Status: WIP

Resurrection

One by one your pale fingers started to move

Little by little people started to move towards the exit. Ali told me to wait so we wouldn’t get stomped on again.
“Ok, now tell me what the fuck was that??!”, she grabbed my arm and her face was right in front of mine.
“What??”, I knew what she was on about, yet I thought if I pretended not to know she’d drop it. No such luck.
“What the fuck was that moment with Ville??? He was like staring at you! And you were all phased out! Singing!!”, her shock was evident in her voice.
“What do you mean? I thought that’s what people do here, sing a long…”, silly Eva card wasn’t working, it never did….
“Yeah..! But not when the lead singer is eye fucking you and you him!!”
“ I was not eye….”, I was interrupted by a security guy.
“Hey, you two ladies. You were invited backstage”, he motioned to me and Ali.
“What???!!”, Ali squeaked. “By fuckin’ who??”
The security guy chuckled “The band of course…”. Ali’s mouth once again was wide agape. I could hear some girls gasping behind us. The band wants us backstage? No… no no no! Oh my God NO! Ville did thought I was a groupie and he told the rest of the guys and now they think they gonna have a fun time with us!! This was beyond awful!!
“Oh my fuckin’ Gooood!! Like right now??”, this was a dream cove true for Ali and she couldn’t believe her luck while I was thinking of running away, leaving Ali there, still gasping like a fish.
“Yeah, right now”, the security guy held his hands towards us, “c’mon, I’ll help you.”
“NO!”, I shouted.
“What you mean no??”, Ali turned to me. “This is like the most amazing thing ever! We have to go!!”
“No, I can’t….”, Ali grabbed my hand and pushed me towards the security guy that was waiting for us. “Yes you can! I won’t go there alone! They never invite people backstage so randomly so to decline this would be like kicking Ville himself in his balls”, she giggled.
“No Ali, what if they think we’re in some groupie and……”, the guy picked me up and helped me jump over the barricade. “They don’t do groupies!”, Ali jumped over the barricade herself and started following the guy backstage.
My heart started beating wildly again. What the hell was I doing? What the hell will I do when I see them? Him? He’ll probably laugh at me. My God…. At least I fought against Ali’s suggestion to wear her chosen HIM gear. I only had my new HIM shirt with black Heartagram on the front (think Valentine Day’s shirt) while Ali herself was properly decked out. HIM shirt, hoodie, necklace, self-made HIM jeans. She was a walking Heartagram. At least I won’t look like a fool…..
We reached the dressing room doors and I could hear someone laughing inside. There were quite a lot of people there with us. Mostly reporters, already clutching their notebooks and recorders.
“You can stay here. The guys will be done with their interviews shortly”, said the security guard. “Also take these,” he gave us plastic cards that said VIP on them, “and don’t be shy to help yourself”, he motioned to the table in the far corner filled with light snacks and drinks”, “My name’s Mike, I’ll be around here so if you need anything just shout”, he smiled and left us.
“This. Is. Unreal.”, Ali was eyeing everything with shinny eyes. “I don’t know how this happened or why and I don’t care”, she dropped my hand and went to the snack table.
“Hey! Wait!”. The last thing I need now is for her to ditch me. She grabbed a can of coke and gave me one. “Why d’you think they asked us here?”, I asked.
“I dunno,” she shrugged. “Maybe we looked good…. Maybe Ville really liked YOU!!”, she put her coke down and grabbed my shoulders. “Oh my sweet beetle juice!! That’s it! You had that moment there and he liked you!!!”
“I told you, we didn’t have a moment”, I brushed her hands off of me and crossed mine over my chest.
“Oh right, right. I’m sorry. You had that eye fucking moment there”, she grinned at me that evil wench.
“Listen, Ali, I really don’t feel comfortable”
“Oh love, I was only joking, relax. Just think about it, you’re about to meet one of the best rockers in the world! One of the most famous people in all Scandinavia!”, Ali tried to calm me down .
“Yeah….”, I let out a deep breath. That as well. Famous people. Now I know that they are no better than us and I would never treat them better than myself but it was still nerve wracking.
15 minutes passed and we were still waiting. We spent them chatting, well, me mostly listening to Ali what she wanted to ask them band. She had million questions. She was meeting her idols so this night was the best in her life. Me? I think I chewed my lip open. Some people passed us, they were talking about the after party that was going on in the bar just across the street. Ali suggested we should go. I’m not a drinker but I could use a shot right now… or two.
The doors to the dressing room opened and the drummer came out along with Mike, the security guy. He approached us.
“So ladies, ready to meet the band?”, he smiled at us. Ali made some weird squeaking noise and nodded her head. I took a large gulp of my soda. I really didn’t want to do this…
“Follow me”, said Mike and led us back to the dressing room. Ali was holding my hand tightly. She had the biggest grin on her face that shoved all her gums. She turned to me. “How do I look?”
“Ummmm…. Like a HIM fan that’s about to meet them?”
“Shit! I need to look normal!”, she exclaimed and brushed her hair with her fingers. Yeah, that helped….
Mike knocked on the door and entered. It was quite large room, with two couches on both sides, few chairs , a table in the middle, littered with empty bottles, cigarette butts, a towel and some other random stuff and a mirror on the opposite side of the room. I noticed the band instantly, they were sitting on a couch, talking with each other, relaxing. There was also an older looking guy on the phone, few other people that I presumed to be friends and some crew members. From what I could see we were the only fans there. Lovely. And in the far left corner was Ville. Talking with some woman. He changed his clothes and he had a purple beanie on. He was holding Red Bull in one hand and cigarette in the other. He looked….amazing. I inhaled sharply when suddenly his eyes landed on me. I could see in his eyes that he recognized me. Crap. He smiled at me. Most genuine smile I’ve ever seen. It wasn’t just because he noticed me or because I was there in the room looking at him. He smiled and he meant it. I smiled back and started chewing on my lip. I could feel my face getting red and that only made me blush even more. He turned his eyes from me and continued talking with the woman. Great. More reason for him to think I’m some fan with a crush on him. Which I’m not!! …. Which one I wasn’t…?
My thought were cut short when the older guy approached us. I didn’t even noticed that Mike left us.
“Hello girls, my name’s Seppo. I’m the bands manager.”, we shook hands. “I’m sorry to ask this, but it’s my job. Are you over 18?”
“Oh yes, nice to meet you. And yes we are. My name’s Aliana but everyone calls me Ali, I’m 24 and Eva’s 25”, Ali motioned to both of us. I nodded and smiled at Seppo.
“Great. No offence, it’s just we have to be sure. We don’t want any scandals, you know.”
“Of course, we understand”, I said.
“Good”, Seppo smiled at us, “Now come and meet the guys”, he lead us to the sofa. Ville was still chatting with that woman. Probably his girlfriend, though they didn’t look like a couple. And the woman seemed to be older than him…. Why am I thinking all this??
“These lovely ladies, came to visit you. Be nice”, Seppo winked at them.
“Hello”, the bald guy waved at us, the drummer. “I’m Mikka, but you call me Gas”, he smiled brightly at us, he seemed very lovely.
“Mikko Paananen. Truly, the pleasure is all mine”, Mikko bowed to us. I laughed and shook his head. Ali seemed start struck.
The guy with longish brown hair blew his cigarette smoke and saluted us “Burton, nice meeting you”.
While Ali shook Burton’s hand I looked behind me. Ville was hugging the woman and kissed her on the corner of her mouth. I yet again blushed and quickly turned by head to see Ali touching the guitarist’s dreads. I raised my eyebrow and gave the rest of the guys confused look. Mikko chuckled “That’s Linde. That happens sometimes. To some those things are fashion statement, to others a weapon of choice, to your friend it seems to be something magical”. I laughed.
“I‘m Eva by the way. That creature,” I pointed to Ali, “is my lovely friend Ali, she’s usually not into hair fetish. ”. The guys laughed and Ali glared at me.
“Valo! Come and meet our lovely guests!”, said Mikko and suddenly I felt someone behind me. Not someone. Him. My whole body started tingling. I turned around and was met yet again by the most beautiful shade of green eyes.
“Hello therrre”, he greeted us. Ali turned around and made very monkey-like noise that sounded something like ‘uuhhh’, that I think supposed to be ‘hi’.
“Hi”, my voice seemed so small. I knew I was blushing again and I knew Ville could clearly see that. “Ville Valo”, he introduced himself.
“Eva Mosley”, I choked out. He smirked took my hand and kissed it. “Pleasure”. he let go of my hand and I could feel it tingling where he kissed it. I wanted to touch it but I held myself. I cleared my throat instead. “That’s Ali. She’s a bit… star struck. She’s a really big fan”. Ali gave a slow wave. Ville took his cigarette out, never leaving my eyes.
“Are you?”, he asked.
“Am I what?”, my brain was working way too slow. The wheel was spinning but the hamster was missing.
“A big fan”.
“Oh ummm… well. Not really. I mean… I’m a new one.”, I stammered. For fucks sake, can’t you give the man a straight answer? I cursed my mind for screwing me over.
“Ah!”, Ville nodded, “got dragged in into this mess some call music”. I laughed, “Kinda, yeah. But I like it. You’re were amazing, all of you!”
“Thank you little one,” Mikko bowed again, “It’s always nice to hear compliments, especially from a beautiful lady”. I laughed. “If you keep bowing to us, you gonna end up in that position”
Mikko snorted “Been there done that… And if you keep blushing like that you gonna stay the same shade of red”, Mikko pointed at my cheeks. I grabbed by face and cursed under my breath. Everyone laughed, but the one that caught my attention was again behind me. I started laughing and looked at Ville and mouthed ‘sorry’. He grinned at me and lit up another cigarette but took it out quickly, “oh shit, sorry, you don’t mind?”.
“Oh, um, no no.”