Ghosts

Chapter 19

I woke up with a massive headache. I saw that my door was still open from last night. There was light streaming in from the huge window on one side of my room. It was really pleasant, then I remembered why I was here and the moment was gone. I got up out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I looked awful. I had a huge bruise on my chin and cuts all over my face. I walked over to my bedroom door and went to shut it. I was about to close it when I noticed Dylan was in the living room with no shirt on head in his hands. He looked so sad, the room looked so sad. The furniture was flipped over and the table was still broken. I noticed that there was more damage now than when I had gone to bed. Dylan must have had a fit after I was asleep. He looked up at me and shook his head. He got up and walked over to me. I backed away from him and closed the door. I heard him knock very lightly. I didn't open the door or respond in any way. The knocking stopped and I heard him walk away. I sighed and walked back to the bathroom. I turned the water on and took my
clothes off. I stared at myself in the mirror again, i hated myself naked. Although besides the bruises I didn't look as bad this time. The bruises... they were awful. Big purple and blue splotches on my ribs. I even had a couple of those gross yellow and green ones. The cut on my back was healing but it hurt to bend. I got into the shower and let the water wash away everything.

I got out of the shower and noticed more clothes on my bed. I was still in my towel but I didn't care I knew Dylan wasn't going to pull anything.
"What's this?" I asked him walking out into the living area. I was holding a tee shirt in my hand. He just looked at me.
"I went and picked up a couple of things while you were in the shower. I figured you could use some new clothes since yours were dirty and old" he said pointing at the shirt in my hands.
"I know how to do laundry I said to him.
"I know, sorry. I just wanted to get you somethings" he said looking very sad. I just sighed.
"Where did you get the money?" I asked. This question had been nagging at me for a while.I mean he just walked into a hotel and got a suit like it was nothing.
"I have my ways" he said in a tone that suggested I not pry anymore into it. I just nodded and walked back to my room. I shut the door and proceeded to change. I was in nothing but underwear and a tee shirt when Dylan walked right in.
"Listen I'm sorry about last night. I just... John was one of my close friends. We've known each other for a while and ... It's not your fault" he said, almost heartfelt. I didn't want to think of it that way though. I didn't want to fall into any sort of thoughts that he was a good guy. I just nodded again and continued to get dressed.
"Are you ok?" he asked me. I just stopped what I was doing and slowly turned my head to him. I just stared at him for a minute. Was he serious? Could he see my face? I couldn't stop looking at him, it was like surreal that he had just asked me that.
"Ya I'm fine. I get beat up and thrown into coffee tables all the time. How are you?" I asked him walking over to the bed and sitting down. He walked over to me and knelt down in front of me. We looked at each other for a minute before I couldn't stand it any more. I went to roll backwards but he grabbed me keeping me facing him. I just looked at him. His eyes were locked on mine, then he just stood up and walked out of the room.

"What the hell?" I just said aloud to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe