Ghosts

Chapter 14

Dylan and I had been walking for awhile in silence when he stopped abruptly. He looked over at me and the look in his eyes scared me. He picked me up and took off into the sky. He went way up high so that no one would see us past the clouds.
"They're dead" he said bluntly to me. For some reason I wasn't surprised or phased by the statement. I just felt numb all over. I almost had the feeling he had brought me there to say my last goodbyes.
"They're in heaven. They're are part of the Light now. They will watch over us on our journey" he said to me, still very blunt and hard.
"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him. He looked down at me confused.
"What do you mean?" he asked me.
"I... you... you could have just let me go on thinking that they were alive" I said to him.
"Why would I do that? That would be lying because I knew you were going to ask me" he said in response.
"You know for an angel you're kinda a douche" I said letting go of his shirt. I didn't care how high we were I didn't want to touch him unless necessary.
"So I'm a douche because I'm not a liar. And you know for someone who thinks they're so hard ass you sure are sensitive" he retorted. I punched him in the chest which caused him to flinch, which in turn ended with me free falling and shitting my pants. He dove to catch me and scooped me up then proceeded to scold me.
"God you know... you are so stupid. What were you thinking? Don't ever do that again. I've risked everything for you at this point I mean I might as well just kill myself because that's whats going to happen to me anyway. I saved your life and you go and pull a stunt like that. Do you want to kill yourself?" he yelled at me. I stayed silent. I did want to die actually. I had lost everything. My parents. My little girl. I didn't have any friends. I didn't have a lifestyle. I was homeless and dirty. The one person who I had left pretty much hated me. I was ready to die.
"Listen I'm sorry. It's just I've broken almost every angel law that there is. I've interfered with fate. I've taken in a human. I've told you our secrets, well some of them. I've revealed what I am to a human through word. And I've let you see my wings. The only thing left to do is fall in love with you. But don't worry that definitely won't happen" Dylan said scoffing at the last statement.
"Why can't angels love" I asked. I felt kind of weird when I remembered that we were flying and having a casual conversation, at least casual for us.
"I'm not really sure. I guess because love can lead to sin. Love can cause you to stray from the path of God. Besides it's not like we need to procreate. When people die and they go to heaven they become angels" he explained. We flew in silence until we got into town.

We landed just outside of my old town. The town was almost entirely surrounded by woods so that helped conceal us. We walked out from behind a building and seamlessly blended in with the crowds of people rushing through the streets and buildings. I always remembered the streets bustling with people, especially around this time of year. For some reason I started to feel really light headed and grabbed tightly to Dylan.
"Hey? What's wrong?" he asked keeping his eye straight forward. My head was pounding and I could barely breathe. I couldn't speak at all or even think. My vision was starting to go blurry. I could feel myself ready to collapse.
"Alex? You gotta listen to me. I have a friend close by here. If you can make it just a little ways more I can help you but you gotta keep going" Dylan said his voice sounding distant. I kept walking even though the pressure in my head was incredible. I could feel the ability to speak come back.
"Dylan. Dylan, what's happening to me?" I asked holding my head.
"I can't explain right now. It's just around the corner" he said putting his arm around me and pushing me along.

We reached the old town church. It was now a town landmark since the new church had been built. The cemetery was one of the oldest in the country. We walked up to the bug wooden doors that stood old and strong. Dylan knocked on the door and we waited. All of a sudden my knees buckled and I fell to the ground. I fell down the stairs and landed on my stomach, it hurt like a bitch. Dylan didn't run to my aid or ask if I was ok. He simply picked me up and brushed me off. The doors opened and a priest walked out onto the landing. From the little I could make out he was very old.
"Dylan. It's good to see you again" the priest said and gestured for us to go inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe

yo peoples tell your friends about this story im working really hard and i dont seem to be getting much feedback. im not discouraging silent readers, hey i love that you're even here but it would be really cool if you could spread the word.

and on a side not- BUG BITES SUCKKKK!!!!