Sequel: Until the End

A Forbidden Love

New Job

I heard Him's Vampire Heart sing throughout my apartment complex, and I ran out of the bathroom and jumped onto my bed while answering my phone. Pulling off an awesome tumble if I do say so myself.

"Hello?" I answered, out of breath.
"Hello, is this Elena?" A man asked.
"Yes, this is she." I nodded for some odd reason. "But I prefer Ellie."
"Hi, Ellie. This is Larry, we talked earlier this week."
"Larry, hey. What do you have for me?" I asked, biting on my nails as I awaited on his answer.
"Well, I'm hoping you didn't apply anywhere else. Because you're hired, my girl!"
"Shit, are you serious?" I asked, excitedly.
"Dead serious. You're going to be a roadie since one of our roadies left us. I hope you don't mind."
"No, not at all."
"Great. Hope you can take on a bunch of wild children. Cause my boys are worse than that." Larry chuckled. I giggled.
"I'm sure I can take them on, Larry."
"I'm just giving you a heads up there, El. So, we'll be seeing you tomorrow at 8am?"
"Hell yeah!"
"All right." You could hear him smiling. "We'll be at the Rosita stadium. You know where that is, right?"
"Sure do."
"All right then. I'll be seeing you tomorrow then. Congratulations, El. Glad to have you on our team."
"Thanks, Larry. Thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Anytime, Ellie. I'll see you." We hung up.

I dropped the phone onto the bed and screamed at the ceiling with pure joy. My neighbors banged on the walls, making me yelp.

"Keep it down over there!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes as I called my Dad to let him know about my great news.

"Hey, Ellie." My Dad's voice rang through my ears.
"Hey, Daddy. How's Vegas?"
"Boring without you around. What's it like in Cali?"
"Different. Very different. It's quiet where I am."
"Where are you again?"
"In Huntington Beach."
"That's right, that's right. I need to get up there to check out your new living space. No guys are living with you, is there?" He asked, seriously.
"No, Dad. Just me and Ash."
"Good, you two better be behaving up there." My Dad warned, playfully. I shook my head.
"We are. We're little angels, you know that." I laughed as I heard my Dad snort.
"Good to hear." It was quiet for a quick second.
"So Dad, guess what?" I smiled.
"Come on El, you know I'm not good at these." He whined.
"Just guess, will you?"
"You got a dog?"
"Nope."
"Ellie, I don't know."
"Fine. I got the job!"
"Really? Which one? The one with the band? Or the bartender?"
"The band one. I'm a roadie." I laughed.
"You can't even do the dishes and they expect you to set up band equipment? Boy, do I feel bad for the band." Dad laughed.
"Hey! I do so do the dishes. What do you think the dish washer is for?" I giggled.
"You're crazy, El. But do you know the band you're helping? Or no?"
"No, I won't find out until tomorrow."
"You better give me a call once you find out."
"You know I will."
"Better. I got to get back to work, El. I'll call you later sometime, if not we'll talk tomorrow."
"Okay. Bye Dad, love you!"
"Love you too, Kiddo. Get some sleep for your big day tomorrow."
"Will do. Night!" We hung up.

I slipped out of my towel and threw on my black sweat pants and a tattered old Rob Zombie shirt and threw my hair up in a sloppy bun as I headed out into the living room. I just sat down with a bowl of pretzel sticks when Ashleigh walked in from work. She eyed the pretzel in my hand then the bowl, a huge smile spread across her face as she leaped over me and grabbed the bowl from my hands. I frowned at her as she stuck her tongue at me. I laughed, snagging another pretzel.

"How's your day?" I asked her, leaving the tv on some comedy show. Ashleigh shrugged.
"Work sucks. I think Anthony hates me." She mumbled, chewing on a pretzel.
"Why do you think your boss hates you now?"
"I don't know. Maybe cause I scratched his car up with mine?"
"Yeah, that would set him off." I laughed. She smirked, throwing a pretzel at me. I glared.
"What about you? Anyone call for your bum self." I nodded.
"Yes, sir. Larry called."
"Larry?"
"Band manager."
"Oh, really? What's that mean?"
"That I'm working with a band. As their roadie."
"Roadie? You know you have to fix and set up things, right?"
"Yeah." I nodded.
"You can't even fix the TV screen." She laughed.
"The TV doesn't like me, that's why!" I pouted.
"Sure it doesn't." She giggled. "But I'm happy for you."
"Thanks. I'm nervous to meet the band, though."
"What's the bands name?"
"I don't know. Larry didn't say."
"Well call him up and ask!" She laughed.
"I'm not going to call him now. It's late." I looked at the time, it was 10:55pm. "I should be getting to bed. Don't want to look tired for my first day." I smiled widely. "Plus, I might meet a hot, sexy single rock star." I winked. Ash laughed.
"Check some out for me." Ash called after.
"Will do. Night!"
"Night!"

I closed the door and set my alarm for 7am, then snuggled under the blankets. Smiling I thought of what laid ahead of me for tomorrow, imagining what the band would look like. I prayed they weren't girls. I couldn't stand girl rockers, they thought they were so hot and perfect. Yuck. Yawning, I shut my eyes and fell into a dreamless slumber.