Sequel: Until the End

A Forbidden Love

You Were Right

I ran around the empty bus lot looking for Ellie in the dark of the night. Worry coursed through my veins like fire, thinking of all the worst things that could happen to my little sister at this hour. Things I would like not to mention. I heard crying a little distance away and saw a figure sitting on the curb, sitting under the streetlight with her head in her hands as she sobbed. My heart broke at the sight. I sat down beside her and pulled her into my arms, letting her soak my shirt with her tears as I softly stroked the back of her head. Telling her that everything would be all right. That I was there for her.

"You were right all along, Matt." She sniffed. "I am an idiot for trusting him. I'm so sorry." She cried. I shushed her.
"Elena Marie Sanders," I said her name softly. "you are not an idiot. Don't you dare think or call yourself that. Do you hear me? If anyone's the idiot around here, it's Syn without a doubt. You know why?" I asked her. She shook her head, wiping her snotty nose as she looked up at me with tear filled eyes. "Because he has lost the best damned thing he could have ever had. And now he's going to live a miserable life without you. While you're going to live happily with a man that loves you for you and won't ever want to break your heart. Ellie, you are a beautiful, smart, witty, lovable young woman and any man that doesn't see that is a waste of your time." I told her. She smiled.
"You really think so?"
"I know so." I kissed the top of her head.
"Love you, bro."
"Love you too, sis." She kissed my cheek.

I held her in my arms for a little while longer, waiting until she felt ready enough to go back onto the tour bus. My phone vibrating made me jump slightly which made Ellie laugh. I smiled as I pulled out my phone, reading the text from Val.

"Bus is leaving u 2 best get back here quick" It read.

"Come on, Ell. The bus is leaving." I helped her to her feet, keeping an arm around her as I supported her.
"What..what about him?" She asked, frantically.
"Ignore him. Just go straight to the back of the bunk area. We'll be there for you, don't worry a thing." I kissed her head. She sighed.

I helped her onto the bus and walked her by Syn and Michelle, who were sprawled across the sofa in each others arms. Michelle grinned while Syn kept his sad eyes on Ellie. Ellie turned her head so she wouldn't see them and I glared at them both. Syn for hurting Ellie, once again, and Michelle for rubbing it in her face with that smile of hers. I led Ellie into the back of the bunk area where everyone was seated. Rev and Zacky cursing as they played Call of Duty on the Xbox, Johnny drinking his beer as he watched them with a laugh, Val sitting cross-legged beside Johnny.

"Ellie!" Everyone said at the same time, each saying their own versions of 'how are yous?' and 'Are you okays?'. Ellie just merely shook her head with a small smile.
"I'm fine guys. Really." She was such a terrible actress, you could see in her eyes she wanted to cry. "I just..I just want to go to sleep."
"Go to sleep, Ell. We'll be here if you need us." Val told her.
"I'll be in the driver's seat if you need me for anything, Ellie Bellie." Zacky said, kissing her cheek. She smiled.
"Thanks, Zackers. I'm so sorry about the black eye. If you ever plan to punch him, make a hit for me as well?" I laughed at her comment. Zacky smirked.
"With pleasure." He winked before heading out the bunk area.
"Well, I'm off to bed. Need anything before I go?" She turned, asking us. We shook our heads as we said our good nights. She smiled softly before leaving to crawl into her bunk.
"Poor, Ellie.." Val sighed, resting her head against my shoulder. Rev, Johnny and I agreed with her.