."

We then left with my wand. Dumbledoor told me it was time to get to school for sorting, whatever that is.

"Wait, Albus, what about robes and such?" My mother asked.

"They are all waiting for her at the school," He said, "Her kitten is too."

"You took Whiskers?!" I spat.

"You'll see her soon enough," Dumbledoor laughed, "Now grab my arm, I'm afraid you've missed your train."

I grabbed his arm and there was that dying feeling again. I fell to the ground when we were at our destination. Dumbledoor led me down a spiral staircase to a huge room, the Great Hall. Everyone turned and looked as we entered.

"Go sit at that table," He instructed pointing to a table covered in what looked to be fifth or sixth graders.

I walked over and took a seat, nervously awaiting whatever was about to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it so far (:
Sorting in the next chapter. (: