Sequel: Until the End

A Forbidden Love

Dinner With Syn

I jumped through the apartment door as I threw my keys into the jar beside the door, making Ashleigh drop her soda onto the floor. I laughed as she glared me while picking it up.

"You owe me a new soda." She grumbled as she walked into the kitchen.
"I don't owe you anything. Not my fault you have butter fingers, my dear." I smiled widely as she glared up at me.
"Looks like someone had a good first day." She eyed with a smirk.
"That I did."
"Care to spill?" Ash asked, sitting beside me.
"Well I'm working for the band Avenged Sevenfold. They are fucking rad, just saying. They are all just so yummy! Muscled, tan, tatted up. Just beyond perfecto." Ash laughed. "Just can't have one of the guys, though."
"Why? He's married?" I shook my head.
"Nope. You'll never guess."
"Then why?"
"There's a strong possibility that he may be my brother." Ashleigh's mouth dropped.
"You're kidding, right?" I shook my head. "But I thought you didn't have any siblings?"
"I thought so too until today. Even my Dad acted weird when I told him the news."
"What he do?"
"He just became really silent. And when I questioned him on his silence he told me he had to go and hung up."
"Huh, that's weird of him."
"Isn't it?"
"Very. We'll talk later when I get home from work, all right?" Ash said, getting up.
"Sure thing. Have fun."
"Loads." She rolled her eyes. I laughed as she walked out the door.

I jumped off my seat and felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Smiling, I pulled it out of my pocket and plopped down on the sofa as I read the text. It was from Syn.

"Hey its Brian. I'm coming to get u around 7 i wanted 2 know if u would like 2 go 2 dinner wit me?" I smiled as I read the message.
"Hey Brian :) sure id love 2!" I texted him back quickly. My phone vibrated again.
"Sweet!! :) try not 2 look 2 good lol :P" I laughed at the message.
"ill try my best for u lol"
"U better lol where u live at again?"
"Haha dont u know? Thought u were my stalker?"
"Lol i am ;) i just havent stalked u to ur house yet"
"Well stalker, i live on johnson street 3825 apartment b"
"Wow u dont live 2 far from me :D"
"Greeeaaaat jus who i wona live by lol"
"Aww :( tht was mean"
"I sowwy"
"U will be >:D but ill see u soon babes" I smiled widely as I kept rereading that message, my heart thumping quickly when he called me 'Babes'.

I put my phone back in my back pocket as I stared at the apartment room around me, biting on my bottom lip as I thought on what I wanted to do now. I checked the time on the wall, it was 5:56pm. Guess I should start getting ready for tonight. I skipped into the shower and stripped down and hopped in, my thoughts wandering to different things. From Matt possibly being my brother to Syn calling me babes. It would be great if Matt turned out to be my brother. My older brother. I always wanted another sibling, and now look, I was possibly getting my wish. And Syn, where do I begin with that man? Needless to say, I have a little crush on him...all right, a huge crush. He's a gorgeous man, could you blame me for liking him? Those strong tattooed muscles, warm brown eyes, heart stopping smirk...the cold water snapped me out of my thoughts and I jumped out of the shower, wrapping the towel tightly around my body.

I headed into my room and dressed quickly into my favorite black ruffled skirt and slipped into a red corset that tied around at the neck. I searched in my room for a pair of heels that would be perfect for the outfit, my eyes landed upon Ashleigh's red heels that I took from her. But shhh, don't tell her that. I smiled as I slid my feet into them and checked myself out in the mirror. I know I told Syn I wouldn't get all dressed up, but I really wanted to impress him. I was just about finished tracing my eyes with my eyeliner when I heard a car horn honk outside. I ran out of the room as I grabbed my purse on the way, and locked the door before I left. I slid into the passenger seat and looked over at Syn. I smiled as I saw the expression on his face.

"Too much?" I asked him, looking at my outfit. He shook his head.
"No. You look beautiful."
"Thank you." I blushed. "You look good too." I eyed him in his black button up which he left a couple buttons at the top undone, him in his dark jeans with his many belts. He looked real good.
"Thanks." He smirked, pulling out of the spot.

Syn pulled into the parking lot of Hibachi, somewhere I've never been to but always wanted to go. I walked beside Syn as we headed into the restaurant. Goosebumps rose on my skin as I felt his hand lightly touch the center of my back as he held the door for me. As Syn talked to the guy about our seating arrangements, I glanced around the place. It was quiet and Chinese decorations covered every inch, the smell of fish and chicken filled the place and made my stomach growl quietly. I bit my lip as I tried not to giggle and did amazingly. Syn wrapped an arm around my waist as we followed the guy to our table by the back windows, overlooking the pacific ocean. It was a breath taking view as the moon shone upon it beautifully. Syn sat beside me.

"Hope you like sushi." He said.
"I do. I've always wanted to go here, but no one I knew liked sushi."
"They don't know what they're missing. I love sushi, I'm here all the time." Syn smiled.
"Lucky you. So what's up with this table? It looks like a stove." I nodded towards the black thing that was connected to our table.
"It is a stove." Syn laughed. "They cook your dinner right in front of you, doing some fucking awesome tricks as well."
"Really? That's so cool!" I smiled widely. "What tricks do they do?"
"Toss knives in the air and catch them behind their backs, throw bowls in the air too and catching them in their hat. My favorite, and will probably yours as well, would be the chicken piece toss."
"Chicken piece toss?"
"Yeah. Our cook will cut up some pieces of chicken and toss it in the air for you to catch. I never miss." Syn smirked, being cocky.
"That sounds fun." I bounced in my seat. Syn's eyes traveled across my body.
"How you today, Mr. Gates and beautiful lady?" Our cook stood on the other side of us.
"We're great. Thanks." Syn answered.
"What would you like?" He asked.
"Ellie?" Syn nodded.
"Uhm, can I have the chicken teriyaki?" I ordered. The cook nodded, then looked over at Syn.
"I'll have the usual." Syn said. The cook nodded and got to work.

I watched him in amazement as he started his tricks. I jumped and cringed into Syn's chest as the fire exploded on the stove, Syn laughed as he explained that was all part of the show. Our cook apologized for the fright and continued on with his little show. Syn kept his arm around me the whole time, and when it came to the chicken toss I was up first. I giggled as it bounced out of my mouth then watched as Syn caught it like a professional. He smirked as I stuck my tongue at him. The cook said goodbye and left us to eat.

"So, tell me about yourself." Syn said, chewing on a piece of steak.
"What would you like to know?" I asked, feeling a sense of deja vu.
"Just anything." He shrugged. I chewed on a piece of chicken before answering him.
"Well, my full name is Elena Marie Sanders. I'm 23. I used to live in Las Vegas with my Dad. My favorite color is purple. I love Tim Burton and all his movies. Johnny Depp is my actor! Uhm, I love monsters. And cookie dough ice cream is the shit." I giggled.
"We have a lot in common." Syn laughed.
"Oh yeah? What about you, Mr. Gates?"
"Name's Brian Elwin Haner Junior. I'm 28. Lived in Huntington Beach all my life. I love purple too, it's such an awesome fucking color. Like a really awesome fucking color. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are fucking awesome. My Dad is Guitar Guy on the Jeff Dunham show. I have a sleeve tattoo covered in monsters cause I simply love monsters, like you do."
"Wow. We do have things in common." I popped another piece in. "This is really fucking good." I pointed to the chicken teriyaki.
"Really? I never tried it before."
"You've been here all the time and never tried this?" He shook his head. I stabbed a piece and held it out for him. "Here, try it." Syn leaned over and ate the piece.
"Fuck, that is some good shit." He said, his mouth full. I scrunched my face up in digust. He laughed. "My bad."
"Yeah. Yeah." I smiled.
"You try." He said, holding his food towards me. I took a bite. It was delicious.
"Oh damn. That's delicious." I gasped, covering my mouth as I chewed.
"I know." He smirked, stealing one of my pieces of chicken.
"Thief." I mumbled, stealing a piece from his plate.
"Look who's talking." He chuckled. I stuck my tongue at him. "Stick your tongue at me one more time." He threatened.
"Or what?" I grinned.
"Just do it and you'll see." I stuck my tongue at him once again, he smirked then leaned over and quickly bit my tongue.
"Ouch. Asshole." I mumbled as I lightly touched my tongue. Syn laughed.
"You ready to go?" He asked once we finished. I nodded. "All right, let's head to the club."
"Get our drink on!" I yelled.
"Hell yes!" He laughed, wrapping an arm around me as we left.