Ghosts

Chapter 10

We sat down at opposite ends of the table. I was in no mood for this really although I had agreed to it. I ran my fingers through the little hair that I had. We just stared at each other for a bit.

"What do you want to know" he asked finally.
"What are those things?" I asked him hands clasped in front of me on the table. He took in a big breathe and looked down at the table.
"Those were demons. They are bad souls who have inhabited a body to do their bidding. They are part of what we call the Dark. They can be killed, the body at least, then the two souls are released. The original soul and the Dark soul" he said finally looking up at me. I was breathing normally but I felt like I couldn't get enough hair. I shook my head. This wasn't real, this stuff happened in movies and books. Fiction books.
"Why are they trying to eat people?" I asked him still trying to wrap my mind around what I was just told.
"The Dark souls are deprived of skin and feeling. They are jealous of people so the kill them anyway they can. Usually they bite them which, if they don't kill them first, turns the bite victim into one of them. This new body now only has a Dark soul and cannot be saved" he said not taking his eyes off of me.
"Wait new body? What do you mean by saved?" I asked confused.
"When your body is inhabited by one of the Dark souls your original soul is still in you, just over powered by the new Dark one. When you get bitten and the infection spreads it kills your soul and you are now nothing but an empty shell for the Dark soul to use" he said.
"And saving those not infected?"
"Well when the Dark is done using the body sometimes it will just leave and that person will return to normal. If, however, the body is harmed and dies the two souls escape. The original soul is left to wander around looking for help from a Light soul while the Dark soul goes in search of a new vessel. The Light never saves the original souls though, not anymore at least" he said shaking his head at the last statement.
"What do you mean anymore? What happened?" I asked softly for I could see he was starting to get mad.
"You know about God and Lucifer right?" he asked me. I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe