Liamnjase

T H R E E

Jase was short for Jason, the name that he despised but Liam loved and a name that Scarlett was neutral towards.

Jason had been Jase’s father’s name and having his son after him was a conceited move on his father’s part and was possibly the only thing Jase’s father might have done right. Jase’s father had only married Jase’s mom for money and when his dad found out that his mom wasn’t all that rich and that he was going to be a father soon, it freaked him out and as soon as Jase was born, he pinned his name on his son and split.

People said that Jase liked to party and be out because he never grew up with a dad, but Liam didn’t grow up with one either and he was perfectly fine. Maybe he didn’t like partying because it “took him away from his broken home,” maybe he liked partying because it was partying: he’d go out, have fun, then come home to either Scarlett or Liam, depending on how the party went. Scarlett if it was a bummer, since she never approved of him being drunk, and Liam if the party was awesome, since Liam didn’t care if Jase was drunk because the two of them were together.

Except...except maybe some part did want to party to get away from it all, to get away from all the stress of Liam and Scarlett and his mom and his failing grades and just life in general. Because partying made him feel good, even if it was just for a little while.

He partied to forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'd like to thank all the wonderful people who've commented on this so far. Your comments are motivating me to update this often. :]