Glitch

The summer before twelfth grade... My life changed forever. I know that must sound cliche, but it's true. It's the summer my five best friends and I got to live our dream without losing our reality, and discover ourselves along the way. Whoa, that sounded even more cliche. Anyway, I should keep talking.

A few years before, we had started a band. At first, it was just a hobby, a way to pass time after school, but after a while, it started to become something much more.

I'm not going to say music was our lives. It wasn't. We were each others lives, and music, it was simply the thing that kept us together, kept us stable, kept us sane.

I don't know how exactly it did the things it did for us, but I chose not to question. Our love for it was clear as day. Laney's chocolate brown eyes sparkled, and her smile glowed brightly when her tiny fingers made contact with the guitar's thin metal strings. You could see it in the way the way Margret went from looking lifeless and meek to cheerful and bright when she stepped foot on stage, or began to play her guitar solos. Whenever Angie heard a beat she liked, she would slide her drums sticks out of her pocket, and drum out the beat herself on whatever was near her. M was constantly on the brink if bursting into song. And Willow? Well, there were alot of ways Willow expressed her love for music.

We had never considered become professionals, until my uncle, who has high power in the music industry, heard us playing at a local talent show, and from there, we skyrocketed into fame, but not exactly the way most people do. We ran into a few more glitches than most performers could ever dream of. Literally. Confused, aren't you? Don't worry, I'll explain.