Ghosts

Chapter 24

I awoke with the worst headache imaginable. It was crazy, worse than anything I'd ever experienced before. I felt like I was going to throw up. I felt myself get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that my eyes were glazed over, like the Dark. I wanted to scream but I couldn't there was something else controlling my movements. I started shuffling to the bedroom door. I tried to stop but I just couldn't. I wasn't in control anymore, I felt possessed. No, I have to fight this. I grabbed onto the wall and tried to pull myself back into the room. Whatever was in me was stronger though as I fell out of the room onto the floor. I stumbled to the kitchen part of the room and found a knife. What was I doing? I grabbed it and walked towards the couch. Dylan was laying there sleeping. I held the knife up ready to stab him as I stumbled forward.
"No" the words escaped my mouth and it surprised me. The things inside me must have been surprised too because I stopped moving all together. Dylan stirred. I had to wake him up.

I forced myself to trip over the table and made a lot of excess noise. He was a sound sleeper. I felt like I was going to throw up as the thing inside twisted my body to face Dylan.
"Dylan!" I yelled finally finding that ability. Dylan slowly opened his eyes but then shot up.
"Alex? What are you doing?" he asked panicked. I just shook my head, I could feel the tears falling. He must have noticed the eyes.
"Alex you've been taken over. You have to fight it. It's possible trust me but you have to try hard" he said almost coaching me. I stood up, even though I was moving I felt limp. I tried to put my arm down that was holding the knife but I was losing the ability to move my own limbs. I felt trapped inside of myself and I couldn't escape. Dylan jumped over the back of the couch and I felt myself lunge after him.

He grabbed my arm and tried to prevent me from stabbing him. I was trying so hard to release my fingers so that the knife would fall. I couldn't they felt like steel.
"Dylan. Dylan" I cried as he tried desperately to push me away. I could feel myself slipping away. I was losing this battle. No I wouldn't let them win, I had to win.

The battle within myself was awful. It hurt so bad. My head was splitting I was sure of it. I started yelling at myself but I couldn't make out what I was saying. I noticed that I had backed away from Dylan. The Dark was now focused on fight me.
"No. I won't let you win! Get out! Get out!" I screamed at myself stumbling backwards I tripped a couple times but didn't fall. I started hitting myself, I wasn't sure if it was me or the Dark that was doing this. I could see Dylan and he looked absolutely horrified.
"Alex ... I..." I heard Dylan stutter. I was pulling my hair out practically. I must have dropped the knife at some point. I screamed and felt myself collapse, then I felt numb and limp.

Dylan ran to me and knelt next to me. I felt him lift me up to him, he held me against him.
"You did it" he said cradling me in his arms. He held me close to him and as much as I wanted to pull away I just couldn't. I was covered in sweat and I was shaking.
"Dylan what were you trying to say to me earlier?" I asked pulling away from him. He just looked at me for a minute.
"Nothing" he said and stood up. He helped me up and walked me to my room. We nodded to each other and I went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe